Spawn tube camping

U

Uncle Sick(tm)

Originally posted by old.ivan
Yeah and we stopped 'Liberating' Europe :) Btw camping Leningrad in hope i will respawn there is soo lame, i would just spawn as Partisan in some small village next to your camp spot and stop your ANTs :p

LOL:D

I tried Moscow but was stopped by teh 'urrah!! 'urrah!!-zerg and some bad weather shortly before capping it.

F

Faeldawn

Back on-topic:

I love it when i find a friendly spawn is camped and will respawn there constantly until the base is lost or reclaimed.

A large amount of my kills are from killing spawn campers with my surpressor, can usually get 2-3 per respawn before i die, then i simply respawn again in the same room, they have to get back into the base which takes time.

I know a lot of players will scoff at my tactics as being too gung-ho, lacking any real strategy and encouraging players to spawn camp, but when i storm i like to get right into the heart of the action, im usually the first one up or down a camped staircase and love to rush max units on my own if need be, so rushing spawn-campers with only basic kit really floats-my-boat :)

So to all spawn campers i say, please continue, ill laff my socks off when i kill your max with my surpressor :)

O

old.giriam

Originally posted by Omniscieous
There's no excuse for spawntube camping actually, you can destroy the spawntubes and stop the enemy from appearing at all.

If you blow up the spawntubes you put a serious strain on the base NTU usage, since

1) tubes take a lot of NTU to autorepair
2) tubes autorepair in no-time, so you have to blow them up continously and thus deplete even more NTU.

After a serious fight the NTU level of a base is always low. Anyone who starts blowing up equipment during a hack on such a base should be dealth with by a swift kick in the nuts.

So, spawncamping is the best way to go in most scenarios. Or even destroying the generator in some cases; when friendlies swarm the base and the NTU levels are really low this is sometimes the only way to make sure the hack goes through, counter-intuitive as it may sound. If you dont blow the gen then friendlies are bound to deplete it with not-so-bright moves, like the one you just suggested.

k

P

[PS]Mung

Now something needs to be cleared up here.
I've heard conflicting reports about how quickly spawn tubes repair.
Some say it take 5 seconds, others say 15 minutes.

What I suspect is that the tubes start to self repair after 5 seconds (thus starting to drain NTUs) and take 15 minutes to repair to a functional state.

Still camping may be lame, and if I had the choice I'd destroy the tubes and make sure there was an ANT handy.

Users who are viewing this thread