Sony Launch PSX

S

Scooba Da Bass

Yeah, sounds pretty nice, tivo with a dvd-r.

L

leggy

very nice.

Although they will have to shift their arses before the ps2 runs out of steam.

S

Scooba Da Bass

This is more than likely meant to compete with the the Xbox 2 which MS have said is designed to be a media centre style affair.

N

nath

My xbox already is a media centre :D

Man, Bodhi is gunna spooge his pants :|

Y

Yaka

wonder if this is compatible with the ps2 linux kit

O

old.Fweddy

Wonder if this is compatible with my bank account :(

Y

Yaka

well i think they are saying it being close to £500 and there should also be a mid range and a high end home cinema amp to go with its looks

if it will be £500 then its dirt cheap for wot it is

W

wolfeeh

indeed

the only current dvd recorder and hard disk recorder around, made by panasonic, currently costs around £750 on its own, that's only got a 40 gig drive.

T

Twaize

Will it be WITH a PS2 or only the DVD and HDD recorder?

Cos if it is only DVD and HDD it will be somewhat cheaper!:clap:

S

Scooba Da Bass

What I've read so far suggests it'll have a ps2 inside, but that could very well change.

B

bodhi

It's not really aimed at the console market, it's more an all in one home entertainment box which can play PS2 and PSOne games aswell.

H

Happy Go Lucky

Thompson are selling a dvd harddisk recorder for £500, but whether you would choose this over panasonic is debatable :)

edit:- Pace are doing digital video recorders for £350 if you don't need the dvd. Thats £150 extra for the dvd, when they're now as cheap as £50. all in one boxes should be cheaper, not more expensive ffs .

Y

Yaka

prices always go lower which they prolly will when the psx is released

S

Scooba Da Bass

Originally posted by Happy Go Lucky
Thompson are selling a dvd harddisk recorder for £500, but whether you would choose this over panasonic is debatable :)

edit:- Pace are doing digital video recorders for £350 if you don't need the dvd. Thats £150 extra for the dvd, when they're now as cheap as £50. all in one boxes should be cheaper, not more expensive ffs .

Set top dvd recorder for £50. Show me this please

H

Happy Go Lucky

I meant dvd-players now cost as little as £50

Y

yankeedoodle

its about time sony did somthing about the compromised PS2. I like the provisional look of the PSX (NOT the PS3 BTW).

However, i fear that having DVD-R capability its gonna be a pirates dream, as some bright spark will soon be able to play copied PS2 games on it, so maybe that isnt such a good idea?

(BTW thats maybe the reason why the limited edition green Xbox cant read DVD-R or DVD-RW, and also allegedly CR-R/RW, this differs from the 'normal' Xbox. Or maybe its just a different drive unit??)

K

Krazeh

You really do talk a lot of useless nonsense don't ya?

Y

yankeedoodle

Originally posted by Krazeh
You really do talk a lot of useless nonsense don't ya?

hey someone has to! (see sentence above for useful contribution) ;-p

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom