Sound problems

CorNokZ

Currently a stay at home dad
Hello everybody

I just formated my entire computer, deleting everything, to make it clean and virus free again. I then ofcourse reinstalled my Windows XP Home SP2, but something is wrong with the sound! Every sounds has a ring/echo to it, which is fine for error messages, but it's a different story when it comes to Ventrilo :)

All the voices have a ring/echo too it aswell, which is quite annoying! I'm pretty sure that I reinstalled the same driver for my sound card(Nvidia something) as I had before, and I can't seem to find an option where I can switch off the annoying ring/echo

Anyone got an idea how to fix my problem? :) Any help will ofcourse result in rep ;)

Thanks for your time! Cheers CorNokZ

Cromcruaich

Can't get enough of FH
Mmm im not great on sound stuff, but often these things have an applet you can install to control things like reverb and other effects.

Might be that its set to be using a 5.1 setting but your listening to it on headphones or similiar? Ensure output is set so it matches your speaker/headphone configuration

Ensure youve got the sockets plugged in right.

A bit in the dark but the above may be relevant, hopefully some soundo geek will be along shortly ;)

SawTooTH

Can't get enough of FH
you need to provide a little more information, such as make of soundcard, speaker set up etc.

Lethul

FH is my second home
I bet you have a Logitech Webcam. Disable it's mic :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom