soooo. manchester city eh...

Ctuchik

FH is my second home
*giggle*

england just cant get away from him eh? :)

Shagrat

I am a FH squatter
Gives Sven a chance to show he can manage a football team though doesnt it.

cHodAX

I am a FH squatter
£50 million quid to spend, lol that is gonna be a disaster. It would have been £50 million better spent buying thier 'council house' off the local government.

Levin

Can't get enough of FH
Manchester City is not a very big team in England then, supporter-wise? Anyhow, it seems Svennis is taking them to Sweden for summer training. I hope they bring swimgear and umbrellas. :p

cHodAX

I am a FH squatter
Manchester City is not a very big team in England then, supporter-wise? Anyhow, it seems Svennis is taking them to Sweden for summer training. I hope they bring swimgear and umbrellas. :p

In thier own minds they are massive club and they will tell you that the vast majority of Mancunians are City fans but that is a lie they choose to propagate. You see the reality is this, 40 years ago they were a very very well supported club but these days they can't fill thier nice new stadium for 99% of games and their previously huge support has dwindled away to fraction of itself. The attendance figures prove this but also thier financial crisis is another indicator, the club has never turned a profit in recent times and infact it operates with some very large debts. Much of this is because thier fans don't spend enough on merchandise which is the life blood of a club, they have one of the cheapest season tickets in the league and they can't even sell all those. City fans will tell you that they are the most loyal but they never put thier money where their mouths are and actually spend the amounts that fans of other big clubs do.

That is why City will never consistently be a top 4 club again, they can't generate the revenues to put together a good side and the only people to blame for that are the fans who say they are loyal but spend very little on the team they supposedly adore. If they filled that stadium week in and week out, spent the same amounts on merchandise that fans of the top 4 clubs do then Man City would be in a very healthy postition and could once again be considered a very big club.

Coldbeard

Part of the furniture
Anyone else thinks that Sven looks a bit like Larry David (Curb your Enthusiasm) ? xD

Ctuchik

FH is my second home
In thier own minds they are massive club and they will tell you that the vast majority of Mancunians are City fans but that is a lie they choose to propagate. You see the reality is this, 40 years ago they were a very very well supported club but these days they can't fill thier nice new stadium for 99% of games and their previously huge support has dwindled away to fraction of itself. The attendance figures prove this but also thier financial crisis is another indicator, the club has never turned a profit in recent times and infact it operates with some very large debts. Much of this is because thier fans don't spend enough on merchandise which is the life blood of a club, they have one of the cheapest season tickets in the league and they can't even sell all those. City fans will tell you that they are the most loyal but they never put thier money where their mouths are and actually spend the amounts that fans of other big clubs do.

That is why City will never consistently be a top 4 club again, they can't generate the revenues to put together a good side and the only people to blame for that are the fans who say they are loyal but spend very little on the team they supposedly adore. If they filled that stadium week in and week out, spent the same amounts on merchandise that fans of the top 4 clubs do then Man City would be in a very healthy postition and could once again be considered a very big club.

getting tired of englands constant batter on sven so i'm hoping he will atleast help them in SOME way :)

Wazzerphuk

FH is my second home

orly.jpg

Scouse

Giant Thundercunt
FH Subscriber
To be fair, they can't generate the revenues - they needed oil money :)

Draylor

Part of the furniture
Meanwhile, 5 years later, Sven is still a worthless chump.

cHodAX

I am a FH squatter

Oh dear, you obviously fail to see the content or are just playing wind up merchant! :p It's a 5 year old post made before the oil billions came in. They still can't fill the stadium, had 30,000 for a Champions League game even though tickets were rock bottom (had offers on too iirc) and when you look at the income/expenditure numbers it is obvious that they don't even rank as a top 6 club for merchandise sales even though they are eating at the top table of European football. The wage bill is out of control and bonuses for winning the league are going to cost them more than half of next years TV revenue. The business model is unsustainable and it will fail FFP unless UEFA pussy out which they probably will because too many big clubs are currently running at massive losses. So Wazz, don't expect to win anything for another 7 years if City and Chelsea are allowed to keep spending massively beyond thier means. ;)

Wazzerphuk

FH is my second home
I was obviously just trolling old posts - I put the same image up for any posts I could find that matched the search result "city will never" :p

Scouse

Giant Thundercunt
FH Subscriber
Gah. 293kb/s??!

You'd think ISP's would cater for this sort of stuff in cache and pump it out and hewmungous rates :(

Keitanz

Can't get enough of FH

Oh how times have changed ! :d

Scouse

Giant Thundercunt
FH Subscriber
Oops. Wrong thread above :)

Anyway. City. Who gives a fuck? I mean really?

Surely they're like Chelski? In the scheme of things they have won so little and are obviously reliant on sugar daddies that nobody cares when they win - because it'll be thirty years of similar funding before they can come close to getting anywhere near like a threat to the *real* big club achievements.

History is where it's at. There's only two clubs in England with massive histories*. Both are in cities in the North and only one has a beach worth mentioning ;)

*Arsenal are young upstarts

Cerb

I am a FH squatter
Scouse you silver tonged temptress! United won't be drawn into harping about history!.....just yet..

cHodAX

I am a FH squatter
Oh how times have changed ! :d

Yep, Liverpool fans attaching themseleves to the glory of Manchester City because they have nothing else to crow about after an horrific season. How many points did you finish behind United again? :D

Keitanz

Can't get enough of FH
Yep, Liverpool fans attaching themseleves to the glory of Manchester City because they have nothing else to crow about after an horrific season. How many points did you finish behind United again? :D
Well I was talking about them not being a massive club and not having many fans in Manchester etc.. I dunno about Manchester but they are bloody everywhere in the South East! they are spreading faster than herpes!

cHodAX

I am a FH squatter
Do not put words into my mouth. At no point did I ever say that they did not have many fans in Manchester. Show some class and take that back. Twisting my words earns you no points at all, they have a sizeable support but it has not translated into large crowds for the best part of half a century and they still have issues filling the ground unless they do 'kids for a quid' and price reductions for less glamourous games. Also the season ticket price is currently heavily subsidised for large areas of the ground, when that changes we will have a clearer idea about how strong the support really is.

As for City support in the south, well I have no idea so I really can't comment beyond saying that the glory hunters always follow success like flies on shit. Happened to us, happened to you, happened to Chelsea, happened to Arsenal and now it will happen to City. At the moment they are media darlings but once the rot spreads they will be as hated as United or Liverpool ever were, you can count on that. People who swap sides are the lowest of the low, scum of the earth who hold nothing dear.

One thing about this country, we love an underdog and hate winners. Every star we make we eventually destroy.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom