Speakers problems

M

~Mobius~

Hey, I have a problem with my speakers. I have to turn them on the top volume to listen to anything, and when I do I get this beeping noise in the background (like morse code) as well as a sort of whistling noise, any idea why? Its the type with 2 speakers + 1 big woofer box thingy bob.

They are Packard Bell.

T

TheJkWhoSaysNi

Try this, go to Controls Panel > Sounds and Audio Devices

Then click Advanced (Under device volume) then try turning up both "Volume control" and "Wave".

M

~Mobius~

My volume is working correctly now, thanks. :) But the horribly whistling/morse code noise is still there.

M

~Mobius~

Doesnt seem to work either, unless I've clicked the wrong thing. Where is the microphone option?

T

TheJkWhoSaysNi

Also, make sure that the speakers are plugged into the soundcard properly. If they're not plugged in properly sometimes you can hear static.

T

Tom

It sounds like noise being picked up from the mainboard. Not much you can do about it, although if its a soundcard rather than onboard, you could move the card to a different socket.

T

Tom

Try changing the drivers for the audio to the Realtek ones.

K

kameleon

Well? What worked?
It's a help if you post what you did in case others get the same problem

M

~Mobius~

Someone had turned my CD audio and the sync option next to it right up.

W

WPKenny

I'd hope you'd have noticed that when I suggested you mute the "line-in" I just didn't want to go through the whole list of possible items in the mixer. :D

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom