Sometimes a pictures is all it takes...

tierk

Part of the furniture
/cry

i don't get it

:(

It alludes to the suicides that occured the last time the stock markets craashed this badly...

www.slate.com said:
An urban legend about the suicide outbreak seems to have sprung up almost instantaneously. On the day after Black Thursday (The start of the Great Depression) the New York Times reported that many "wild and false" rumors were spreading throughout the country, including claims that 11 speculators had committed suicide and that a crowd had gathered around a Wall Street building because they thought a workman was a speculator preparing to jump. That same day, Will Rogers quipped that "you had to stand in line to get a window to jump out of"; and soon Eddie Cantor was joking that hotel clerks were asking guests if they wanted rooms "for sleeping or jumping."

tierk

Part of the furniture
i love how they clearly spelt fuckers wrong

I would imagine they been told that it would be taken down if they left it written correctly as it would be deemed offensive :D

Sparx

Cheeky Fucknugget
nah, they started writing fucers then went over the e with a k to fix it

kiliarien

Part of the furniture
I would imagine they been told that it would be taken down if they left it written correctly as it would be deemed offensive :D

I have this scene in my head now - a cop comes along and says "You can't have that sign up, it's offensive." To which they reply "but it's only insulting wall street stockbrokers" The cop thinks and smiles "Fair enough, I'll pretend I never walked down this street......"

Ezteq

Queen of OT
It alludes to the suicides that occured the last time the stock markets craashed this badly...

after a quick consultation with my Bf i am now aware that the stock market is currently going down disturbingly. This joke now makes sense to me.

you know the boy in the bubble? he knew more about current affairs than i do.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom