Spec as Bard?

Tykk

Fledgling Freddie
I want to know how u shud spec as a bard? what weapoon u shud have and so on and how much points u shud sett on everything :D

fionnel

Fledgling Freddie
47 music/43 nurture/16 regrowth/5 (?) weapon is a rvr spec for bard.

Weapon doesn't matter much since you won't need to hit anyone, but in case you need to solo something (like in ml's) best choice is blunt because they have a style off block at 4 while blades have a style off parry which bards don't get.

Polkadot

Fledgling Freddie
Quite a few different options but the 'standard' RvR spec would be:

Nurture: 43 (Speed 5 and End 5)
Music: 47 (Best Instant AoE Mezz)
Regrowth: 16 (30% Ress)

If you want a character with Speed and Weapon Spec I'd suggest a Skald or Minstrel as both are far superior fighters. However, if you really want to spec a bard with weapon you could spec as follows:

Nurture: 33 (Speed 4 and End 4)
Music: 44 (Best AoE Mezz and top level DD)
Regrowth: 9 (Cure Posion and Disease)
Blunt/Blades: 35

Be warned though that if you go for the second spec it will be harder to get a group in RvR purely because most groups prefer speed 5.

Good luck with your bard :)

Awarkle

Fledgling Freddie
you can risk dropping your regrowth down too 7 or 9 for cure desease and cure posion but you will shaft your healing abilitys pve.

But you can then bring your styles up and at least be able too kill yellows ;)

haarewin

Fledgling Freddie
Awarkle said:
you can risk dropping your regrowth down too 7 or 9 for cure desease and cure posion but you will shaft your healing abilitys pve.

my current spec is 43 nurt, 47 music, 12 Blades (side snare is useful), 11 regrowth. my heals are crap in rvr, but can keep people alive in pve :)

Eroa

Banned
Awarkle said:

Had 9 mending on my shaman and heal as good as i did with 28 ^^;
Realm ranks might have something to do with it considering i was rr7 and had caped +mending

SoulFly

Can't get enough of FH
Eroa said:
Had 9 mending on my shaman and heal as good as i did with 28 ^^;
Realm ranks might have something to do with it considering i was rr7 and had caped +mending

Let's see:

9+11+rr7=6 = 25 = around same variance, using base heals ofcourse. Spec heals don't get affected by mend/rej/regro spec.

I have 19+11+2= 32 rej, and I have variance, due to the fact that base heals have variance, till your healing spec is the same as the level of the baseheal you cast.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom