Something needs to be done....

T

the_smurflord

You can stand there and blame IRC blabbers, or spies, or whine that they're overpowered or cheaters, but it's all self-delusion distracting from two simple facts.

Midgard is organised and Albion isn't.

All credit to the mids. All their major guilds are organised into a single alliance, under the leadership of Roo. He's a player with a good tactical sense, and most importantly of all, he's listened to. When he tells a guild to do something, they do it. No bickering, no egos involved. Things get done.

You've all seen the trend. We gather 4 or 5 groups together and take a mid keep. 30 mins later 150-200 mids come to take it back. Why? Because they are working as a REALM not as an alliance. You can sit there and whine all you want about zergs and it being lame (just sound tactics to me). When they come to albion it is in numbers we cannot possibly defend against.

Well why do we fair so poorly against them recently? Is it because we lack the numbers? No. Albion is still the most heavily populated realm, and the number of lvl 50s are very close to those of midgard. It's simply that's there's been too much infighting and history between people and a total lack of communication.

The general attitude of many in the realm is when so and so's keep is under attack is that it's their problem. Many guilds (not all, but a large number) won't lift a finger while their own keep is safe. Many others yet wont even leave emain when a relic raid is happening.

When we do try and organise anything on a large scale it's a fiasco. Minimal preparation, many people not know what their role is, ill-discipline and total lack of cohesion. This all boils down to lack of communication and too many leaders.

I know this has been brought up before, and it's normally lead to the creation of yet another piss-small alliiance that's totaly ineffective. If we can't start working together as a realm, as a tight cohesive unit under strong and decisive leadership, then we might as well pack up and go sit in camelot. We can score a few small victories here and there, but frankly we're getting out butts kicked out there when it comes to the larger issues.

The mids attack and defend as a realm, very quickly.
The albs attack and defend as separate guilds.

Sod skills and abilities, in RvR it's all about the numbers.

K

kalgarn

Originally posted by the_smurflord
All their major guilds are organised into a single alliance, under the leadership of Roo.
eh? o_O
roo is leader of fedaykin alliance,then you have BO alliance,everlast alliance and new era alliance.and most likelly a few smaller ones too.only difference is that they work together when needed.and think zapsi was leading this rr not roo but not 100% sure.

A

Aule Valar

You can stand there and blame IRC blabbers, or spies, or whine that they're overpowered or cheaters, but it's all self-delusion distracting from two simple facts.

All credit to the mids. All their major guilds are organised into a single alliance, under the leadership of Roo. He's a player with a good tactical sense, and most importantly of all, he's listened to. When he tells a guild to do something, they do it. No bickering, no egos involved. Things get done.

Sod skills and abilities, in RvR it's all about the numbers.

i guess that Bad omen, Everlast, Maelstrom, Midget Mafia, Bulle, onslaught etc don't count as majoir guilds then as none of them are in the same alliance as feds (roos nutters :p )

oh and as for the statement that numbers are the only thing that matters, and you wonder why you lose.... :s

edit: curse kalgarn's posting speed

S

shanks

Well why do we fair so poorly against them recently? Is it because we lack the numbers? No. Albion is still the most heavily populated realm, and the number of lvl 50s are very close to those of midgard. It's simply that's there's been too much infighting and history between people and a total lack of communication.

Level 50's
Alb 2,213 (38%)
Hib 1,459 (25%)
Mid 2,137 (37%)

S

SoulFly Amarok

Mid > Alb in PvE
Mid > Alb in PvP

pve meaning exp and item wize...nervers..cracking..

T

the_smurflord

God forbid anyone should actually read what I said and think for a moment instead of just regurgitating the same crap that's been in 100 threads before.

F

Flesh

God forbid anyone should actually read what I said and think for a moment instead of just regurgitating the
You make a thread about the same crap that's been posted before, you'll get the same crap regurgitated in replies. QQ

J

Jonaldo

Originally posted by Flesh
You make a thread about the same crap that's been posted before, you'll get the same crap regurgitated in replies. QQ
I love Alb infighting :cool:

H

hrodelbert

No bickering, no egos involved. Things get done.

The general attitude of many in the realm is when so and so's keep is under attack is that it's their problem. Many guilds (not all, but a large number) won't lift a finger while their own keep is safe. Many others yet wont even leave emain when a relic raid is happening.

When we do try and organise anything on a large scale it's a fiasco. Minimal preparation, many people not know what their role is, ill-discipline and total lack of cohesion. This all boils down to lack of communication and too many leaders.

If we can't start working together as a realm, as a tight cohesive unit under strong and decisive leadership, then we might as well pack up and go sit in camelot.

obsessive amounts of play time + buffbots + radar = many RR10s in 1 guild.

Nothing really to be proud off.
Maybe when they get to R10L10, they'll re-roll and try it again on "medium difficulty".

Because comments like this help to promote realm unity?

I

ilum

To be honest, I can't see what was done wrong in todays Relic defense.

The minute we heard guards were dying to 157 Mids, Albs flooded to Sauvage, Cg was up, and everybody went to defend, no leadership issue.

The only thing that could have stopped it was people in Frontier scouting them. Mids were probably lucky that didnt happen.

C

corranhorn1

Some points made there are valid some are not.

Alliances aint the issue. The 4 guild alliance currently in, imo, is > unity alliance. We dont bicker at each other, we have fun and we help each other. That is why many seperate alliances.

Alliances pull together in needed times, Rharcyn plan showed that when many alliances involved were given tasks of own to do and went about doing it. and to prove that a smaller alliance is no good look at who managed to take keeps and who didnt etc.

There are too many wannabe leaders and not enough people willing to follow. that is true. I admit that i can be pushy and try to get things done at times. I used to leading people about on events etc so i know what needed, i try not to step on other peoples toes thou, there about 5 good leaders spread in various alliances that if work together probably could achieve alot, atm we dont do it enough but give us time. And the only way this will work is if we put ego's behind us, let the designated leaders lead and do as asked even if not like it.

Midgard are organised but i bet that took effort. In time maybe we will get there, lets see what we can do, hell we only just really getting a private forum for all alliances set up for gods sake. We playing catchup but time and effort will fix that. And believe me now that mids got all relics they are working on borrowed time before someone hits them hard even if it is the hibs.

O

old.mattshanes

The point that fucks me off, is why did 3 or so alb relic raids primetime lately get fucked over by some **** on irc?mids didn't

One word from some shithead on irc about a force in frontier on irc, that's the end of a relic raid....

C

cHodAX

Don't con yourselves, we have been going in circles around this issue for almost 2 yeara. I and others made posts over a year ago stating how we could fix things and no one really listens. Too much jealousy and penis envy stops people and guilds from working together, then you have the major problem of leadership. Albs have never found one person they could all unite behind and who actually had 'decent' ideas. Mids have had a few and it shows, when they roll as a realm they are unstoppable and full credit to them for it. Sure Alb has had success with leaders in the short term but once we get a few relics people go back to rolling alts and farming cash/items. Guild PvE hunts are constantly put before relic defence, in the end a smart tactical move by the Mids leaves us without a single relic and 500 Albs QQ 'ing from snowdonia to the shores of avalon.

Till people grow up the cycle will continue, small success followed by crushing defeat. You can't have your cake and eat it, if you want to 'wtfpwn' in RvR then you need to gain an advantage over the enemy and that is what relics give. If you don't work to keep them before long your enemy will crush you.

M

Matriarch

Thats so very true,
1) get 1 or 2 alliances up

2) top 4 leaders, 2 "big" 2 less "big"

3) leave the egos etc or whatever comes inbetween ppl behind you.

4) stop roling alt all the time etc, play more rvr and more often :)

Might be a step or two in right direction? or maybe 4 or whatevah :O

J

Joline

Originally posted by old.mattshanes
The point that fucks me off, is why did 3 or so alb relic raids primetime lately get fucked over by some **** on irc?mids didn't

One word from some shithead on irc about a force in frontier on irc, that's the end of a relic raid....

Mostly cos from what I understand mids relic raids (atleast this one?) was only into attention of a few people... those who needed in raid. In alb guilds don't want to keep their members in the dark but tell every single member... then one tells to someone and that one tells to a friend etcetc.
From what I've seen so far the problem is (as horrible is it might sound) that too much information is shared upon too many people.. and we always stay to wait for the latecomers/lds when raiding (maybe cos it's often been the leaders or their groups coming late/lding :p )

T

the_smurflord

Thank you papacho, at least 1 person's got some sense here.

L

liste

cant say i'm agreeing with much of this.

The bigger an alliance get, there will be more and more people who doesnt get along. this means more bickering, more power struggle, less effectiveness. Several smaller alliances, that go about their business daily, doing what they want to do in game, and then uniting when everyone is needed, is by far the superior setup imo.

Leadership. well, Albion has had alot of successful and well respected leaders in their time. The problem as i see it, is that we have too many people who wants to lead. It took me 10 minutes with insistant spam yesterday, to even get a point across, that we had to appoint a leader, and follow said person's orders. Before that, the cg was literally flooded with people arguing, people giving their opinion on the stradegy (some were good, some were..... less good). Its all about Discipline. EVERYONE should do as follows when joining a Defence CG:

A: Ask someone from their guild/group/alliance/whatever who is defence leader.

B: Refrain from starting the spam imediately; 'whats happening?' 'LFG' 'who's leader?' 'lets all go to DF!' 'anyone got an oilrag for sale?' and so on, does not belong in the cg.

C: Listen. When the appointed raid leader speaks, it will 95% of the time be a strategical order, and should be followed without question. If you do not agree, tell it to your guildleader/guild warlord/whatever, and let that person tell the defence leader in a PM. a leader is human too, and can make a bad judgement like anyone else. Dont spam it in cg though, it will A: generate spam, B: Undermine his leadership, C: stress the leader.

D: Be quick. Dont go AFK and whine when everyone takes off without you. Dont relog to help a friend do a trade in gothwaite. When an order is given, go about doing it, and do it as fast as the game allows. Far too often, a full raid is stopped simply to wait for 4-5 people who couldnt be bothered to keep up (lagging behind is a different matter ofc).

E: Remember, that Realm Defence is NOT about the individual. it's about a shared interest to keep our relics/get them back. Also remember, that realm defence is NOT required to participate in. If someone fancies PvE or Emain zerging instead, its of course unfortunate for the realm, but not something anyone can blame anyone for. Besides, a person who doesnt want to do something, will most certainly only make a pisspoor attempt at doing it anyway.

F: If you are one of the people who usually lead stuff, DONT take it as a personal grudge, that someone else is leading. if you for example arrive late, and someone has already been appointed leader, Follow his word! I refer you to point E: about this as well. It's not about the individual.

G: Stop crying, litterally. OK, our last attempts has been spoiled by various issues (such as spies), it happens. If we try a tactic that doesnt work, try another next time. Dont dwell on the past failures and blame it on other things. the tactic simply just didnt work (there are cases ofc, where sheer bad luck ruins it). Mids just did one hell of a relic raid. Perfectly planned, perfectly lead, and perfectly executed. There's absolutely Nothing we can cry about. Only learn.

H: As raid leader, be willing to take critisicm, and adapt to a situation. If your plan cannot work because circumstances has changed, change your plan accordingly, and make sure that people know excactly what they're supposed to do. If you think the stress is too much for you, or that your plan will not work, dont take charge. let someone else do it. There's just as much pride and glory in executing an order to the letter and succeeding, as there is in leading, when it comes to realm defence. We're all in it together.

I realise that alot of this is hard to do. But as i see it, these are only the first few steps to building a proper realm defence. Being the traditionally overpopulated realm, has somehow lulled us to sleep. We've grown accustomed to being 3on1 in most situations, and thus not been required to be seriously organized. Times have changed.

H

hrodelbert

The thing that makes me laugh is that the blame always seems to be shifted to albion's "rp whores" for there not being a united albion etc, when actually it's as much the bias on the behalf of the people that complain about them that stops any serious alliance working.

C

chimaira

Agree with Thread starter.

Tho mid is still fucking overpowered :m00:

H

hrodelbert

yeah in response to what liste has said, me and him have , on several occasions thought about joining our guild in an alliance, but i just had to remind him bedfellows don't make good alliance mates :p
/spanks liste

F

fayle

Don't listen to Liste Albs, she's messing with your mind .
Absolutely nothing wrong with 4-5 leaders on a RR or with people going afk during one.

A

Addlcove

Originally posted by hrodelbert
The thing that makes me laugh is that the blame always seems to be shifted to albion's "rp whores" for there not being a united albion etc, when actually it's as much the bias on the behalf of the people that complain about them that stops any serious alliance working.

second that!

I´ve had nothing but excellent coopertaion during the organisation of my RR a few weeks back from all the "rp whores" as people call them, in my opinion the opinionated "pve whores" is FAR worse that the RvR guilds

H

hrodelbert

Originally posted by fayle
Don't listen to Liste Albs, she's messing with your mind .

"she" , hahahhahaa it's funny coz it's true :p

L

lemminkainen73

Agreement

Greetings,
Liste posted excellent guidelines, i agree that totally. Disipline among troops and raid planning is key to victory.

Been around in Albion/Prydwen from the start of server, war has changed it tides many times before, we have got relics and lost them, this is not end of war, this is beginning, new wave starting.

Disintegrated realm needs to loose its relics - bunch in the face - to wakeup - in order to get back on feet and again and start co-operating between alliances. We will gather armies that will take the relics back, wilthy mids can can count on that, its promise.

All you people out there who now have lost their faith, to defend and march among albion/prydwen ranks, dont loose your hope, dont leave like punch of cowards when first obstacles come in your way... fight back with dicipline and devotion. Cause if you start running the fight and troubles, you will be running forever.

S

Scunner

There are plenty of capable leaders and alliances its not all doom and gloom and on there day they work very well.

Mid planned and execued their RR in style its nota shambles by albs that lost the relic.

Everyone looks to another realm where its better and "organised". Mids worked really hard at that its not gonna happen overnight in alb it would take an awful lot of work.

Yes alb does need to pull together and have more good days but much of what uve said is case of the grass is always greener on the other side.

I bet half this doom and gloom of alb would dissapear if alb got 3 relics back.

The points liste made were good and if you want to achieve organisation its not gonna work by merging alliances; people play how they want to they can still work together.

A designated source of contact and comand chain for each alliance would bea useful start though.

K

kalgarn

Originally posted by Joline
Mostly cos from what I understand mids relic raids (atleast this one?) was only into attention of a few people... those who needed in raid.
i doubt it was that big a secret,i haven't played in 2 weeks and i knew it almost a week :eek6:

A

Aule Valar

Originally posted by Addlcove
second that!

I´ve had nothing but excellent coopertaion during the organisation of my RR a few weeks back from all the "rp whores" as people call them, in my opinion the opinionated "pve whores" is FAR worse that the RvR guilds

i'll agree with you there, same in mid too

A

Ardrias_Mid

Maybe because it was on our guildforum Kalgarn? :p
Even such spies as me could read it :eek:

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom