Sorry I've not been around

TdC

Trem's hunky sex love muffin
Something of a bump. My wounds opened up earlier this week and tonight it was confirmed that they had opened up completely. The wound infection appears to be coming from a bowel infection and is responding to anti-biotics, but not quickly enough to stop my stomach disintegrating altogether.

The District Nurse flagged this to my GP at 5pm, having visited this late despite my reporting it to them as suspected early in the day, GP got here at 7pm and referred me to the hospital. And here I am at nearly 9pm waiting for an ambulance.

Dumdedum...

GP thinks they need to re-suture the wound, but I suspect they will just want to keep packing the wound and send me home. If an ambulance ever turns up that is. Dumdedum....

hope you'll be ok dude!

Turamber

Part of the furniture
Well I'm back home again, I think my bowel would have to be scraping the road to get an overnight bed at the hospital. Apparently they can't re-suture the wound because of all the gunk, but they think I am responding to anti-biotics and that the gunk will reduce and healing will increase.

Surgeon tried to break into my stomach through the wound, putting his whole body weight on my tummy (not good!) and failed, however he did find some bacteria on my stomach wall and has sent it for analysis. Please, please, please, no superbug.

I told them I wouldn't be having another operation and I would be returning the reward scheme card. Got something of a chuckle....

MYstIC G

Official Licensed Lump of Coal™ Distributor
Staff member
FH Subscriber
Glad you've made it home mate. Hope you recover swiftly.

TdC

no curries for a while though I'm sure!

glad you're at home though. take it easy and get well!

Turamber

Part of the furniture
Thanks for all the good wishes folks, much appreciated.

Turamber

Part of the furniture
If you have a strong stomach this is what my wound looks like now. Has closed up a lot in the past 2-3 weeks, but still some way to go till its fixed. The body is pretty darn amazing!

Wound | Facebook

Calaen

I am a massive cock who isn't firing atm!
Holy shit man, that is fucking insane, it's so gross it makes you stare even more to see if it's gonna move!!!

Turamber

Part of the furniture
You're just in awe of the hairiness, admit it!

The body is pretty darn amazing. With it properly packed and dressed the only indicator you'd have something is wrong with me is the fact I can't stand up straight (due to the stomach muscle being bi-sected by the 'hole').

rynnor

Rockhound
Bloody hell that looks nasty - couldnt they stitch that up (with skin transplant maybe?) or do they want it open to let the puss out?

Still as bad as it looks the exposed flesh does look healthy - do they expect it to close up naturally?

Turamber

Part of the furniture
Bloody hell that looks nasty - couldnt they stitch that up (with skin transplant maybe?) or do they want it open to let the puss out?

Still as bad as it looks the exposed flesh does look healthy - do they expect it to close up naturally?

They could re-suture it under anaesthetic, but as there is still some infection there it would just open up again. So they are packing it with algaenate (spelling?!) which drains the bottom of the wound of discharge and expels it onto my tummy/nether regions.

The algaenate is working nicely and encouraging cell growth (granulation) at the bottom of the wound, so it has closed up by 2-3 cm in three weeks.

If it was simply sewn up at this stage it would heal, but leave an abcess underneath - which would cause major problems in the future and probably require more surgery.

With the current treatment it should be fully healed in 3-6 weeks but it is hard to foretell exactly.

TdC

damn Tur. I keep expecting a chest-burster to come popping out of that :( hope it clears up fast(er) mate!

Jupitus

Old and short, no wonder I'm grumpy!
Staff member
FH Subscriber
Ouch!

Oh... and whatever you do, don't let Wij near that! :D

Turamber

Part of the furniture
lol, cheers guys, I hate looking at it myself :eek:

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom