Sort of idea for the game?

S

S-Gray

Hmmm, well, it works wonderful in Half Life, and i was wondering if it would be good or bad to add Voice Comms to BF1942.

It would be a lot easier than typing "Enemy Spotted! He is making his way down to the Airfield in a Chi-ha! and their is infantry around him!"

C

.Cask

Yeah I'm really surprised that these weren't in on the full release (they aren't, are they?).

Just got my new headset and haven't really had much of a chance to use it. Except for some 'friends' on MSM who made fun of me saying I sounded like a 12 year old :(

S

Scooba Da Bass

Well, it's not really hard to add them, and having it not in the game means I don't have to automatically turn it off on publics

S

Summo

I read somewhere that Roger Wilco works well with BF1942, but I personally wouldn't know.

If voice comms were implemented then I'd get meself a nifty mic. I'm still using the free one that came with my 33.6 US Robotics modem several years ago. :/

S

S-Gray

i wish i still had my Headset. :(

Im currently using a shitty 'old £2 mic.. very poor too :/

X

xane

When I used to play WWII Online, which is very similar in gameplay to BF42, using voice comms was excellent. We used Roger Wilco on our own clan server.

I'd recommend any clan to get one.

X

xane

Forgot to add, when you have a scout or "spy" and you say "tank leaving the airfield heading north" then you give an idea to spawn an AT man to someone waiting, this is the kind of thing that really improves teamwork.

W

Will

Does anyone have a list of the radio commands yet, or will I have to wait till I get my hands on the full game?

edit://

Code:
11 - roger 
12 - negative 

REQUEST: 
21 - pick-up 
22 - reinforcements 
23 - anti-tank 
24 - naval 
25 - air 
26 - artillery requesting target 
27 - APC 

SPOTTED: 
31 - armor 
32 - infantry 
33 - unit 
34 - ship 
35 - sub 
36 - plane 
37 - scout 

DEFEND/ATTACK: (level specific) 
41 - landing beach 
42 - airfield 
43 - s base 
44 - closest point 
45 - n base 
46 - village 

CONFIRM: 
53 - I'm defending 
54 - I'm attacking 
55 - roger 
56 - negative 

61 - wait 
62 - fire 
63 - hold fire 
64 - fire in hole 
65 - medic / need repairs (vehicle) 
66 - take cover 
67 - bail out / abandon ship 

71 - cover me 
72 - hold position 
73 - go for enemy flag 
74 - fall back 
75 - stick together / get in (vehicle) 
76 - follow me 
77 - go, go

W

Will

You all want the Nvidia graphics fix too?

edit://
This little tip has made a huge difference with both my Geforce3 and Geforce4 cards:

Make the desired video/detail changes in the game, then quit. Open the video options file and change the view distance to 400, then save the file and set the file as read-only.

This will prevent the game from setting the view distance back to 100 and the card will work so much better when it doesn't have to fog everything.

Obviously I nicked this from someone else.;)

P

PR.

I tried it and it feels a little cheatish

You can see Planes heading towards you alot earlier than you would normally and you can see people earlier. It also caused texture errors on my machine (GF4)

C

.Cask

Summo uses cheats!?!?!?

When will the madness end :(

S

Summo

:(

I tried it and yes, I got texture probs too. Strangely I felt no guilt associated with making this change. Crime pays, kids.

P

PR.

do you see in the distance more islands?

I see them on all sides of the map and when I head over to them (as a spectator as they are off the playable map) they are duplicates of Wake Island but with no buildings only their shadows.

:confused:

S

S-Gray

I got fookin lost when i did that, i headed off to one of the Islands and got warned i would be attacked for leaving the map :eek:

Then i was stuck inh the middle with a choice of like 4 places to go :/

Anyway, its a nice idea but the White patches are a bit of a put off

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom