Sorcerer Spec

C

CliffyG

Started playing my sorc again and am really enjoying it. My current plan is to go for 44 mind and 31 body. With 44 mind i get the best AOE mez and the second best pwr regen, resists mez and group resist mez. 30 body gives me the AOE root (the extra 1 is leftovers). Is it worth dropping the AOE root in body to get the higher level new spells in mind? I'm not fussed about the resists debuffs so realisticly could go 49 mind 22 body if AOE root isnt too important.

J

j000 d000d

Well AoE root should be nice but if you don't have the best nuke then nuking isn't really good as you'll be nuking 10x on someone before he/she dies.....

How about matter ?

C

CliffyG

I dont really like the the sorc's matter spec line. Seeing as i'm gonna be mainly CC with high mind though it might be handy to have the root for when mez ends. Do you think the highest level power regen and mez resists are worth spending all those points in?

J

j000 d000d

Well but as a sorc you might have to mez multiple times in combat.... and you don't have time for casting 20 nukes.... 2x DoT and a few lifedrains should kill someone too :)

Oh, and a lvl 50 pet too :)

And i think too that 45 or 46 mind is the maximum a sorc should go for :p

K

kr0n

Full mind. Roxor.

No GimpXorta spec of 48 body. No no.

Full mind.

And no GimpEzeine spec of full matter. No no.

Mind is TEH specline.

O

old.Atrox

Originally posted by kr0n
Full mind. Roxor.

Full mind.

Mind is TEH specline.

Lies!!
48 Body r0xx0rz!

anyway, imo body offer better spells then Matter ( heat debuff and aeroot )
not sure about how high mind you should get thou, Im gonna have to try afew specs before I can say anything about that.

but Body > Matter

J

j000 d000d

I don't understand how you can nuke with a 133 DD nuke :p

Well you can get the 209 DD one but gimped mezz then. :)

If there was a baseline "nuke" (not a lifedrain) in Body then it would be ok....

So far only Matter has a decent baseline damage spell.

E

Ezeine

Full mind. Roxor.

Full mind.

Mind is TEH specline.

Go away wannabe!

Anyway, it's personal preference.
I don't stick to Walker 24/7 like Xorta so I dont need heat debuff.
And havent missed AE root that much.

IMO, 40 matter/36 mind is the way to go.

K

kr0n

Body spec

Nukes, resistance and dex/qui debuffs, AE root

Mind spec

Pet, AE mez, Str/Con debuff (and those mez dur bufs etc in later patches)

Matter

Err... 1350 range Snare dd... err...

What ever you choose, mind must be in the spec. Either as primary or secondary but it must be there. Full mind is a support char. What you want to play is how you should spec :)

E

Ezeine

Matter

Err... 1350 range Snare dd... err...

What ever you choose, mind must be in the spec. Either as primary or secondary but it must be there. Full mind is a support char. What you want to play is how you should spec :)

Newb.

And no, mind doesnt have to be there. You can spec body/matter for matter debuff.

Edit: And btw, Herald lists the snare dd as 1500 range. Seems like there's a stealth fix in later patches.

L

lofff

44/31 prolly best (or maybe not ;D) since the AEroot can b helpfull and f u got a free sec u wont use dots, u wont use low lvl spec DD, u will use lifetap (body-baseline)

ps: get MoC and keel heros in melee with lifetap ;P

L

lofff

Originally posted by Ezeine

Newb.

And no, mind doesnt have to be there. You can spec body/matter for matter debuff.

Edit: And btw, Herald lists the snare dd as 1500 range. Seems like there's a stealth fix in later patches.

matter sucks.

And mind is the way to go... with all the mezz nerfs less than 44mind is rather gimped.

ps: f albion had bards they all would b nurt/reg/weapon spec.

C

CliffyG

K gonna stick with my original plan, 44 mind 31 body. This is the main one of my alts now so will be putting lots of time into getting him RVR readyb :).

V

vestax

i was matter/mind but respecced to body/mind mainly for the MoC + lifetap trick but i got drunk one night and got that AE DoT RA which is crap unless your matter spec and i now have no realm respecs left.. doh :(

Matter/mind is probally the best solo class in albion.. 2 dots and a yellow con pet means dead oranges with only 10% mana used (unless resisted)

<edit> oh and i was full matter till lvl 32ish and could solo oranges with just using both dots + 1 snare nuke, very mana efficent, Eziene is not a gimp by any means imo

C

CliffyG

I can solo oranges pretty easy at the mo specced somthing like 11 Mind, 10 Body (was unsure of how i was going at first) but i guess thats gonna get harder the more that body drops below my level. I'm purely solo'ing it as i don't trust groups :p so maybe a respec to matter at 20 for BG and levelling to 40. Then i can always respec back to body for proper RVR.

Just out of interest how effective would 31 matter be in RVR? Or is it not worth the variance i'd get in lifetap?

V

vestax

probally not too good, baseline dot would be decent but the spec dot would suck.. RvR is all about big fast damage and with 31 matter you simply wouldnt be able to do that as the snare nuke would suck as well..

If your going dual spec mind/body > mid/matter for RvR

Unless your into Keep defense then go mind/matter and get the AE DoT RA :p

But sorcs generally suck in RvR anyway unless your in a group full of Slambots, you will ALLWAYS be the first to die and therefore get no Rp's..

My Sorc is 47 (yellow con to 50's) Briton and has over 1k HP's but it makes no difference cos as soon as they see them pink stars comming out of your hands you get a 5 man zerg heading straight for you, all it takes is for 1 on them to purge and your dead in 2-3hits..

J

j000 d000d

45 Mind
27 Matter
12 Body

That's what i made with the Character Builder :p

Dunno how good/bad/awful it is tho :p

So that is.....

-Send Pet
-Baseline DoT
-Spec DoT
-Spam Lifedrain

Well sounds good to me anyway :D

V

vestax

Spec dot will suck, Lifedrain varience will be shite but you will get nice mez + baseline dot varience will be good :)

C

CliffyG

OK think i've made up my mind:

44 mind +11 from items - best AOE Mez, second best mez reists and pwr regen.
30 Body + 11 from items - AOE Root and better variance on Lifedrain
8 Matter + 11 from items - just to give the base DOT a bit more oomph.

Add a couple of RR's in and i should be OK.

I will be respeccing my current body into matter at 20 then speccing matter back to body at 40.

How's that sound?

EDIT

BG Spec @ 24 will be

20 mind and 13 matter.

J

j000 d000d

Originally posted by vestax
Spec dot will suck, Lifedrain varience will be shite but you will get nice mez + baseline dot varience will be good :)

Well.... Baseline DoT is 79d per tick and the specline will be 49d per tick.... should do some damage together, no? :)

V

vestax

yeah but your not going to kill anyone with those 2 spells without RA's and your baseline lifedrain will do less damage than your dots, also you will have no mana after 5 casts :)

O

old.Atrox

TBH Sorcs dmg output are pretty gimped with all the SC, sure I still manage to squeez in a few 500+ hits but most of the time I do 250~dmg, thats not enough...
Only thing that keeps me from respeccing atm is the Heat debuff, teamed up with a Firewizard I sudently become a very dangerous player again.
Sorc are not really meant to be damage dealers, we have some dmg spells to support us but our main job still is the CC, with the changes coming up in 1.59 and 1.60 Mind suddently becomes more usefull.

So dont spec for damage, spec for defensive/support.

E

Ezeine

I like matter in RvR :(
Just have to see how 40 matter will cope dmgwise.

Guess it wont be too bad, since body > matter when peeps consider resists. Then again some people have them uber SC templates with all maxed. Just have to see...

J

j000 d000d

Think Matter is better for damage... especially vs. Hibs... they usually have 24% Body buff and only a 8% Matter buff :eek:

E

eben

Originally posted by old.Atrox

Lies!!
48 Body r0xx0rz!

anyway, imo body offer better spells then Matter ( heat debuff and aeroot )
not sure about how high mind you should get thou, Im gonna have to try afew specs before I can say anything about that.

but Body > Matter

Didn't the evil, hard bitch on Excal, Veeshan, have 48 body?

She was scary...

L

lofff

48body/24mind she was

The most popular spec and the best so far in the oldtimes when a 42 sec aemezz was more than enuff

now it lasts 10-15secs = crap

44mind needed. -.-

W

wyleia

We has this same thread 2 weeks ago... you might wanna look here for some answers as well as i cba to retype the same thing again :))

(Yes i firmly support Sorcerers having the best CC possible... I say CC NOT mezz... with purge i blieve you need both aeroot AND aemezz to succcessfully control the crowd.. )

http://forums.barrysworld.com/showthread.php?threadid=48781

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom