Something good for your iPod.

caLLous

I am a FH squatter
FH Subscriber
Hah, reading the topic I have to say I was thinking along the lines of "anything that would smash it into little bits". :(

Laddey

FH is my second home
So what exactly is the problem with iPods and Apple? Everybody slags them off but I don't see a problem with them.

Helme

Resident Freddy
Hah, reading the topic I have to say I was thinking along the lines of "anything that would smash it into little bits". :(
I was thinking along the same lines, though I've got nothing against Apple really. If people want to spend more money for a logo it's not my problem.

Sparx

Cheeky Fucknugget
My ipod has lasted longer than any other mp3 player ive ever had. That alone will make me continue to buy ipods

Fafnir

Resident Freddy
So what exactly is the problem with iPods and Apple? Everybody slags them off but I don't see a problem with them.
Cause its overpriced junk. And how some Apple followers are seeing Mr Jobs as the 2nd comming of Christ.

Everz

FH is my second home
But can't knock that it is a decent bit of kit at times and I've had 4 now and all of them are still in a working condition.

Fafnir

Resident Freddy
But can't knock that it is a decent bit of kit at times and I've had 4 now and all of them are still in a working condition.
Well my dads Ericsson phone the size of a briefcase is still in working condition, dont see this kind ofcult maniacs following Ericsson... And tbh all my cellphones are in working order, got about 10 at home, the only phone ive had to return was an iphone, cracked the front when i dropped a pen on it, 2nd on the mic didnt work, 3rd one the battery connector broke off when i pulled the cable out, 4th i swapped to an Ericsson phone.

Sparx

Cheeky Fucknugget
i'll never go Ericsson agan after the shambles of the K850i

k850i-.jpg

I went through 4 in 3 months

throdgrain

FH is my second home
My ipod has lasted longer than any other mp3 player ive ever had. That alone will make me continue to buy ipods

Indeed, I've had mine for 4 years its been used constantly - plugged into the car radio - in all weathers and temperatures. I like it.

ford prefect

Can't get enough of FH
Cause its overpriced junk. And how some Apple followers are seeing Mr Jobs as the 2nd comming of Christ.

There is nothing overpriced about it. Apple simply make quality products and as such they cost a bit more. My car iPod is around seven years old now and works as well as the day I bought it. at the end of the day, you get what you pay for.

Fafnir

Resident Freddy
There is nothing overpriced about it. Apple simply make quality products and as such they cost a bit more. My car iPod is around seven years old now and works as well as the day I bought it. at the end of the day, you get what you pay for.
Remove the emblem and anything that identifies it as an Apple product and it would be cheaper. Same with all brand products, remove the brand and it looses alot of value.

Lamp

Gold Star Holder!!
What was the antenna prob with the i4? It would only work as a phone if you bought a rubber thing to attach to it? Hope they sort that out in time for the i5. Dual core. Better screen. Sounds good...but...I do like the 7 Android home screens & widgets...

ford prefect

Can't get enough of FH
Remove the emblem and anything that identifies it as an Apple product and it would be cheaper. Same with all brand products, remove the brand and it looses alot of value.

How so? Look at a PowerBook for example: It has a milled aluminium case milled so finely that the LED's shine through it. It has one of the best keyboards on the market and one of the better screens too. They build quality products and charge accordingly.

As for the branding, that is true of all brands - Sony, Dell and HP ect.

Fafnir

Resident Freddy
How so? Look at a PowerBook for example: It has a milled aluminium case milled so finely that the LED's shine through it. It has one of the best keyboards on the market and one of the better screens too. They build quality products and charge accordingly.

As for the branding, that is true of all brands - Sony, Dell and HP ect.
Yes but Apple is still overpriced crap, just like sony, dell and hp. Well my last Dell was kinda cheap since they gave me 400 euro discount and double ram for some odd reason i still cant understand, but that was my 3rd Dell. Now i have a small company build my comps and they work flawless and same comp from a "brand" would cost 200-500 Euro more.

Can add bought the LG optimus x2 for 440 Euro, the iphone 4 goes for 599 euro at same store, still my mates is envious of my phone. And got a 32GB Micro sd card included in the price.

Ch3tan

I aer teh win!!
Sorry Faf, you can argue some apple products are cheaply made tosh, but not their laptops. You pay a premium for apple laptops because they are simply the most well built, attractive kit available. Only Lenovo matches them for build quality and components, and only Sony and Tosh for sexyness.

cHodAX

I am a FH squatter

Sorry but from a hardware standpoint they use the same tech as everyone else, just put it in well designed case with a nice software frontend and sell it for twice the price. That is how they have always operated, right back to the orginal Macintosh.

cHodAX

I am a FH squatter
Sorry Faf, you can argue some apple products are cheaply made tosh, but not their laptops. You pay a premium for apple laptops because they are simply the most well built, attractive kit available. Only Lenovo matches them for build quality and components, and only Sony and Tosh for sexyness.

The uni-body chassis are superb, I cannot fault them for those brilliant designs. The expensive stuff (the components) is what is inside though and they are always a half a generation behind PC in pure tech terms, especially on the graphics side. You can find a PC laptop to match a Mac laptop EXACTLY with regards to performance and the PC laptop will always be 40-60% cheaper.

Scouse

Giant Thundercunt
FH Subscriber
The uni-body chassis are superb, I cannot fault them for those brilliant designs. The expensive stuff (the components) is what is inside though and they are always a half a generation behind PC in pure tech terms, especially on the graphics side. You can find a PC laptop to match a Mac laptop EXACTLY with regards to performance and the PC laptop will always be 40-60% cheaper.

This.

I post that word a lot nowadays. I think it's because I cba coming up with my own stuff any more :(

Ch3tan

I aer teh win!!

It's not the performance and age of the tech I was posting about, it's the quality of the components, that increase the life of it.

cHodAX

I am a FH squatter
It's not the performance and age of the tech I was posting about, it's the quality of the components, that increase the life of it.

Pardon? Quality of components? Nearly all the premium PC laptop makers actually make thier own motherboards and use the highest quality Japanese capacitors. Apple use motherboards made for them by Foxconn with cheap chinese labour, Foxconn do not use the best quality capacitors because they have to work to a peice price laid down by Apple. All the silicon chips on the boards come from the same sources, be that MAC or PC you will find the chips are all made Chartered/Intel/AMD-GF/UMC etc..

Sorry mate but that arguement just doesn't hold water, I work with this hardware for a living and NOTHING inside the Apple laptop is any better quality than that you will find inside a PC laptop coming from a premium brand. Infact in some cases the Apple will be lower quality, Foxconn pump out tens of millions of cheap motherboards every year, DELL and other premium PC brands make thier own to enterprise quality levels.

Again, this all market perception and people are brainwashed by it, they see the Apple brand as a sign of premium quality when infact the hardware is the same as most others are selling, there is nothing exceptional about it. Just ask all those people who ended up with faulty iPhones, Cinema Display screens that shifted to a yellow hue after a period of use and Apple took a year to acknowledge. If any of you think Apple are giving you something extra for your money you are very much mistaken, they are selling you the brand and it is aspirational but that is all it is.

Billargh

I am a FH squatter
Had my nano for over 4 years and haven't had a single problem with it, it was only slightly more expensive than an equivalent Zen at the time.

Apple headphones on the other hand, what an absolute pile of steaming horse shit.

Sparx

Cheeky Fucknugget

I have a lenovo and have to say ive never had a laptop as good as it. My old lenovo lasted 3 years and never crashed once, i have a newer one now, upgraded cause it was free and its a beast

I'll never buy a cheap laptop again

ford prefect

Can't get enough of FH

You see this is an arguement I have never really understood. You are comparing apples and oranges.

Looking at the specs - I recently bought a Macbook Pro for my partner - it has a quad core i7 2.2ghz processor, 8gb DDR3 SDRAM - 1333 MHz, a 750gb hdd, DVD/RW and a AMD Radeon HD 6750M video card. It has a seven to ten hour battery life and fully charges in around 45 minutes. It is a mobile office essentially and it is excellent at what it does and it cost a tad over a grand.

Macs are designed first and foremost to run Mac OS, that is always their design brief. Regardless of what you think about the "Jobs" way of doing things, Mac OS boots faster, is far far more resource efficent and actually for a lot of functionality (time machine, Iphoto, file vault and screen sharing to name a few) it is actually much better than windows or the third party products you would need to use to emulate them. It doesn't need the same system specs to get similar performance and obviously doing a direct comparison is pointless. What I would say is that I have had to resinstall mac OS once in 20 years of using it; I wish I could say the same for my PC's.

I don't have a problem with windows machines, god knows I have built enough of them and I have four in the house at the moment, but from a design and usability standpoint for the every day stuff, I prefer Mac - personally I feel they have among the best displays on the market and trust me when I say the keyboard is a joy to use when you have to put together or edit a 200+ page document ect.

Macs are not perfect - I would never say they are (for example, you won't find a mac with blu-ray support Mac OS doesn't support it, nor are they easily upgradeable, they aren't designed to be), but at the end of the day it is the perfect tool for the job it does. When you install Windows 7 on them with boot camp, they are admittedly decidedly average.

I've been called a fanboi and a load of other crap on here before, but frankly I just like using tools that make my life easier and less stressful, if that makes me a fanboi, so be it.

Fafnir

Resident Freddy
So got my hands on a ipad2 this week end, what utter rubish. copied over 200 pictures, 2 movies, and a book, my phone took about 5 min, the ipad took about 15 min, and opening the movies where slower than my phone. And what a battery hog the Ipad is. and its slow to charge up.

Bah humbug, synkronise, optimise, copy, ohh and had to install that crappy itunes to get the pad to work with computer. Ohh and set up an account...

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom