Something wrong with my new computer!

Chosen

Resident Freddy
When I try to load a game like Vampire: The Masquerade Bloodlines. The screen automatically turns itself off. Any idea what it can be? I got the new DirectX 9.0c installed etc, and installed the newest geforce Nvidia drivers, but might it be something wrong with the drivers?

Chosen

Resident Freddy
Can it have something with my 19" screen can't run 1600x ?

confused

Can't get enough of FH
Screen turns itself off or goes blank?

Have you tried with a different monitor, as the default res / refresh rates might be out of range of your monitor.. possibly widescreen monitor?

Otherwise I'm cluless :(

Chosen

Resident Freddy
The screen turns itself off, hmm. Ill try with another screen to check=)

Chosen

Resident Freddy
Tried with a 17" lcd, the same thing happened! And got a message on the LCD screen saying something like "This screen cannot run this video mode" or something.

Nullifidian

Fledgling Freddie
Have you changed the in-game video settings or did it just not work out-of-box? :)

Sounds like a screen res or refresh rate problem.

Chosen

Resident Freddy
Nullifidian said:
Have you changed the in-game video settings or did it just not work out-of-box? :)
It worked at first, the inngame settings was at 800x. Then I switched it to 1600x and it said It said the next time I'd run this game it will take effect! Well, so i quit and ran it again. And the screen goes black. So it might be that my screen cant run 1600x ?

confused

Can't get enough of FH
try with a big old CRT preferably one that runs to 1600x1200

edit: there are only a couple of 19" lcds that run 1600x1200, so thats your problem either need to reinstall the game or find a way witrhout running the game to change the resolution back to native resolution of your monitor. Most probably 1280x1024

edit: miss read your second post too thought you meant your gpu was a x1600xt ;s

Chosen

Resident Freddy
confused said:
try with a big old CRT preferably one that runs to 1600x1200
I am using a old 19" CRT now. It didn't work tho;P

Sparx

Cheeky Fucknugget
your setting your monitor settings to high for that monitor basically.

You will need to change them in the config doc in the game folder, open it up in notebook and find the settings then change them to what you got your monitor set at on windows, should work then

Sparx

Cheeky Fucknugget
if you can find the config you can change without re-installing game save yourself a job

Sparx

Cheeky Fucknugget
i had to do that when i changed setting for C&C Generals too high, worked a treat

Nullifidian

Fledgling Freddie
Chosen said:
So it might be that my screen cant run 1600x ?

Maybe! :p Although more probable that it cant run 1600x at a certain refresh rate.

I seem to remember been able to force refresh rates with Nvidia drivers. Maybe somebody knows more about it than me (on linux :(

Edit: or just re-install the game. ;)

Outlander

Part of the furniture
psu? had trouble a while back cos there just wasnt enough power for me card cap'n! she just canny do it! probably not though but thought id mention it :p

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom