Sorc PL

V

vestax

Ok.. many of you know this, some might not so ill give you some help/tips on how to pl using a sorc at pymgy gobbos! :)

My Spec is 36 mind / 40 Body (mr4, 60 AE sec mez, 60 sec AE root, 35 spec nuke, yellow pet)

First off get a decent tank pet

Telamon (45-50) decent HP, parry, big damage from the 2h weapon.
Pikemen (48?) decent HP, parry, styles with polearm (allways seems to be a snare style)
knights (49) by far the best pet in lyonnesse - decent HP, blocks, parrys, styles and slams (9 sec stun) seems to have unlimited endurance!

Buff the pet if u have a bot, IF NOT IT DOESNT MATTER

I have tried all the tangler spots but the house seems to be best.

Step 1:

Send your pet to attack a gobbo by the house, and run back down the hill, as soon as your pet starts taking damage set him to passive. This way you get ~16 gobbos with the pet only loosing 25% health.

Step 2:

Turn round and AE mez the gobbos, they should all be in a nice little group. Dont panic if any resist.. just send your pet on them and nuke.

Step 3:

Set pet to defensive and start to nuke the gobbos, with the 35 spec nuke it takes 3 nukes + 1 hit from pet or 2 nukes + 2/3 hits from pet to kill each gobbo. Mana useage is very small using this spec nuke, if your using the baseline lifetap youll need some power pots / mcl. The pet should automatically attack the same gobbo your nuking when hes on defensive!

Step 4:

kill 4 or 5 gobbos then AE Mez again.

Step 5:

Kill 3 more gobbos then AE root

Step 6:

Kill 5 gobbos then AE root again

Step 7:

Kill the remaining gobbos, if you dont think you have enough mana or theres still shit loads left just AE mez again (timer should of reset) and run :eek: or if you have a buffed pet let him kill them all

Step 8:

Pick up bags of loot before they disappear :p

Step 9:

Rest for power (which isnt long with mr4)

Step 10:

Repeat

------------------------------------------------------------------------------

PL Using the Sorc RA.

Although its on a 30 min timer you can make a lot of XP from gobbos using this RA.

Step 1:

Send your pet to attack a gobbo by the house, and run back down the hill, as soon as your pets damage gets to around 50% set him to passive. This way you get LOADS of gobbos.

Step 2:

Turn round and AE root the gobbos, they should all be in a nice little group. Dont panic if any resist.. just send your pet on them and nuke.

Step 3:

AE Con/str debuff the group and set your pet to aggresive. Then use corp dis and run :eek:

Step 4:

The RA does 10x100-140 on the gobbos, that kills 80% of them but some will need like 1 nuke or a hit from your pet, either way its a fat wad of xp every 30 mins.

C

cHodAX

I don't belive you tbh, the only way to prove it is to PL my reaver from 45-48 :D <crosses fingers>

L

leviathane

sorc ra on gobs is old tho, used to use it ages ago.

M

maun

i was thinking of starting a little sorc, but still dont know alot about them, just wonderd if you could answer some of my questions?

1, whats best spec rvr/pve wise?
2, what is the differance between root/mez? (noob eh)
3, do you really die in seconds :(
4, best pets to get from level 20+ and why?

any help much appriciated

W

wildsorcerer

1. dont bother <see 3>
2.dont bother <see 3>
3 Yes
4 as above
---------------------------------------------

if u really wanna make 1 go for pve cookie cutter spec 40 body 36 mind and after all the cash farmin gobo's u can buy a re-spec stone and go for either full mind or 45 body 29 mind. try and go 50/50 untill about lvl 28 then pup up body till 35 so u get a good nuke

ive tryed just about every spec out there and am 49 mind at moment .... i enjoy this spec coz as a support class the mind line prolly helps most rvr .. however i found i enjoyed playin sorc most when i was 45 body as u can actually do some really heavy damage rvr and u also get a v good ae root ..

the mes in rvr sucks imho as soon as u cast it u gonna die ... doesnt matter if it sticks or not any mids/hibs see u cast when mes breaks (with dert 4 about 5 sec;s ) you are gonna b there main target to get down first ...

F

freeq

couldnt agree more wild... give sorc plate imo :D

20+ pets, any keltoi dot pet is good, their dots stack with your base line dot, makes a mean combo :D

25+ anything you can get your hands on, corny hunters sux tho dont even bother trying them... think mines bow string was snapped... boogies are decent, double attack and got decent hp...

just go for any pet that has a weapon and your pretty much sorted, coz they have parry...

best pets i've found are lamia's 42 + they have crazy mez breaky ae spells makes you feel like you are grouped with players ;)

L

leviathane

imo just make a minnie, much more fun, higher hp, stun, stealth, chain, higher con pets and songs.

B

Balbor

if you wanna PL at tanglers do it with a Matter cabalist and a good aoe nuker (smite cleric probably best), its faster, safer, and has less downtime.

you should think about going top mind or body really. Even if you can't get a 100% pet remeber in RvR it will interupt at same level as you.

If you spec Full mind get a nice tough pet and don't stop moving, once you have cast AOE mezz and str/con debuff run away, if you get lucky there tanks will follow you leaving there healers out of range and at the hands of your own tanks. after a short while your speed buff should kick in (if your not running group det spell).

Despite mezz being almost useless it will still work as a bolt range, 400aoe interupt on the casters.

If your running about in HW grab a troll pet as it could give you a few seconds extra against mid groups as they double take your group running at them.

J

JixNox

Sorc

If you planing to make a sorc you can count on alot of lying in the dirt. Even if you mezz all opponents you should live about 10 sec. 0.1 sec if they mezz you first.. Gift sorcs chain imo

H

hangianix

Re: Sorc

Originally posted by JixNox
If you planing to make a sorc you can count on alot of lying in the dirt. Even if you mezz all opponents you should live about 10 sec. 0.1 sec if they mezz you first.. Gift sorcs chain imo
Play with your sorc more imo. :(

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom