South-west UK bars

Brinx

Fledgling Freddie
Time for something vaguely on-off-topic.

There must be some forumites in the southwest around here or at least passers through. I'm on a quest to find a certain type of bar/pub to frequent.

Criteria is as follows:

- Quiet atmosphere
- Average age of at 23+
- Decent music in the background (jazz, blues, good rock - doesn't matter too much as long as it's not to the point where you can't hear anything else, that's what gigs are for :) )
- Not horrifically overpriced because of the suits willing to pay tons for a vodka tonic.
- Good seats.

Totally fedup of loud, chav bars full of baseball caps, terrible music and crap drinks. A heart I'm a grumpy young man and need a place to suit this. If anyone has a good recommendation I'll buy them a pint in it.

(I know it's an extreme long shot to find but I can dream)

Daws

Fledgling Freddie
lol yeah extreme longshot. You're talking impossibility here - I live in the South East (Surrey area) and there is one decent pub I know of and because it's decent the prices are extortionate of course. Thus there is an ok pub which has a nice atmosphere and is very cheap which I frequent instead. It is also the feeder pub for the local clubs so it's good for checking out the talent while you can still see straight :eek:

Sissyfoo

Fledgling Freddie
Stay out of the south west then. You will only find inbred fucking morons down there.

If only you liked R&B and house music...then you would be at home with the rest of those pricks.

Conchabar

Fledgling Freddie
the last time i went to a pub was when i was 15 then i never went back..... i dont like pubs i dunno y just to many twats .. guess i'll go back when i find that perfect pub \o/

Riddler

Fledgling Freddie
Conchabar said:
the last time i went to a pub was when i was 15 then i never went back..... i dont like pubs i dunno y just to many twats .. guess i'll go back when i find that perfect pub \o/
pubs are the sole meaning of life

asarithia

Fledgling Freddie
Found a perfect pub. no, not in the UK... But it's not perfect anymore, since it became a popular hangout for all sorts of people. I don't want to stand in a damn line to get into my pub. :(

Gengi

Fledgling Freddie
You could try 'The Good Pub Guide', a book created by beardy Real Ale Drinkers, many of the pubs in the Guide will match your criteria. Oh and you'll get a damn good pint every time, and the guest Ales will keep it all from becoming jaded.
Sorted

Later

evzy

Can't get enough of FH
Teh Red Lion is always a safe bet

evzy

Can't get enough of FH
Afterthought.....
Has anyone actually ever seen a Red Lion ?

pez

Can't get enough of FH
south west is quite large, i doubt you want to go all the way to cornwall if you live in bristol

if you live in the swindon/Bath area i could point out a few

cruentus

Fledgling Freddie
Your best bet is to find some places out in the sticks, the locals will prob give you those odd cityhatingyokels looks but its better than just getting a bottle in the face like most city holes. :p

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom