Sorry state of the BW UT Bookables

E

EntropicLqd

Is it just me or have the BarrysWorld UT bookable servers taken a turn for the worse over the last month or so?

I've been trying to use the BW servers for 5v5 clan matches and to be honest the performance of the severs recently have been appalling. I have to apologise to every clan we play on a BW bookable for the lousy performance.

As far as I can tell there isn't any packet loss, and the ping I get from the server seems good enough. The only real conclusion I can come to is that the server machine just isn't up to the job of running 6 populated UT servers (between 60 and 72 players say).

With Barrysworld - or GAME.NET as I guess I should call it about to be pushed heavily in the stores the problem is only likely to get worse.

Apart from the service, the BW bookable system is pretty slick. OK the web server that sits behind it is a little tempermental, and the forms could do with laying out a little better (map selection areas) but it's still a pretty spiffy system.

If it wasn't for the poor performance it would be great.

I dunno what's broken but please fix it.

G

GalaxiaN

Originally posted by EntropicLqd
Is it just me or have the BarrysWorld UT bookable servers taken a turn for the worse over the last month or so?

It's not just you.
Unfortunately the bookables seem to have gotten slower over the last couple of weeks. I guess this is because the servers seem more busy in the evenings than they were a few weeks back.

It's a shame that Barrysworld seems to be a little run down as in their day when I was heavily into Quake2/3 no one could touch them.
It seems Jolt (sorry for using the J word ;) ) have filled their shoes and offer some blisteringly fast UT2K3 servers.

I only hope that there's a server upgrade on the cards because their booking system and personal configs is very slick, powerful and easy to use. It's seems a shame to be let down by laggy gameplay.

B

Bazerka

Hiyas,

I've just given this box a quick kick - can you let me know if there's any change?

Cheers,

Jase.

G

GalaxiaN

Originally posted by Bazerka
I've just given this box a quick kick - can you let me know if there's any change?

Wish kicking my PC would give me more fps ;)

Tried it tonight and it did seem a lot better than last week. Only encountered 1 laggy patch (which was over after 30 seconds). The server did die on us while in the middle of a game. Not sure what happened but we all had to reconnect and it was fine after that.
Hope it wasn't anything I did within the web admin the game before :uhoh:

Will see what it's like next booking.

J

jai

servers are terrible

hmm dont think u kicked it hard enough mate, i have only just joined GAME.NET few weeks back after having used other ppls bookings over past six months - i always thought them very good so bought 4hrs a week myself for my team praccys and matches. But i have to agree they are totally uselass at the moment as anyone of my fellow members can tell you.

pings do seem ok usu, but they just seem to go really slow now and again i dont know what it is but i have used 2, 3 and 4 serveres over past couple of weeks and EVERY time we have had problems, we have had to abandon a clanbase match and a few 1on1s for ladders because they are SO BAD :(

PLEASE PLEASE can U do something about this bad problem, especially as i note this stuff has all been launched in your shops now... surely you need to sort this out or who will use them. If the problem isnt sorted soon, im afraid id like to think about a refund because as they are at the moment - they are unusable

thanks

jAi aka [___/]Sk@nK of www.flatlinersclan.co.uk

B

Bazerka

Jai,

Out of curiosity, what are the gametypes/mods/mutators you usually use on the Bookables?

With regards to the performance issues you have been experiencing, what are the exact problems you have come across? (Spiking pings, low tick rate, packetloss etc?) The more information you provide, the quicker we'll be able to pinpoint the problem and resolve it.

Regards,

Jase.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom