Sonic HD, fanmade edition

Yaka

Part of the furniture
this blog has some nifty info on the fan made remkae/update of sonic the hedghog. with better and cleaner graphics this looks set to be preety damn good

animationcompletefc7ig8.gif

try2dr8bd1.png

GReaper

Part of the furniture
How long will this last until Sega hits down hard on it? Cool project, just a shame as I doubt they'll allow this.

ford prefect

Can't get enough of FH
How long will this last until Sega hits down hard on it? Cool project, just a shame as I doubt they'll allow this.

Yeah sega can be very difficult on projects like this. Several opensource "sonic" related projects have been closed down over the years.

I believe they repeatedly caused problems for the developer of gens (the megadrive/genesis emulator) over the years, luckilky they didn't get anywhere with that one and gens is now more or less perfect.

On the plus side, the SVP chip (similar to the SFX video acceleration chip found on some snes games) was emulated properly for the first time at the beginning of this year, allowing virtua racer to be emulated for the first time. It took so long because no documentation exists on the chip, as saga managed to misplace it. Sega haven't made too much of a fuss about that so far.

MYstIC G

Official Licensed Lump of Coal™ Distributor
Staff member
FH Subscriber
Looks good, but the Super sonic shouldn't have the cheesy grin imho.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom