Some questions

Ttillub

Fledgling Freddie
First, nice to see that GOA has responded and we are getting more information.
I hope Erivoss finds time to read this and answer if possible.

1. Large scale RvR is not possible?
-- Excalibur crashed repeatedly when over 1000 players were on same frontier. GOA says they have state of the art hardware and nothing can be done.
-- Even Prydwen has RvR with more than 800 players on same frontier (according to GOA). So also Prydwen is in danger of getting these crashes if they get bit more players in.
-- How do bigger servers cope with it? I do not remember reading about them crashing lately (french/german servers).
-- can GOA confirm that 1000+ players on same frontier is not possible because of the game coding and it can not be helped with better hardware?

2. Please do not lie to us!
-- according to GOA Excalibur and Avalon both were shutdown last Saturday and both for same reasons. Obviously that was not the case. Why lies?

3. Free day?
-- no news about any free day(s) to english players. Actually there is in German section of GOA'S news but I think we should have it in english also.
-- 1 free day for all this is not nearly enough imo.

4. Were also login/auth servers upgraded same time the actual game servers were?

Oks, maybe I hope too much but I would really like to see some answers to these questions.

- Ttillub

[GOA]Erivoss

[GOA] Official type person
I have passed on these questions (along with others I've found on the forum) to the relevant sections. Rather than compiling all the answers and posting them here, we'll put them into tomorrow's grab bag so that everyone can see them.

Faef

Fledgling Freddie
tomorrows grab bag? sounds great.

Although I'm not sure I fully agree with some of the statements released on the goa site i.e. relic raid force etc, I am very impressed by the way you have gone about things Erinvoss, just a shame it wasnt done earlier but better late than never, keep up the good work!

pomalllka

Fledgling Freddie
If all thats came out of the last few weeks of server problems is we have Customer support (Erivoss) I would say the crashes have been worth it!

For two years now the UK player base has had bugger all support, so at last we are heading in the right direction.

Keep up the good work Erivoss.

Poma

PS Still dont understand why the English servers are not an exact copy of the USA servers ???

Covenant

Can't get enough of FH
pomalllka said:
PS Still dont understand why the English servers are not an exact copy of the USA servers ???

It's to do with the French and German players not waiting for their localised patch and jumping onto Excalibur or Prydwen to get the most up to date patch.

Personally, I reckon we should all be running in English, but given the amount of people playing on the translated game, it appears to be worthwhile.

Flimgoblin

It's my birthday today!
Breni said:
It's to do with the French and German players not waiting for their localised patch and jumping onto Excalibur or Prydwen to get the most up to date patch.

Personally, I reckon we should all be running in English, but given the amount of people playing on the translated game, it appears to be worthwhile.

Personally I like the idea of getting finished patches ;)

(see the number of point releases and readfiles from 1.66 ;))

only problem is everyone will have done all the ToA quests in the US so all the lazy folks will just download walkthroughs :( I for one will be trying to avoid it.

Covenant

Can't get enough of FH
Flimgoblin said:
Personally I like the idea of getting finished patches ;)

(see the number of point releases and readfiles from 1.66 ;))

only problem is everyone will have done all the ToA quests in the US so all the lazy folks will just download walkthroughs :( I for one will be trying to avoid it.

Heh, given that ToA is the most buggy release of an expansion I've ever seen, I would agree, but it's only v1.66. Even Shrouded Isles was relatively finished in comparison to this.

As for the walkthroughs, I agree - they tend to spoil it for us. If we were to get the game at the same time, or within a month, then we'd be OK, I reckon.

Even so, once the game had been released for a longer period, new players would have access to the quest walkthroughs themselves, rather than figuring it out. Is that a bad thing? New players being able to get on with things and get to the real "meat" of the game?

Not that most of the old quests are worth it, what with SC and the like nowadays... :(

Rulke

Can't get enough of FH
Ttillub said:
-- according to GOA Excalibur and Avalon both were shutdown last Saturday and both for same reasons. Obviously that was not the case. Why lies?

Thats what happens when you run 2 servers on the same 486 :p

Joxor

Fledgling Freddie
First of all great to see some feedback Erivoss.
Secondly i got a question, something ive been wondering for sometime now....

Daily i login and see that Excal is right between the "locked" French servers.
So our populations are about the same.
Now we are having crashes due to the Population being too high in 1 zone (frontier in this case)

Isnt it perhaps time to "lock" Excal and create a 3rd english server?

I ask this for a couple of reasons offcourse :
1) it would reduce the lag and the dangers of more of these crashes happening.
2) would increase prydwens Population which is somewhat low. (about 400-500 lower as excal)
3) Would Finnaly give the english speaking folks a chance to play a 3rd realm. (in my case that would be hibb, only chance i currently haveto play hibb is to login on cammlan and that aint my kind of thing)

I thank you for the info you have given us and am looking forward to an answer to what i wrote above.

Covenant

Can't get enough of FH
Actually, I have a question regarding Trials of Atlantis in Europe:

Given that a lot of people are looking forward to this expansion for the Artifacts and Master Level Abilities, can we expect a repeat of the fiasco we had last year, when Shrouded Isles arrived in Europe?

People will not want to wait for a week to be able to register their expansion when it makes even more of a difference to the RvR game than Shrouded Isles did. What measures are GOA taking to ensure that we can all register our CD keys on release day, as we were able to on the day of Retail launch in 2002?

Brynn

Can't get enough of FH
Thats a good point actually, lets hope erviross see's it.

Iskander

Fledgling Freddie
[GOA]Erivoss said:
I have passed on these questions (along with others I've found on the forum) to the relevant sections. Rather than compiling all the answers and posting them here, we'll put them into tomorrow's grab bag so that everyone can see them.
:clap: :clap:

Brynn

Can't get enough of FH
Ooo a grab bag. Im starting to feel all american

"Howdy Partner" oooer

Tay

Grumpy old fecker
Brynn said:
Ooo a grab bag. Im starting to feel all american

"Howdy Partner" oooer

Eick, grab bag, I see that as a particulary nasty mechanism of making somebody drop the ball in rugby.....

And yes it does bring a tear to my eye...

Ttillub

Fledgling Freddie
[GOA]Erivoss said:

Well friday news (grab bag) out but not one of these or those others questions You found answered :(

Guess that is GOA's way to show what they think about us??

Maybe You should :touch: more those that have answers?

Edit: Or are You making that grab bag your self here in these forums?

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom