Sooooo Close Middies!

O

old.Mug

Sooooooo close last night at cruachon middies!

I get the call middies attacking cru only handful of defenders. Runs up from Ligen with group of eight and by time we get there first door down,nm manage to get in and help defence.
Eventually retreat to Lords room as midies break through--phew about 10 of us hold em off,
Think great fight cant beat that--settle down for nice guild chat

5 mins later get the call mids inc again ..wtf you got wings or something?

As doors hardly repaired mids beak through quicker this time,hardly chance to reach Lords Room have to root a few on the stairs--get their only about 6/8 defenders--fierce fight we are down to two/three Tradolf me and I think Oran,Trad kils about 5/6 on own -- I die,only Trad left he kils another 5 on his own--oh no hes down--mids attack the Lord-- its all over---or is it?

Whats this only 5 mids left standing?--now3,the little lord is puttin up a fight ,2 mids--go little un--One left,--Hooray all mids dead!!

Amazing! I would have ROFL if I wasnt already dead on the floor :)

Great fun mids! But it must be Respect to the Little Lord of Cru!!

M

Melodic

Yep I thought we were fooked for sure that last time.

I was on my alt at the time - 27 ranger - and about as much use as a chocolate fireguard. I got oneshotted so many times last night it's untrue.

On a more serious note we really do have to do something to counter your SBs, who I think are amazing. Death was like a whirlwind in the heart of our defences, even striking down tanks.

A

Ardwan

Originally posted by Melodic
On a more serious note we really do have to do something to counter your SBs, who I think are amazing. Death was like a whirlwind in the heart of our defences, even striking down tanks.

Well you might not have noticed, but if you stand on the walls near the climb points, you can see(and attack ;)) the stealthers when they try to climb in, and by the time they are inside and able to attack you, they will have lost a lot of health and should be easy to take down.

PS. This only works with Middie stealthers so don't try it when Albion is attacking you ;)

A

Azal

I see people try to stop me by doing that Ardwan, it doesn't work.

J

Jupitus

Originally posted by Azal

*sigh*

Spotted you with weeks to spare the other night, I thought, then "WHAM" bad frame rate and I can't get into position to give you a wake up on the wall, and "WHAM" I am dead... grrrrrrrrr!

Back to xp'ing I guess - I'll have you one day Azal, and I'll be cheering :)

A

Ardwan

Well it has worked against pretty much everytime I have done it, with the exception of Blood, which when I went to jump on the wall to hit him, I kinda lagged over the top, and only just got to the gatekeeper as I died, and was nicely ported inside.

A

Azal

There are hibs and albs doing it every keep I've ever been at that has defenders, it hasn't helped them yet.

As a rough figure I think around 1 in 10-15 times I climb up with people there they see me before I can hit someone first, the rest of the time they don't - that's not effective in stopping us doing it, not by a long shot.

I frequently sit on the climb spot typing for a good 5+ seconds before climbing the last half of the way up and still rarely get seen first.

Jup - inf's dont count as much having double detection range of any other class they should *always* be seeing stealthers climbing up first. Though most don't seem to be looking properly when they are doing it.

A

Ardwan

There are hibs and albs doing it every keep I've ever been at that has defenders, it hasn't helped them yet.

As a rough figure I think around 1 in 10-15 times I climb up with people there they see me before I can hit someone first, the rest of the time they don't - that's not effective in stopping us doing it, not by a long shot.

That's just because they are too stupid too move the camera so that it is looking at the bottom of the wall.

A

Azal

Some are some arn't. I can't think of more than 4-5 people that I've ever seen that are effectively keeping ppl from climbing in/up by doing it (if even that many)

J

Jupitus

I think Ardwan may have a point in that the stealth detect range may only work in 2 planes, not 3, so if he stands right on the climb point, and looks down, so long as you break the 3 second detection bubble he may be able to spot you.

<runs away to time the climb up a decent sized wall>

I am still getting used to the changes in the patch affecting relative heights and ability to target and attack. Despite the frame rate (must have been similarly bad for you, Azal) I was close to getting a shot off before you got me, which would definitely have put you back a bit, unstealthed climbing in is not very wise;) Sadly, I was getting an out of range error, and next frame you got me...

Of course, an 8 level difference doesn't work too well in my favour, but you're not getting any higher in a hurry :p

Jup.

A

Ardwan

Originally posted by Jupitus
I think Ardwan may have a point in that the stealth detect range may only work in 2 planes, not 3, so if he stands right on the climb point, and looks down, so long as you break the 3 second detection bubble he may be able to spot you.

Well I know for sure that the last couple times I was in a keep defense I was stood on the battlements near a climb point and looking down I could see every stealther that tried to climb up, once they actually got onto the battlement they would disappear from view. The only names I can really remember are Svartalf and Blood. There was someone else at Bled aswell, I remember smacking him once and he jumped off the wall kinda quick, I laughed at him...and then the bugger found my body after you mids retook the keep and laughed at me :)

I haven't done it since the patch so it might be different now

B

Blood

Some are some arn't. I can't think of more than 4-5 people that I've ever seen that are effectively keeping ppl from climbing in/up by doing it (if even that many)

yep i keep hearing about how great SB's are in defending climb points, but all the sb's i've seen in keep defence, are always out killing casters in the rear of the enemy army

(to be fair it's never been sb's that have claimed they are great for defending climb points)

O

old.Vae

Well I've had similar experiences to Ardwan in quite frequently spotting SB's climing up climb points. Times when I haven't spotted them I've quite often caught them with pbaoe mes or dd :)

J

j000 d000d

i always see the "Kobold Elding Vakten" letters hiding behind the wall, then i turn around and do a ice PBAE :p

O

old.windforce

Hit them hard
hit them hard!

the evil scum :p

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom