Sorcerers power regen buff

C

CliffyG

I have 20 in mind at the mo and the power regen seems to do very little, well it's not noticable anyway. How much better does it get? I'm going to have 44 mind at 50.

W

wyleia

err how much does a minstrel's powersong do at level 20 compared with level 50? :)

C

civy

From 0 to full power it took 2:40 secs with power regen 4 and no serenity.

C

Cap'n Sissyfoo

Regen 4 is pretty bloody fast. Its like having my own private mincer.

X

Xeanor

No it doesn't stack with the Minstrel power song, and if the Minstrel starts a song that has equal to higher value then it will overwrite the Sorcerer's power buff and you have to cast them all again when the Minstrel changes to speed/ablative :(

O

old.TeaSpoon

In my days in Hib as a bard, I seem to remember them stacking....or am I just remembering wrong?

O

old.willowywicca

Originally posted by old.TeaSpoon
In my days in Hib as a bard, I seem to remember them stacking....or am I just remembering wrong?

you're just remembering wrong

O

old.TeaSpoon

Ok........don't mind me then......

la la la

C

CliffyG

Wyleia I'm assuming the minstrel one is far more powerful which is why iasked :). I'm pretty sure at 20 a mini made a more noticable difference.

Also the one i'm using now delves at 2 and the one i will have at 50 delves at 4. Taking into consideration the bigger power pool at 50 then it doesn't seem that much.

D

Danya

A level 4 regen is a level 4 regen whether it's sorc or minstrel. And yes the buff rocks at high level, least it does on my mentalist (who has regen 5).

C

CliffyG

Ah didn't realise the value was level, just thought 4 would only be twice as good as 2.

V

vestax

Power regen 4 is great, makes soloing as a Sorc much faster

Also Sorcs are amazing in xp groups now.. yellow pet/Power regen/AE Mez/roots/Amnesia/Speed/Nukes

E

Esoteric

Originally posted by Danyan
A level 4 regen is a level 4 regen whether it's sorc or minstrel. And yes the buff rocks at high level, least it does on my mentalist (who has regen 5).

Don't forget that the buff version works in combat too.

W

wyleia

Originally posted by vestax
Also Sorcs are amazing in xp groups now.. yellow pet/Power regen/AE Mez/roots/Amnesia/Speed/Nukes

We have always been amazing in grps :)
Now we get power regen so the minstrel can actually take out his sword and join in the fun.. but thats about all the NEW stuff we bring to grps.. But that is the only new spell we bring to grps..

Originally posted by Xeanor
But you don't run powersong in combat ;)

A good minstrel will run it in combat if at all possible, its very easy in pve most of the time, and a bit more difficult in rvr, but yes it is done.

X

Xeanor

Originally posted by wyleia
A good minstrel will run it in combat if at all possible, its very easy in pve most of the time, and a bit more difficult in rvr, but yes it is done.

Minstrel runs the Ablative chant in RvR and whacks enemies with his sword.

And any minstrel that dares to turn on powersong when I've buffed everyone with the power regen will be slapped =)

C

CliffyG

We have always been amazing in grps :)
Now we get power regen so the minstrel can actually take out his sword and join in the fun.. but thats about all the NEW stuff we bring to grps.. But that is the only new spell we bring to grps..

What about the mez reists?

M

Meatballs

Well for PVE you dont get mezzed, and afaik in RvR the group chant cancels the self buff? Its pretty worthless at 5% (and not even that amazing at 10%) but if sorc can reduce his mezz by 40%, that means they got a good chance of mezzing the enemy realm/unmezzing teammates before they get spanked (gank magnets that cloth casters are).

C

CliffyG

I could've sworn the self buff either stacked with the group or the group one didn't effect the one casting it :confused:.

B

Belle Donna

is sorc power regen same as menta one. or not as good? cuz the later menta ones kick ass

D

Danya

No, a bad minstrel powersongs in combat. A good minstrel runs ablative a melees. ;)

And yes, sorc and menta power regen are the same.

Users who are viewing this thread