Sorry but this one is a moan about GOA again!!!!!!

Fester

Fledgling Freddie
Question= Have GOA completely lost the plot? TBH I assume I'll either get flamed or ignored, I had a tech problem that I sent to GOA over 2 weeks ago and all I've received in response so far is 1 auto generated answer, and some other crap question asked of me, which was answered in my initial submission (I'd included a copy of my dxdiag for their perusal). Have GOA tech support completely lost the point to their existence, all they seem to me is a provider of smoke and mirrors, and no definitive help? 2 years ago they were sitting high and mighty because there wasn't anything else around in the MMORPG world, so punters had to put up with their indifference, it wasn't right or acceptable but we put up with it! Now the market is becoming flooded with alternatives to DAOC (which tbh I would still enjoy if it hadn't of been for the ill advised TOA, and I'd hoped that Catacombs (which I can't install, (and that's my tech question) would go some way to addressing that situation), it would be right to assume that GOA have thought "oh shit there's a new kid on the block, best we pull our fingers out or the cash cow that we've been milking all these years will go elsewhere", but no! They are the same inept bunch that they always have been, (I'm in the midst of trying WOW atm, I had a tech question and they got back to me within 1 hour), I'm not so sure that WOW is the game that I want to play tbh, but the tech support is second to none imo. So if anyone can enlighten me regarding GOA's indifference to the people that pay their wages, please do so. If you've read this the thanks for listening to my rant.

Kami

Can't get enough of FH
Did you go on Rightnow and update the question you asked of them? You're able to check it's status and add in any extra information you think they need. I used it recently and unlike the billing system it worked pretty well.

Threatening to leave to go play WoW will only get a giggle from the GOA staff, know if I was working for them I'd find it sodding hilarious.

Tilda

If you'd sent a question about the acctual game, you'd have got a reply the same day.
Tech stuff takes longer.
Perhaps posting your issue here would be helpful(ie more than just "omg meights i cant install).

Sandariel

Fledgling Freddie
Taken from his post on the tech boards:
Fester said:
Hi there heres an extract of an email that I sent to GOA regarding the installation of Catacombs "Hi I've recently purchased a new PC along with DAOC Catacombs, and I've subsequently successfully reinstalled the original DAOC, along with SI, TOA and all of the relevant updates. However when I have tried to install Catacombs I get the following error messages "The ordinal 1334 could not be located in the dynamic link library IML32.dll." and "This application cannot start as it cannot create needed files. There may not be enough free disk space". Yet my hard drive shows that there still is 242GB available." As per usual Goa has proved to be as much use as a chocolate teapot, does anyone have any idea what's happening, and what I should do please ?

Well, first of all: You don't have to install daoc and SI and ToA, you only need to install catacombs, it contains all the other expansions.
If installing ToA works for you, though, you might want to try the following:

1. Install ToA
2. Go to your ToA directory
3. open the file update.dat with notepad
4. change the links in there to

patch.camelot-europe.com:1280/updates/english/catacombs/mpatch.dat
patch.camelot-europe.com:1280/updates/english/catacombs/mpatch.dat

5. Start the camelot.exe, it should download all the missing catacombs files (should be like... 800+ MB, so if you're on dialup it might take "quite a while")
6. Hopefully play the game ;)

Oh, and all my Rightnow requests have been answered within 24hours, never had a problem :)

Hope it works :)

Cruhar

Fledgling Freddie
Must agree with the first poster. The few times I had to use Rightnow for technical answers its been like using the Windows Help-Function, some automated answers/response (if any at all).... :(

I have been able to figure out what to do and how to fix it in the meanwhile after talking to other people.

Actually only once have I gotten an answer, and that was in the start, when I was unable to play DAoC at all... I found out if I removed my soundcard from the computer physically, I could run DAoC (no sounds obviously)... When I plugged in the soundcard again it didnt work, and it wasnt enough just to disable it in Hardware management. The answer I got was 'Iinstall the newest divers - Case solved' and I had tried that ofcourse.

I then uninstalled my Sound Blaster Live Platinium and let windows use its standard drivers and it worked... but lot of the software and some of the abilities with SoundBlaster Live was lost, sadly... But hey, I could play DAoC, and not like the sfx are impressive, so usually just listen to CDs or MP3 anyway :D

Oh and trust me, the Tech support at Blizzard is just as bad! I reported 11 bugs/problems in the 2 months I played, and only got response twice, saying they were unable to solve the problem.
1 was a quest where I didnt get the quest-item needed to proceed in the quest, they told me to abandon the quest and start over... I did that, but couldnt re-obtain the quest!

old.Whoodoo

Can't get enough of FH
Firstly, issues down to an individuals PC are not really GOAs problem, as 99.9% of players are happily in game without problems, its down to either your hardware or software, so any reply you get you should be greatful for. They do have more pressing issues to deal with, but for the most you will get a reply when your question comes to the top of their list.

Secondly, theres a hell of a lot of tech heads on these forums along with a tech section devoted to prblems like this, try posting there as well as Rightnow and see what answers you get, there are also people out there who may have had similar problems, and know the solution.

Lastly, its the weekend, its unlikely you will get a reply to rightnow outside of normal office hours. Its also highly unlikely that ranting here about tech support with help anyone, mainly you, as its not an official forum.

Oh, and paragraphs and full stops are your friend ;)

Gamah

Banned
Really couldn't be bothered to read that with no paragraphs :<

Fester

Fledgling Freddie
Sorry about the literary/"style" content of my post, I should have known that there was a few budding MMORPG experts out there, the post was written out of frustration, so don't take the piss out of my grammer please! Just offer some helpful advice if you can, Thankyou!

Aadia

Fledgling Freddie
old.Whoodoo said:
Firstly, issues down to an individuals PC are not really GOAs problem, as 99.9% of players are happily in game without problems, its down to either your hardware or software, so any reply you get you should be greatful for. They do have more pressing issues to deal with, but for the most you will get a reply when your question comes to the top of their list.

Hmmm seeing as you buy the game to play on your pc and they have specific settings for your computer to run it.... + if GOA want to keep your money i would pretty much consider that worth the hassle in trying to resolve why their game isn't running on your pc (as in the 1st poster's pc).

I agree they prolly have alot of things to do but lets be honest... they do have weird ways of thinking most of the time ;)

UndyingAngel

Can't get enough of FH
awww shame.. less complaining.. we all know GoA arnt the best at support but they get there in the end.. ... ..... ...... .... sometimes :E im sure the support reacted to what ever you asked them did you even send it to the right ppl :eek:

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom