Sound problems

B

bigfoot

I have XP and a SB Live, never had any problems with games really but for some reason in BF1942 the sound goes all corrupted in game. Anyone got any ideas as to why?

S

Summo

Apart from making sure you have the latest DirectX, the latest sound and video drivers, and enabliung/disabling EAX in the BF1942 options, I wouldn't know.

I expect you've tried all these, though. :(

Generally, it might be an idea to try plugging your sound card into a different PCI slot. It's worked for me in the past.

A

adslrizla

I had distorted sounds with a SBLive/XP too. I set sound quality to high, 22kHz, and on page 2 of the sound settings set it to 32 channels and enabled h/w acceleration. Works fine now......

U

[UKLans]Khan

I had distorted sounds with a SBLive/XP too. I set sound quality to high, 22kHz, and on page 2 of the sound settings set it to 32 channels and enabled h/w acceleration. Works fine now......

I had the same problem and did the same thing as adslrizla and it fixed it.

Ta

Khan

S

Starman

On my laptop, all the sounds played to fast. I disabled hardware acceleration. In sound advanced properties. Fine now :)

B

bigfoot

Cheers all, tried what adsl said and it seems to work fine.

X

xane

I put sound quality on high, I have an older Aureal Vortex2 card, and the MGs sound funny, keep swapping between two sounds, going to try other settings later.

D

Davross

Im pretty sure its the hardware acceleration that causes it for other trying to fix this bug.

I had the same problem with the SP demo and turning off hardware accln fixed it.

D

Dimebag

I have an XP + sblive, i cant actually check the box that says "hardware acceleration" its greyed out, any ideas?

Official liveware stuff?

Dime

X

xane

Had a go and turning off hardware acceleration works for me too now.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom