Songs that will go down in history

Thorwyn

FH is my second home
Have to say, i'm rather disappointed if the thing remembered about AC/DC is Thunderstruck

I agree! "Smoke on the Water" is much more popular!

:D

Golena

Fledgling Freddie
Have to say I think "Stairway to heaven" is the winner so far here.
Even people that don't know the song know of it, so it's going to be around in some form for a long time yet.

Given the music industries joy at recycling stuff these days I actually think that most stuff that gets remembered will be the stuff that's easily coverable by another 20 people. There's nothing that keeps the original about in peoples minds than someone producing a crap cover of it!

I think the biggest contender for an original that's going to stand the test of time has to be Queens bohemian rhapsody tho. All the other songs you can look at and probably name another 20 that are very similar. I can't think of many examples of stuff that can replace that particular song tho.

Aoami

I am a FH squatter
donno if this has been done ?
we all know the beatles and elvis will live forever so lets look at 70's and up

So wich post 1970 songs do you think will still stand as timeless classics in 250years +

in other words wich do you think will be the comming beethovens, the new mozarts, chopin, vivaldi and so on and so forth

I'd say some of the abba songs for sure, and well metallica's nothing els matters f.eks and many more, but before i go spamming links to youtubes lets here your opinoins.

Allas I will leave you with one, and you may not agree, but I'd challenge that that start to the song is so unique that it'll live on for many many years
take f.exp da dada dam, da dada dam.... most only know that bit and the short bit that follows, yet we all know that bit dont we ? it's immortal, so barring that in mind i give you:

YouTube - AC DC Thunderstruck
[youtubevid]-f1cwycSWq0[/youtubevid]

No way. I consider myself a bit of a music buff and i've never even heard that song.

Edit - lol Sharma.

Huntingtons

Resident Freddy
tho's are both great songs, but do you really think tho's will be main stream in 250years ? I'd love it but allas I fear thats wishfull thinking.
how is beethowen or Mozart Mainstream? Dark side of the moon will go down in history and people who will be teaching music of our time will use this album as an example. thats what im thinking at least. since the genre of music has evolved alot since the classical music there is so much more, genrewise, to be taught to the new generation that alot more will have its own spot, bandwise, in that class...

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom