sony sync station and file manager problems

Ch3tan

I aer teh win!!
I'm trying to view and transfer files to my s700 using a usb sync station and sony file manager software. Everytime i open the phone and select either phone or memory card it disconnects with an unknown error.

Anyone else had this problem or found away around it? Any alternative 3rd party file manager programs that will work with the snyc station?

Tom

I am a FH squatter
Have you tried accessing the phone through 'my computer' as a 'sony memorystick device'?

I've found it to be many times faster and easier than using the rather crappy SE software provided.

Ch3tan

I aer teh win!!
It doesn't show up there Tom, that was exactly what I tried and thought it would do first.

Tom

I am a FH squatter
How rare.

When you first plugged the phone into the computer, did it perk up and ask for any drivers and stuff? IIRC I got them with the CD that came with the phone. Perhaps the sync station drivers have over-ridden anything else that would normally happen?

Does the Sync station come with the phone, or is it something you buy extra? Because I doubt sony would make you carry that around just to sync it up with say, a laptop on a train.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom