Sony Headphones

Munkey

Can't get enough of FH
A while back, i.e. Summer, I went and bought myself a pair of Sony MDR-EX51LP heaphones, the ones that have that "earbud" thing and block out most of the background noise whilst giving fantastic audio quality. Anyway, whilst an amazing concept, they do collect earwax, thus requiring a bit of cleaning. During one of these cleaning sessions, i must have done something as the left one doesnt work. The outer bit does, but the main sticky up bit doesnt, which i find quite strange. So does anyone who owns a pair of these, and perhaps having experience the problem, know how to fix it?

I've been trying to load http://www.sony-mea.com/customer/scenters.asp for a while to find a nearby service centre (i live in qatar) but it doesnt seem to be loading either.

Hmm, not my day.

Ukle

One of Freddy's beloved
Went through about 3 pairs of them so know a fair bit about them. Great headphones if you want loud music of good quality and no-one else to here your music.

As for your problem they do break easy after all they are very small devices, hence the reason why i have gone through 3 pairs, and they are only £30-40 but used to be worth every penny. Had 1 pair break due to one speaker dying, as yours has, and 2 pairs due to the cord snapping when cord tangled in door etc. All 3 died over a period of 2/3 years. Doubt any sony shop would repair them given that they are so cheap and are so prone to breaking.

Although I got a pair of the MDR-EX71's and they are basically the MDR-EX51LP but get rid of the design faults, i.e. the black plastic coming off, to much bass noise, and a cable extension so that cable wont break if it gets tangled it will just seperate. My advice by a pair of EX-71's bit more expensive at £50 but to remove the small faults of an already great headphones they are worth it.

Munkey

Can't get enough of FH
I do, but it still manages to pick up wax. Think i'll just stick to the cheaper pairs that dont go into the ear from now on

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom