Sorry, which game is this again?

Aurelius LH

Fledgling Freddie
Just went to the War-Europe page, and there's a flash animation there regarding the introduction of the new classes - which I had to watch a few times to make sure I'd not imagined it, and I hadn't, here's the text that it uses :

Supreme tactical leader..
or hate-filled psychopath
DARK AGE OF CAMELOT opens it's doors to you
Discover the elite of MMORPGS

Plus, of course, a picture of the WAR retail box and 'available now'....

Vintersorg

Can't get enough of FH
Just went to the War-Europe page, and there's a flash animation there regarding the introduction of the new classes - which I had to watch a few times to make sure I'd not imagined it, and I hadn't, here's the text that it uses :

Supreme tactical leader..
or hate-filled psychopath
DARK AGE OF CAMELOT opens it's doors to you
Discover the elite of MMORPGS

Plus, of course, a picture of the WAR retail box and 'available now'....

Haha...I hadn't even noticed it...but when I saw the image of the keep door, I did have this feeling I had seen that image before already :p

Flimgoblin

It's my birthday today!
would this be the bit that appears when you mouse over "Daoc/WAR offer"?

Aurelius LH

Fledgling Freddie
would this be the bit that appears when you mouse over "Daoc/WAR offer"?

Nope, it's in the constantly running flash animation banner in the top part of the page. Leave it for a second or two to get past the 'free 7 days from Dreamhack' offer, and there it is.

Aurelius LH

Fledgling Freddie
It is referring to Knight and Black Guard classes, though.

Actually, it never mentions them at all - certainly it's about them, but you'd never have a clue of that if you just saw that animation without already knowing the classes were coming.

Flimgoblin

It's my birthday today!
Nope, it's in the constantly running flash animation banner in the top part of the page. Leave it for a second or two to get past the 'free 7 days from Dreamhack' offer, and there it is.

you do realise that's a rotating panel that just shows the 5 different flash movies in the list?
it'll show:

Dreamhack
Heavy Metal
Daoc/WAR offer
Standard Edition
Orcanizer

movies unless you mouse over one in particular (in which case it'll show you that one)

The transition between them's a bit shit, mind, and left to its own it doesn't play the whole Heavy Metal animation... (you can see the whole thing if you mouse over heavy metal)

pikeh

Resident Freddy
Heh I see what you mean Aurelias, but its just a case of bad transitioning between the BG/KOTBS animation and the DAoC offer one :)

Aurelius LH

Fledgling Freddie
The transition between them's a bit shit, mind, and left to its own it doesn't play the whole Heavy Metal animation...

Sort of the point I was trying to make, really - watch that animation and you seem to get an 'advert' for a hybrid of the two games rather than any useful info about either ;)

Erivoss

Loyal Freddie
Well spotted, I've passed this on to our devs :)

(the animations are actually longer and make sense when you mouseover the animation specific button just under the banner).

Bahumat

FH is my second home
Well spotted, I've passed this on to our devs :)

(the animations are actually longer and make sense when you mouseover the animation specific button just under the banner).

Hey Erivoss *waves like a crazy man*

Nate

FH is my second home
Erivoss!!! The king has returned, with his monkeytar!!!

NicGOA

English WAR Community Manager
*guides Erivoss back into his monkey cage*

The hamster must have opened the door for him again :(

On a more serious note: yeah the banners are misbehaving, we're looking into it thanks!

J

Jenk

Actually, it never mentions them at all - certainly it's about them, but you'd never have a clue of that if you just saw that animation without already knowing the classes were coming.
er.. "The Knight of the Blazing Sun and The Black Guard in.. The Heavy Metal Event"

Gibbo

Fledgling Freddie
Well now theres a new game in town called Warhammer, GOA obviously feel the need to finally start promoting Dark Age Of Camelot so it doesn't steal subscribers from it.........oh wait.......hang on.....

Tallen

Fledgling Freddie
Well now theres a new game in town called Warhammer, GOA obviously feel the need to finally start promoting Dark Age Of Camelot so it doesn't steal subscribers from it.........oh wait.......hang on.....

It's more a case of them losing all their DAoC customers to WAR, then losing all their WAR customers to Guitar Hero: World Tour, COD 3/4/5 and Hello Kitty Island Adventure.

Perhaps this was EA's strategy all along, have GOA do their thing and so strongly encourage all the mmo players back onto consoles?

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom