Something made me sick today

knighthood

Fledgling Freddie
Manufactured bands... from wanky shows... like pop idol and fame acedemy...

Theres a new one they r called G4

And they just slaughtered a song by RADIOHEAD called CREEP..

A few years ago one of my cheated on me with my girlfriend... i was angry..very angry, we fought, we hated each other, we still do.. i thought id never feel more hatred toward someone and wish death apon them with true meaning..

But today after hearing the utter destruction of one of my most liked songs by that Group.. i felt a new kind of hatred and Anger i had never felt before.. A bit like the cover of Bohemian Rhapsody i also heard recently...

Some people deserve to die... probably simon cowell for creating them, dunno if he did , i aint gonna research into it :p gaaaaaaaaaaah

Anyone else think of any C***S that have buthered songs over the years feel free to post your anger here with me.

On the other side of the coin the only song i can think of that the cover is better than the original is Alien Ant Farms version of Michael Jacksons , SMOOTH CRIMINAL , but there might be more ^^

Earl

Fledgling Freddie
G4 are a great group, have great talents and make great music. Their cover of Bohemian Rhapsody is on par with the original imo as is Creep. The Life on Mars cover is BETTER than Mr.Bowies

To wish them to die because YOU don't like a song they have produced is quite sad. Also, your assumption of Simon Cowell is wrong as they are on contract with Sony.

Furthermore, how are they manufactured? They already existed, they created themselves, being on Xfactor let them be known to the world and get the attention of the music industry, thats hardly manufactured.

If you don't like it don't listen to it, but certainly don't wish people to die :(

haarewin

Fledgling Freddie
Earl said:
G4 are a great group, have great talents and make great music. Their cover of Bohemian Rhapsody is on par with the original imo as is Creep. The Life on Mars cover is BETTER than Mr.Bowies

To wish them to die because YOU don't like a song they have produced is quite sad. Also, your assumption of Simon Cowell is wrong as they are on contract with Sony.

Furthermore, how are they manufactured? They already existed, they created themselves, being on Xfactor let them be known to the world and get the attention of the music industry, thats hardly manufactured.

If you don't like it don't listen to it, but certainly don't wish people to die :(

i hope you aren't sincere.
G4 truly are awful, but i'll agree that they are not manufactured.

Garnet

Fledgling Freddie
G4 have fucked up one of the best classic songs of all time imo. Wankers imo, they should go back to orera singing and yes im drunk but I feel the hate! :( Nerf you CDUK ;9

Queen > G4

Ezteq

Queen of OT
weeeeell tbh theyre not the best but hay at least THEY are doing something origional, i mean how many of you are sick of seeing people (girls and boys) all dressing alike, sounding alike and dancing alike (i.e britteny and that christina girl, though to be fair christinas "beautiful" was great) it does make a refreshing change to see a band who arnt the same as every other wannabe out there.

referring to your comment on cover songs you dont often get good ones but a couple i can think of are..
Ray Charles = doing the beatles elinor rigsby (even john lennon said this was better than their version)

Ryan Adams = wonderwall, he did a cover that was so different to the origional you cant realy comapre them but i personally prefer the adams version

alien ant farm = as mentioned doing the smooth criminal, was like 80% better imo

and i LOVED limp bizkits version of george michaels Faith, was sooo cool.

the thing that pisses me off is the total lack of unorigionality most singers/songs have today, i heard an ad on tv for a new compilation album and when they did a teaser for the songs on it they all sounded exactly the same. So where as some people might not lie G4 and how they perform, i gotta say well done to them for being brave enough to go out and do something different, not dance like michael jackson (unlike britteny, christina, justin timberwossname and many more) and not being sculptured! (lets face it the G4 boys all look like regular guys youd see in a pub (ok 1 or 2 of them look like you might see them in the sort of pub where strawberry daquary is the top drink) and besides... one of them lives next door to me bf's nanna and you just CANT be pretentious if you live in bognor!

Job

The Carl Pilkington of Freddyshouse
Ha you eeediots

Radiohead's 'creep' was a cover itself.

It was originally written and sung by the Mahungachunga tribe from the pineapple islands in 1876.

Boy were they pissed off.

Fana

Fledgling Freddie
Its very true that there is very little original music beeing done today :/ Most of the stuff they play on the radio or show on tv is crap and more crap, with lyrics and beats that are made according to a "winning" recipe. They could probably write a computer program to make the songs for most of the big artists (maybe they already do).

Job

The Carl Pilkington of Freddyshouse
I often ponder these things.

How long will it be you think before every song ever written , every melody , every tune has been done before in exactly the same way, I mean it HAS to happen someday.

I do believe we are'nt that far off allready, that's why so many modern cRAP songs sample 80'/90's tunes, no-one can think of anything new.

Guess changing languages would help, and throwing away old tunes.

Probably in the future you'll have a computer that listens to the track and goes
duuh-uuhhm... been done in 2456, was number 1 for 5 mins.

Aoami

I am a FH squatter
Radiohead murdered Creep. That's songs an embarresment to their collection.

Rookiescot

Fledgling Freddie
Cant wait for the day when G4 do a cover of a Slipknot song.

Should be a right good laugh :)

Aragyn

Fledgling Freddie
Tell me this, what bands within the pop genre arnt manufactured today? :p Take Linkin Park or Evanesence (sp) for example. Most people didnt want the old "pop", so they made a new genre, pop-soft-metall. Very, very many of the bands in the popular music culture today are manufatured imo. Never heard of G4 though, but using one letter and one number in the band name gives me shivers.

Thats what i think though ;) Without hearing their songs....

Roadie

Fledgling Freddie
Sasicly 99.99% of any self styled pop music is awfull imo.

Anything that concentrates more on marketing than the product is destined to be bad :<

Gamah said:
I hate pop music in general and never listen to the radio.

smart man!

Roadie said:
Sasicly 99.99% of any self styled pop music is awfull imo.

Anything that concentrates more on marketing than the product is destined to be bad :<

another smart man.. but id say 100%!

Huntingtons

Resident Freddy
Job said:
I often ponder these things.

How long will it be you think before every song ever written , every melody , every tune has been done before in exactly the same way, I mean it HAS to happen someday.

I do believe we are'nt that far off allready, that's why so many modern cRAP songs sample 80'/90's tunes, no-one can think of anything new.

Guess changing languages would help, and throwing away old tunes.

Probably in the future you'll have a computer that listens to the track and goes
duuh-uuhhm... been done in 2456, was number 1 for 5 mins.

i'd be frank to say it wont happen, look at the scenes (and music is made in every language) jazz keeps evolving, rock keeps evolving, eletronic is getting alot more focused imo, only thing that's going backwards is hip-hop, this new trip they have is making me sick ;/ a shame to see who dr. dre is working for nowadays.

anyway - what's doing the original in making covers of good songs, unless you offer something new to it? mr. bungle for example, made great covers :eek:
(and i really do not belive they made suscessful cover of any Bowie song o_O)

/edit

Pop isn't excatly evolving either ;>

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom