Sorcerer Stuff :)

Novo

Fledgling Freddie
Hey Im Currently lvling a sorcerer on prydwen, lvl 20 atm,
im just wondering at a lvl 50 specc, A spec i have been looking at which i like quite a bit is....

39 Body -
  • Good Damage on DDs, not final DD though
  • 60 Seconds AOE Root
  • -58 Dex/Qui AOE Debuff
  • Some Debuffs

36 Mind -
  • Easily taken to 50 with Items and RR
  • Final Charm for getting nice pets :)
  • -54 STR/CON AOE Debuff
  • Second to LAst Mezz, 54 Secs
  • Second to LAst Power Regen, +4
  • -40% Mezz Personally
  • -5% Mezz Group

The other option i was thinking of is 45 Body, 29 mind but i think that will be to lacking on Support side...

Any ideas, oppinions, advice? anything will help :)

Thanks

Rohen - LvL 20 Sorcerer Alb/Pry

Wildfire

Fledgling Freddie
If you have an RvR guild or regularly group with assisting ice casters (ice theurgs ice wizards etc) - 46 body 28 mind

If not - 44 mind 31 body

Chilly

Balls of steel
having +mind is a waste of imbue points, it does nothing. At all. Because +skill dont help to-hit and u have no dmg in mind u may as well swap +mind for +pwr in a setup. I find that 40b 36m is a fun spec to solo with and doesnt let me down while grouping. i have penultimate aoe mez, crack an con debuff and also the 30% resists, and with wild arcania those sometimes crit for 50+ Its always fun when ug et a nice fat crit in rvr on a debuff.

Pin

One of Freddy's beloved
Chilly said:
having +mind is a waste of imbue points, it does nothing. At all. Because +skill dont help to-hit and u have no dmg in mind u may as well swap +mind for +pwr in a setup. I find that 40b 36m is a fun spec to solo with and doesnt let me down while grouping. i have penultimate aoe mez, crack an con debuff and also the 30% resists, and with wild arcania those sometimes crit for 50+ Its always fun when ug et a nice fat crit in rvr on a debuff.
+mind reduces powercost of baseline mind spells as focus is capped at your skill level (just like all spell-lines).

As for 40b 36m, it's not a very useful spec anymore. the lvl 35 nuke is outdamaged by the new lvl 50 lifetap (which will be resisted less).

IMO go 44mind, or 46body.

Alithiel

Fledgling Freddie
Chilly said:
I find that 40b 36m is a fun spec to solo with and doesnt let me down while grouping.
A Sorc with 36 Mind saying 'I can mezz!' is like a Paladin with 38 Chants saying 'I can provide end!'. Of course you can, but it's not the best and the group will suffer for it, particularly against enemy FotM setups.

The difference between a 44 Mind Sorc and a 40 Body / 36 Mind Sorc in group RvR is very noticable.

Giga

Fledgling Freddie
Alithiel said:
A Sorc with 36 Mind saying 'I can mezz!' is like a Paladin with 38 Chants saying 'I can provide end!'. Of course you can, but it's not the best and the group will suffer for it, particularly against enemy FotM setups.

The difference between a 44 Mind Sorc and a 40 Body / 36 Mind Sorc in group RvR is very noticable.

the yellow mezz is not at gimped as you think, its more of a backup mezz

and dont forget the lvl 35 spec dd cost less power as the lvl 50 base line lifetab

Gorre

Fledgling Freddie
they spec you are proposing is a viable pve spec
if you wanen RvR in grps go 44mind or 46b depending wich type of grps youll join
otherwise youd be gimping yoursleve and your grp if youd go for another spec

my sorc is 40b 34m
very nice solo spec , but i refuse grping with her cuz you will be gimping your grp
50less radius, higher chance of resists (3-5remezzes due resists on a grp isnt an exception) and your body line will bring 0benefit to teh grp

Adrianicus

Loyal Freddie
40b 36m is still a bloody good spec with aoe root (60secs) and aoe mezz (59secs)

but yes the new lifetap is starting to make me reconsider the use of the lvl35 spec dd

however those of you mention about 44mind but why stop, surely take mind to 46 for power regen 5

Still enjoy my spec - great for pve, solo, small grp and full grp rvr

Draylor

Part of the furniture
Adrianicus said:
however those of you mention about 44mind but why stop, surely take mind to 46 for power regen 5
With 44 mind you can also have 30 body for the lowest AE root.

With 46 mind you cant.

Depends which is worth more to you: Best power regen/self anti-mezz buff or the lowest (30 spec) AE root.

crd

Fledgling Freddie
I dont know much about sorcs but when I played around with the char builder today I came up with a pretty interesting spec imo. Cba to make a new thread so I took first sorc spec thread I found.=P

36 body
40 matter
4 mind

With this spec you can debuff(matter)+dotX2 and dd/snare for ~400, will also do good damage with lifetap/spec dd and can be MA for cold casters. Prolly best for solo but should work in groups too.

Now to my question, does anyone got this spec or is it just totally crap? =)

Fedaykin

Fledgling Freddie
Alithiel said:

not very noticeable at all imo

Fedaykin

Fledgling Freddie
crd said:
I dont know much about sorcs but when I played around with the char builder today I came up with a pretty interesting spec imo. Cba to make a new thread so I took first sorc spec thread I found.=P

36 body
40 matter
4 mind

With this spec you can debuff(matter)+dotX2 and dd/snare for ~400, will also do good damage with lifetap/spec dd and can be MA for cold casters. Prolly best for solo but should work in groups too.

Now to my question, does anyone got this spec or is it just totally crap? =)

total crap :)

debuffing dots has so little effect its not worth it

not worth speccing matter, losing out on so much by gaining so little

Tahn

One of Freddy's beloved
40body 36 mind is the best spec for a sorc atm.. 30% elemental debuffs , nice dex/quick (uber vs pbae grp) and str/con, debuff good mezz (lol missing 50 radius..) and good AEroot ^^ and nice spec nuke for pve... ofc in rvr the lifetap is better ^^

oh and the resist mezz chant is useless tbh :p run speed so u can run away from enemy tanks :p

sorc movie :p ftp://aqe.campus.luth.se/Albs/RvR/FishFalcon.wmv

flex

Fledgling Freddie
i'm 46 body now and really like it. But still thinking about going back to 40 body like my original spec. i really miss my yellow pet :p

with new ra with frontiers i don't think u gonne see 46 mind alot, with the 5 min purge, the root is gonne be more important & with that focus ra u can get ur lvl 35 mez count as lvl 50 resist wise :)

Qaewin

One of Freddy's beloved
Last fight in tahns video is emense ;)
Shame you get the second fg, bit like seven, just when you think everythings heading for a happy ending it all goes pear shaped :(

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom