Sound Issues

D

darthshearer

Hi All

I have a headset, just a standard game one. Well the problem is that when Im listening to Music via WinAMP on it, they are OK and I can hear the tunes. When I speak to people or people speak to me on them , I can hardley hear a thing!

All my Volumes are on max and I just cant work it out!

Heeeeeeeeeeeelllpp

T

TheJkWhoSaysNi

I had a similar problem- my microphone recorded VERY quietly, to fix it i did this:

Go to control panel
Then to Sounds and Audio Devices
Then to Advanced (The First one not the second one) You should see a "Volume Control" screen.
Then go to Options and choose properties.
Then check "Adjust volume for... Recording"
and hit ok.
You should get few different options with "Select" checkboxes underneath, this is for selecting what to record from choose microphone. Under microphone there is also a button called advanced, click it.
Check "1 Microphone boost"

That fixed all the problems I had with my microphone, no idea if it will help with your problems at all though.

S

smurkin

check youve rammed the 3.5 mm jack in the back of your pc hard...make sure its in the green socket...not the black...and do the same with the microphone (cant rtemember the color for the mic tho - hehe this reminds me of the steve davis joke and the pink or the brown :) )...also what communication software are you using ?...it might be a feedback cancellation

V

vofflujarnid

The jack for the mic is red, the jack for the front speakers is green (if you are using headphones put it in the green jack), and the jack for the back speakers is black...IIRC :)

D

darthshearer

The commy software is Team Speak, but even the WinXP audio device setup software it sounds really quiet. Also if I watch anything on Win Media Player its V quiet

/edit I got it working now, thanks for the help, I just re-installed my sound card drivers :)

S

(Shovel)

The thing that you might have wanted to check (which may be defaulted differently in the new drivers) is an option called "Advanced" on the volume control.

Bring it up, then hit "Options" -> "Advanced" and some "Advanced" buttons will appear under different devices. Under "Microphone" -> "Advanced" there is a checkbox to give a 20dB boost. That may be what you wanted.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom