Sorc RA's

I

ironhand

Im currently in the process of lvling a Sorc becuase of the lack of them and the need for them in RvR, now browsing through the sorc RA selection it seems to me that they dont have a great deal of great things to spend there points on.

I was thinking something along the lines of (In order of what i would get 1st):-

Purge
Aug Acuity 2
Wild Arcana (for Crit debuffs/Dots)
MoM
Wild Power
MCL
AoM
Aug Dex

Those seem about the only things that are useful, and the rest merely trival. This is based on a 36 Mind/39 Body Spec.

Can any Sorcs comment on this.

L

liste

get MCL when you level. get 23 points asap, and respec out of MCL, and get MoC.

get MoWhatever its called. Casting speed. lvl 3. more if you fancy.

at this point, you can start thinking about purge, various nuke enhancers and so on. MCL is kind of uber as well, if you arent the type who has mana potions all the time

I

ironhand

Im not too worried about RA's for lvling this is purely for RvR purposes. I didnt think that Master of the Art actually worked? And from what ive heard from various casters most hit speed cap with buffs anyway?

X

Xeanor

I have:

Constitution 1
Dexterity 2
Acuity 3
Purge
Mastery of Concentration
Mystic Crystal Lore 2
Mastery of the Art 4
Wild Arcana 1

8l0, 1 point left, getting Arcana2 next and Long Wind 1 after

pots and mcl1 isn't enough usually if youre a real debuff spammer, so i got mcl2

Mastery of Magery and Wild Power are useless for a sorc

there is no casting speed cap

I

ironhand

Originally posted by Xeanor

there is no casting speed cap

So how fast do u cast with Mastery of the Art IV & dex buffs?

H

hansa

Originally posted by ironhand

Too fast for us little hibbies :)

O

old.Bubble

Since sorc's don't have a need to nuke anymore due to super hight resists - Purge, AA3 , MotA and MoC are probley wanted RA's, Bubble used to have Corp dis, it was fun when it critted for 300 damage Dot's for 10 ticks on pygmys, but was kinda useless in RvR.

C

cHodAX

2 years ago on first day of retail I kept hovering the mouse pointer between Theurgist and Sorc (well elementalist and mage for the picky people :p ), regretted my choice for the last year :eek: Gifv class respec god damnit!! :D

Q

Qwegji-

I saw that pbae vid too. Hib pbaer in ToA. MotA + max dex buffs + 25% increase cast speed from ToA items. had his pbae down to 0.8 - 0.9 ><

X

Xeanor

faster than anyone else in albion

C

cHodAX

So fast that Mythic had to design a blur effect for his arm movements :D

O

[Oo]Escape

When my sorc is level 50, I'm going for this order:
Purge > MoC > MotA(x)

B

bigchief

Went mcl->purge->moc

Figured being able to mez someone that had the jump on us was more important than waiting till their assist train got around to me :eek:

Mota next i guess :/

O

old.linnet

I wouldn't bother with Avoidance of Magic, iirc it's being nerfed soon when they tweak the resists. Can't remember the details though.

L

Lochlyessa

mcl -> purge -> mota3 -> aug dex 2 -> wa1 -> moc -> mota4

L

liste

considering the price of MoC, the morale aspect of it bids you to get that one first :p

and nuke enhancers arent useless, if you are the nuking type sorcerer (which you will be if you stick to the 40/36 spec as you initially suggested, Ironhand). But yes. as a mezz bot (44 or 49 mind) they're pretty much shite :)

T

toxx

Im on WA2 atm... i get lotsa crits actually.

did a nice double dex crit on a druid, his dex musta gone to 130 or so :p

S

Sagba

Originally posted by liste
and nuke enhancers arent useless, if you are the nuking type sorcerer (which you will be if you stick to the 40/36 spec as you initially suggested, Ironhand). But yes. as a mezz bot (44 or 49 mind) they're pretty much shite :)
The crap damage Sorc can deal with nukes isn't the reason why nuke enhancers are useless, they are useless because you dont have time nor power to waste on nuking ;o 40Body/36Mind spec doesn't make you a damage dealer, only reason to choose that spec instead of 31Body/44Mind is playing in caster group to get 30% debuffs (and better AE root) - better nukes are just for tanglers slaughtering :p

LW1
McL
Purge
Aug Acu3
MotA3
Dex1
WA1
Dex2 (475k needed)
Try anything, respec at ~1.2Mil to get MoC
Try anything, respec at ~2mil RPs to get MotA4
Now you can get the good RAs you have tried before respecs ;o

O

old.linnet

Why Aug Dex 2? Does +12 Dex really make much difference?

Toughness is better than Aug Con for a caster, btw. I tried them both out while I was levelling.

O

old.Purificator

I'm body specced (46 body, 28 mind), currently 6l2, with 2 points free

List of RAs (in order they were purchased)
Mcl->Purge->AA3->Mota3->Moc->WP1,MoM1,AoM1,
with the resist work coming next patch,and AoM being deducted and the cost refunded, i'm getting WP2,MoM1,LW1

But of course i'm also a potent nuker :)

C

cHodAX

Originally posted by old.linnet
Why Aug Dex 2? Does +12 Dex really make much difference?

Toughness is better than Aug Con for a caster, btw. I tried them both out while I was levelling.

Toughness screws up max hp from buffs on a caster.

I had 1286 when I had best buffs and Toughness, 1336 or so as soon as I respecced and dropped Toughness.

V

vestax

Moc is nice if your split spec body/mind. Means you can stand a chance against stealthzergs :p

V

vestax

Originally posted by old.Purificator
I'm body specced (46 body, 28 mind), currently 6l2, with 2 points free

List of RAs (in order they were purchased)
Mcl->Purge->AA3->Mota3->Moc->WP1,MoM1,AoM1,
with the resist work coming next patch,and AoM being deducted and the cost refunded, i'm getting WP2,MoM1,LW1

But of course i'm also a potent nuker :)

got any screen shots of your nuke damage?

L

liste

with the 40/36 spec, i hit for 250-350 or so, depending. When i duo with Ziera and her debuff, i hit for 450 or so

O

old.Purificator

Can upload some i guess. Keep in mind that my nuke is of equal delve to the wind theu one

Users who are viewing this thread