Some Unfinished Business

Status
Not open for further replies.
P

Pin

Originally posted by Killgorde
Err...Derby

/em starts locking his doors and windows against an infil incursion :)

nevermind then. I'm from the other (nicer) end ;)

K

Killgorde

Originally posted by Pin
nevermind then. I'm from the other (nicer) end ;)

Ferret and flat cap country? ;) Aye, tis far nicer up north in the Peak District but a bugger to get anywhere (London) quickly.

Originally posted by Khalen
I miss you KG :(

Miss you guys too, big time - especially that cantankerous old git Herbal and his "natural charm" (behind the facade he's a kitten, believe me ;)). I don't miss the PM deluge though, I will confess. For better or worse Eve offers everything I ever wanted out of a game and more besides (I think Poon knows where I'm coming from), and it doesnt dominate RL like DaoC due to the format of progression (no bashing 20 gazillion mobs to pop 50 etc).

M

mirak_naijmi

Have thee ever seen a thread kept serious on thee BW forums...

+1 last word. Pwned

P

parlain

Re: Re: Re: Some Unfinished Business

Touche..although I think a case or two would be more appropriate ;)

Live far from Derbyshire?

/Salutes

Supposed to be London Based but then in the last 3 months they've shunted me off to work in Chicago, Madrid, Nice, Birmingham and Edinburgh...

Oh and Halifax :D

Still if you ever down in London shoot me a mail and we can go for a drink and resist the urge to bash you with a handy bar tray/shield ( old habits die hard ;) )

N

Novamir

omfg.. an awful lot of people need stabbing in the face here. shut the fuck up with the IBTL wankyness.

i was going to flame KGs needlessly decorative language which doesnt do him any favours.. but then i realised that nobody cares.

A

Archeon

Originally posted by Novamir
omfg.. an awful lot of people need stabbing in the face here. shut the fuck up with the IBTL wankyness.

Tell me what it means and i'l happily shut up.

N

Novamir

In Before The Lock

its a VNboards spawned monstrosity which is infecting BW =(

K

Khalen

In Before The Lock

its a VNboards spawned monstrosity which is infecting BW =(

And you just followed the zerg ;)

C

cougar-

i was going to flame KGs needlessly decorative language which doesnt do him any favours.. but then i realised that nobody cares.

Probably took KG 3 months of hard Encyclopædia Britannica studies to finish that post.

K

Killgorde

i was going to flame KGs needlessly decorative language .

Unlike yourself Nova, a semi-literate student pissing away his student grant every Friday night on cheap cider and with zero intellectual wit (judging from everything you post), I do not consider my use of the English language "decorative." Belomar stands head and shoulders above everyone else in that respect and is brilliant with it. I do however have a vocabulary and an understanding of the English language that enables me to dispense with the bullshit and put my point across accurately without spending hours thumbing through some dictionary first to find the words - and I didnt major in English at Oxford before you ask. I suggest you get back to your studies and get an "Edyukashion" of some sort so you can stop being a burden on the tax payer old chap - you never know...you may grow up while you are at it :)

And Cougar, WTF has the EB (never read it, btw) got to do with what style (or lack of it - each to their own) someone writes in? Jesus wept, don't show your ignorance so publicly - it does you no favours ;)

edit: Never needed EB in years anyway:

Ah, the joys of BW and the social diversity of its inhabitants :)

edit: Never needed EB in years anyway

I

iguk

oops /wave too KG:) is EVE any fun? Please give some feeback on it:) Since ure an old JG'er you can compare those 2:)

K

Killgorde

Hmm...comparing Eve to JG? Don't know if its fair.

Graphics: Eve makes the early SW films look dated not in FMV format but when you are actually playing.

Scale: Imagine 5000 JG systems with multiple (and not just 2 or 3) stations/celestial objects etc.

Depth: No game currently on the market or even in production comes close. In that sense it's a bit too demanding for the casual gamer who wants a quick fix (Emain) as soon as he logs in.

Playability: Learning curve is steep to begin with unless you spend time OOG studying all the info on it. A critisism from new starters is that all you can do is mine - you can actually trade, research, manufacture, hunt npc pirates (or convoys), run drugs, and of course PvP (a bit risky on your skills until advanced cloning is introduced) after a few hours IF you have an idea how those things work. No skill pack yet for prostitution but thats about all that's missing; no idea if there are plans to rectify that ;)

Levelling: No mob bashing (except for faction increase and equipment drops (which are plentiful enough to be a nuisance). Skills needed to fly better ships/use better equipment/train faster/manufacture and research faster add infinitum (someone worked out it would take 17 years to max all skills in Eve) are trained in real time - so you train at the same rate whether you are in game or not - handy for holidays/pub crawls/work etc. Powerlevelling is a non-starter.

PvP Combat (the biggie): The one thing I miss from JG and Tachyon was the "seat of your pants" joystick flying. Problem is, Eve has so many combat options it would be unworkable, so its point and click. We are talking guns/missiles/anti-missile missiles/ECM/ECCM/Warp and Impulse Drive disruption/Shield & Power Transfer arrays/Power theft devices/Drones...the list is virtually endless. A good thing though is that unlike JG you can fly any race's ships and use any equipment if you put the training time in on the prerequisite skill...so the balancing issue that dogged JG (and still dogs Daoc - although thats more to do with Mythic keeping peeps interested in their chars with a carrot of love and the occasional nerf stick from what I see) doesnt apply. You have the same opportunity as everyone else to do what you wish - you get wasted by someone more clued up tactically or with a better load out on his ship and you only have yourself to blame.

Spend half an hour at www.tti-nexus.com to gain some idea of the equipment/ship/station/materials/bonuses etc that are or will be available.

All in all CCP got right so many things that NetDevil failed with, but probably released the game a couple of months too early due to marketing pressure.

Eve v JG? Dogfighting aside try LOTR v Noddy gets off with Big Ears (sorry NetDevil ;))

I

iguk

erhm nerf:( sounds good but cant play em all:( but still think i might need to buy eve tho.... and igli will be reborn again:D

C

cougar-

And Cougar, WTF has the EB (never read it, btw) got to do with what style (or lack of it - each to their own) someone writes in? Jesus wept, don't show your ignorance so publicly - it does you no favours ;)

Ah, the joys of BW and the social diversity of its inhabitants :)

Ofcourse to help you find rarely used synonyms for common words and that (you think) make you look sharp and more sophisticated.

N

Novamir

Are you the example of a "grown up" Killgorde? I certainly hope I don't turn into a pompous, acrimonious has-been. I haven't got a student grant - altough I could have. I took a gap year to work in a PC store and earn money for my degree. You are paying for me to become a doctor, possibly a good investment of your hard earned cash don't you agree?

A

Arnor

Are you the example of a "grown up" Killgorde? I certainly hope I don't turn into a pompous, acrimonious has-been. I haven't got a student grant - altough I could have. I took a gap year to work in a PC store and earn money for my degree. You are paying for me to become a doctor, possibly a good investment of your hard earned cash don't you agree?

novamir....doctor....good...investment?

im just throwing it out like a possibility

E

ebe

Now onto Eben.

This is the guy, if memory servers me correct (could be wrong here because I’m getting old and vague) who I stood by on occasions too numerous to mention (How many, Eben? 5? 10? More?) when everyone around me thought he was a malignant little shit and said so in no uncertain terms. I could ask in retrospect wtf I bothered but hell, that’s another of my failings: taking people as I find them and giving loyalty if I like what I see, twat that I am. Someone I spent hours pl’ing in Spindelhalla when no one else would give him the steam off their piss because of his unbearable obnoxious nasty little manner. Who posts inflammatory threads and then locks them immediately, denying the right of reply. With whom no one will ever engage in a private conversation with again for fear of it being made public at a later date if there is a falling out. The same guy who came back from Pryden and couldn’t get a guild because of this – no one trusts him further than they toss a dwarf. Someone who hides behind a veneer of “hard done by little guy” a propensity for spite and maliciousness which is second to none I have ever in my 39 years encountered RL or online. I think those of you who actually read the final few posts on Derianna’s recruiting thread (and the reason for it being pulled) will know EXACTLY where I am coming from here). I could go on and on and on…

Who needs a psych evaluation? Let the jury decide, because the thread wont be locked (but more likely pulled).

Ciao Midgard and God Bless – have a blast pulling this one to pieces - I've got a great bunch of guys to get back to in Eve :)

First, if you did read Deri's thread before it was discarded you would see that I *defended* Derianna. I said that I did not believe he is a paedophile and told my side of the story. Don't twist the story; Mephi made the accusations and I backed Derianna. Go get the thread restored if you don't believe me. So let's end that.

As for hours PLing and backing me up well dream on. I won't lie and say you did no PLing of Eben, but hours is shite. You defended me once against Derianna and that was that.

Funny how rolling a kobold makes you a "little shit". Come say that to my 6ft and 16 stone build you arsehole.

I locked my original thread to stop the endless slagging match. Remember you brought my name up in Derianna's thread in unfriendly terms. I wanted a right of reply and wanted to leave it at that. In fact I wanted to forget everything but you had to be a dick again and kick things off. You have an unhealthy obsession.

I still stand by what I did. You're a rude egomaniac and deserved everything you got. If you weren't such a twat all this would never have happened in the first place. I had several PMs as well as public endorsements in my thread that vindicated my actions and confirmed the widely held belief of what a total shit you are.

Now that is my final word on the matter. I won't be returning to these boards again to see if you call me a "fuckwit" or whatever again. You won't let sleeping dogs lie, so I won't give you the chance to carry out your obsessional agenda.

I still think you need help.

BTW - you lied about Prydwen - I was involved in 2 guilds there and both made me an officer. Put up or STFU here I suggest.

W

wrathofsauron

Bahhahaha!!

ahhh, that was damn fun to read.

A

AbPoon

I thought your attention span only lasted one sentence.

W

wrathofsauron

Originally posted by AbPoon
I thought your attention span only lasted one sentence.

I thought you quit, let it stay that way.

W

wrathofsauron

only 3 words poon :/

Sorry could not help myself, you definitely write some of the best posts nova i just wanted to you give you credit that's all :)

T

tarticus

I Got To Have My 5p Worth

I had to have my 5p worth in here, I saw Novamir and Killgorde posts, names from the old days and just had to have a little say :-

Well I have know KG a long long time since he played Jumpgate, we were in same squad had soem good fun there too (to german childish idiots decided to ruin the game for all) Then we started on DOAC beta, and then the full game.

Where we started Nazgul, it all went pete tong from there, KG (only in my humble opinion as a 29 year old male) got what can only be described as power hungry, (this maybe some child thing that he didnt get much attantion or something, not sure really).

All I can say is its a game, enjoy it or dont play simple as that.

Ohh and I tried EvE but didnt like it much, the pointy clicky thing aint for me, nice gfx and all that, and nice game but not my cup of tea.

Ohh wel does this mean I got the last word

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom