Some questions

Rub

One of Freddy's beloved
Posted in my template post but here more ppl will read it (i think :p )

Some questions:
1) How can i calculate my block/parry chance and my max hits?
2) If i put a DoT or another weap proc on my x-bow can that go off when im shooting with it or will it become charges or is it impossible?
3) Does a reactive proc count in the imbue points?
4) Does magic resistance increase chance to resist or hits magic u for lesser if u have more?

Minimac

Fledgling Freddie
Rub said:
Posted in my template post but here more ppl will read it (i think :p )

Some questions:
2) If i put a DoT or another weap proc on my x-bow can that go off when im shooting with it or will it become charges or is it impossible?
4) Does magic resistance increase chance to resist or hits magic u for lesser if u have more?

1. Cba to think
2. No or else its a drop ... Which i dont think exsists
3. No
4. Both. Spells hit for less and u resists come spells afaik

Hope i helped ;)

bigchief

Fledgling Freddie
'chance to resist' is based on spell level vs player level, your actual resist has nothing to do with it.

Dmg done by spells is effected by your resists.

Crookshanks

Fledgling Freddie
Base chance is 5% (if you are given the skill, eg. tanks)
(a) Each point you have specced in block or parry gived 0.5% additional chance.
(b) Each +skill from realm rank and item bonus' also give 0.5%.
(c) Any mastery of block/parry is also added. Dexterity also plays an important role - but the exact forumla isn't publicly known. It IS thought to be a multiplacive result, so that for a high block/parry skill level, a high dexterity will have a greater effect than for someone with low block/parry skill.
(d) The attackers level vs your level (presumably?) plays a role.
(e) The attackers weapon skill is offset against the chance to block/parry.
(f) The attackers weapon style (dual wield, celtic dual, left axe) is factored in, by halving the effectiveness of the blocking. A 2-handed weapon havles the effective chance to parry.

Hits are calculated from:
(a) Hit point table (tank, hybrid, rogue, mage)
(b) Constitution
(c) +hits from SC (max +200, +200 from ToA overcap for a max of +400 at level 50)
(d) Toughness Realm Ability.
(e) Your level.

I don't believe so - I'm not sure on this. I'm correct in thinking bows procs don't work do they? The proc would have to be on the arrows. Crossbows would logically be the same as bows.

No thank goodness!

See above answers. Resistances on a player decrease the effect of spells/weapons. The chance to totally resist is independent.

Amuse

One of Freddy's beloved
Bow procs does work.

I dont know about alchemist procs, or sidi procs, but procs like resist debuff, dot, DD and such does work on droped bows.

Vermillon

One of Freddy's beloved
I had seen somewhere a formula that it supoused to calculate the block or parry rate.

it was like this.
[((Dex or Qui*2)-100)/40] + (Shiled or Parry skill/2) + Mastery Of + Base Chance To Block/Parry

For example 300 Dex, 42+16 Shield, MoBlock 3 will be like

[((300*2)-100)/40] + (58/2) + 10 + 5 = 56.5

If this formula is correct then 400 dex gives you 17.5 chance to block. With 66 shield (50+16) and MoB5 (23%) someone can have 78.5 chance to block which seams reasonable to me to be true.

old.windforce

Part of the furniture
hmm i tought weaponskill and level of mob player plays a role in the chane to block too

2 crossguarding scouts with mob5, 410 dex and 50+18 shield would be cool change to block i guess

Righthandof

Fledgling Freddie
unless they meet a ranger, sb, ns, etc.. because dual wield halves their chance so they end up like max. 40% chance to block.. thats pretty vulnerable

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom