Sounds daft

Laddey

FH is my second home
Heh, im just being generally annoying.. sorry. :D

It's a good idea m8r, we should go into business together.

No strip bars in Preston? I sure the manly miners would love to stuff a few fivers down your cod piece on Friday night!

haha, you'd like that aswell wouldn't you mr Hawkwind!

Laddy,

If i can suggest some other stuff that people generally want a hand with and you may be able to benifit from providing these services also:

-Cleaning windows/cars (old people don't climb ladders and the water plays up with bone disorders)
-returning library books (if its on your way then why not offer to take any books they have back, a lot of our customers always phone in to renew their books when its a bit chilly or raining because they cant make it out)
-taking the bins out (now that most people have got about 6 different bins and they are quite big and cumbersome its an idea)
-cleaning out gutters, probably a bit clogged from autumn/winter by now, all you need is a ladder and a trowl and a bag for the crap you get out.

these are just a few ideas and if you do get any customers it might be nice to give them a form to fill in so they can list any additional stuff they need you to do, probably not just old people but disabled and people with kids never seem to have time to do anything either. but it might be worth just going to your local nick and getting police checked so that you can say youve had it done, lots of people are loathe to trust anyone these days.

Good ideas!

Cadelin

Resident Freddy
With any business idea you need to think about who your likely clients are.

£7 an hour is not too much if you are providing your own tools and are doing something which requires some element of skill. However if you are in an area where you think that rate would put people off you can reduce it for the simple things like lawn mowing.

I seem to remember from the real life picture thread that you had a shaved head? If you are going to be doing work for retired people they will trust you soo much more if you look like a "nice young man". Don't be a skin head, wear some nice clothes when you go around posting leaflets and if somebody speaks to you be polite even if they are really rude to you. They might not employ you but somebody they know might.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom