Something curious...

Saggy

Can't get enough of FH
Eroda said:
Well wizard has no utility at all really so damage is all it does, id rather be an eld or runie any day.
Body Sorc's resist debuffs should be moved to Wizzie's Earth-line, imo :p That would ungimp the Earth Wizzies (self-debuffing spec bolt, spec DoT, spec AE-nuke, GTAE and two sort of base DDs :p) and make Wizzies overall more fun to play. Sure, that would give Albs second self-debuffer but I think its reasoned enough - all Hib casters (Chanter, Eldie and Menta, not counting Animist :p) have base heat DD, all Mid casters (SM, RM and BD) have base cold DD whereas Albs are split in two (not counting Necro :p), body (Sorc and Cabby with their LT) and cold (Theurgist and Wizard).

...or maybe that wasn't that good idea afterall :p

remi

Fledgling Freddie
wizzy is fine, bolt on wizard is the fun, especially now in NF + no spec af to deal with = the dmg

haarewin

Fledgling Freddie
remi said:
hibs get banshee, 223dd at 2.6spd~~~~~~~~

bainshee's only base spell - other than shields (dont really count?) - is gonna kill everyone! omgnerf etc.

regurgitating whine from the vnboards is cool.

remi

Fledgling Freddie
haarewin said:
bainshee's only base spell - other than shields (dont really count?) - is gonna kill everyone! omgnerf etc.

regurgitating whine from the vnboards is cool.

and then?

its best dd ingame~

and im fucking replying to the threadstarter, who gives a fuck about vnboards newbies?

Sycho

Can't get enough of FH
remi said:
and then?

its best dd ingame~

and im fucking replying to the threadstarter, who gives a fuck about vnboards newbies?

Yep takes the damn piss wizard/runie has to spec many points to get a less powerful DD than a banshee aswell as slower cast time spell also more mana consuming -_-

Equendil

Fledgling Freddie
Helstrom said:
Also Andrilyn, stun is not -that- uber at keeps you know it fairly well, you can just lag strafe it off into keep like most high rr peeps do when defending a keep from hibs. :twak:

I can't understand how anyone would think stun is not uber at keeps. Would like to see how all the luris and elves would fare if they were systematically stun/nuked the second they popped into view to cast something instead of being able to just strafe out of view when they're hit by something.

Xeanor

Fledgling Freddie
remi said:
and then?

its best dd ingame~

Lo m8 how r u today m8y?

remi

Fledgling Freddie
Xeanor said:
yes m8

had your daily councilling today aswell as brain scans?

yea, soo i have slight headache, so cba with newbies like you xD

Falukropp

Fledgling Freddie
I usually have no problems at all killing ppl defending keeps. And thats without stun. It's just the experienced/fast reacting players that survives.
With stun I'd have a 99% kill ratio on everything that showed up.

haarewin

Fledgling Freddie
remi said:
and then?

its best dd ingame~

your whining about Hib having a char that 'we' dont have yet on EU and will most likely be nerfed by the time we do get it.

current delves
Bainshee - 48 2.6s 223DD Body 24pow (Baseline Spectral Force)
Wizard - 47 2.8s 219DD Heat 30pow (Specline Pyromancy)
Runemaster - 47 2.8s 219DD Cold 30pow (Specline Runes of Darkness)

first off, its baseline of what is a mostly unnapealing specline (CAE Damage, CAE Bolt, CAE Root, 2300 range taunt and an ablative buff). bare in mind that this is the Bainshee's only single target damage spell, giving them a low delve would render it useless.
with toa overcapped dexterity, 10% cast speed, capped buffs and Aug Dex, the bainshee will cast it just as fast as Runemasters and Wizards are casting their 2.8s spells. with a bainshee turning into this easy-to-spot thing (cant be hidden by artifacts), you'll know exactly what to target when it even begins to cast.
and before someone points out that +skill can reduce the variance of it, i know that, but without a body debuffer (void eld? what?), its still going to vary a lot. so unless people roll bainshee gank groups with 3 bainshees and a debuffer (very unlikely, considering how pve unfriendly bainshees are, and pve is required to rvr thanks to toa), i cant see how this 1 spell is going to effect everything.

remi

Fledgling Freddie
haarewin said:
your whining about Hib having a char that 'we' dont have yet on EU and will most likely be nerfed by the time we do get it.

current delves
Bainshee - 48 2.6s 223DD Body 24pow (Baseline Spectral Force)
Wizard - 47 2.8s 219DD Heat 30pow (Specline Pyromancy)
Runemaster - 47 2.8s 219DD Cold 30pow (Specline Runes of Darkness)

first off, its baseline of what is a mostly unnapealing specline (CAE Damage, CAE Bolt, CAE Root, 2300 range taunt and an ablative buff). bare in mind that this is the Bainshee's only single target damage spell, giving them a low delve would render it useless.
with toa overcapped dexterity, 10% cast speed, capped buffs and Aug Dex, the bainshee will cast it just as fast as Runemasters and Wizards are casting their 2.8s spells. with a bainshee turning into this easy-to-spot thing (cant be hidden by artifacts), you'll know exactly what to target when it even begins to cast.
and before someone points out that +skill can reduce the variance of it, i know that, but without a body debuffer (void eld? what?), its still going to vary a lot. so unless people roll bainshee gank groups with 3 bainshees and a debuffer (very unlikely, considering how pve unfriendly bainshees are, and pve is required to rvr thanks to toa), i cant see how this 1 spell is going to effect everything.

like i said, im replying too threadstarter who whined about not having a 219dd in realm~

threadstarter said: why do hib lack a 219dd?

my question is, why do mid/alb lack a 223dd at 2.6pd?

Maeloch

Part of the furniture
haarewin said:
so unless people roll bainshee gank groups with 3 bainshees and a debuffer (very unlikely, considering how pve unfriendly bainshees are, and pve is required to rvr thanks to toa)

Dunno, 3 banshee's stacking all that aoe stuff (including aoe bolts) with a VP vold eldie could be fun ala team wizzy :).

Mael, 50th ment.

haarewin

Fledgling Freddie
remi said:
my question is, why do mid/alb lack a 223dd at 2.6pd?

the exact same reason that hib/alb will lack a 413dmg bolt. the new classes need to appear overpowered before they get nerfed/'toned down', its mythics marketing ploy.

Straef

Can't get enough of FH
Helstrom said:
Where's hib's silly range pets? :< Plus albs get it like mids, on their main support ;l

Give elds aoe stun on mana spec? :> :clap:
Eldritches are main support? xD

Helstrom

Fledgling Freddie
lol straef ;)

Well Malev of course you intend to move but still, not that hard to two/three shot someone as a high rr caster and move out of sight while you're getting stunned. Stun is still good but still ;o

Also Remi, Im not so sure, but I've heard that DD has a shorter range than regular dd's? might be wrong, but I'd check it out.

Andrilyn

Can't get enough of FH
Helstrom said:
not that hard to two/three shot someone as a high rr caster and move out of sight while you're getting stunned.

I really am wondering how you can move out of sight when stunned...
Unless your walking and lag and then get stunned so you "fly" away, but generally speaking in keep fights if you want to 2 or 3 shot people like you say you need to stand still so you can't "lag" out of view.
But then again I guess if your playing Hib base stun isn't overpowered same with AE stun when your playing Mid and bolt range mez when your playing Alb.
Not that I think it's horrible overpowered though, compared to (singletarget)root and (singletarget)mez it's surely number 1 in my book.

Sun_Tzu

Fledgling Freddie
To get back to the original question, its the same reason why mid and hib don't currently get a 331 bolt like alb does - reason being that the fire wiz bolt is at 50 spec while the RM and voidy bolts are at 47 and 46, respectively.

Its also why alb and hib get 325 delve PBAEs at 48 spec but mid gets a 331 delve at 49 spec.

Its all in specialization, not in weird baseline-stun balance and all that.

K?

willowywicca

Fledgling Freddie
Helstrom said:
Well Malev of course you intend to move but still, not that hard to two/three shot someone as a high rr caster and move out of sight while you're getting stunned. Stun is still good but still ;o

Erm, didn't know stun took 2-3times as long to cast as a DD.. if the stunner is paying attention you'll get 1 nuke off, 2 at very best before stunned and deaded.

haarewin

Fledgling Freddie
Helstrom said:
Also Remi, Im not so sure, but I've heard that DD has a shorter range than regular dd's? might be wrong, but I'd check it out.

no, its a 1500 range one.

Helstrom

Fledgling Freddie
Well even when you dont nuke, you can still lag strafe at keeps on windows, I've seen you do it, seen pbuck do it, done it myself against mezz, etc, if you stand on window, cast a spell and move out the odds are that you will be stunned or mezzed but stay out of sight. Slightly wah :<

We were talking about nukes anyways, not stun :p

willowywicca

Fledgling Freddie
Helstrom said:
Well even when you dont nuke, you can still lag strafe at keeps on windows, I've seen you do it, seen pbuck do it, done it myself against mezz, etc, if you stand on window, cast a spell and move out the odds are that you will be stunned or mezzed but stay out of sight. Slightly wah :<

We were talking about nukes anyways, not stun :p

Yes you can get off one cast and move before a stun will land on you (probably resulting in you getting stunned but out of view of the stunner so he can't nuke you). One cast however is going to achieve very little :p

If you try to cast 2-3 times (ie if you want to even come close to killing something) you leave yourself open to being stunned in plain view, and you cannot strafe then, and you will most likely die.

You claimed people can cast 2-3 times and then strafe away from any stuns, which is just plain wrong :p

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom