Some people!

Dukat

Resident Freddy
so I came off my motorbike earlier today, legs are still bleeding rofl. I walked away from it, but I was lucky. anyway, it was because of diesel or fat or some shit on the road, skidded lost control and the next thing I know I'm skidding along the road on my shoulders, as I'm skidding I remember looking up and briefly meeting the eyes of the driver of the car coming the other way, who was looking down at me through his side window as he went past.

Went past and kept going. after I narrowly avoided rolling under his wheels.

My bike was on its side, wheel still going round because it was in gear, I had obviously just fucked up, and the guy keeps going? what?

As I say, I'm ok, a guy in a lorry stopped and helped me out and made sure I was ok, I managed to drive it home and have since gone through all of the stuff that you go through after these things happen.

Anyway, the thing that I just cant get over is how the guy in the other car met my eyes, yet still kept going, by the time I'd stopped skidding he'd gone around the corner, so for all he knows I could well still be lying there by the side of the road. How can people do it? Dont they have a conscience? dont they care? If I saw my worst enemy in the same situation I'd stop and atleast make sure he was still breathing ffs.

I guess its not that unusual, but when things like that happen it really does shake your faith in people generally. I actually used to live down where the guy was headed for, so its probably very likely that I knew of the person - or that he knew of me. How do these people think? What allows them to function in such a way?

Just baffles me tbh.

leviathane

Part of the furniture
End of the day some people are c**ts, good to hear it wasn't serious. How's the bike? :)

Laddey

FH is my second home
lol. My dad is a wagon driver and he said he helped a guy in a motorbike accident today. Not sure if it was you but weird eh.

Glad your ok!

Dukat

Resident Freddy
End of the day some people are c**ts, good to hear it wasn't serious. How's the bike? :)

Seems to be ok thanks, slight fairing damage, indicator on one side needs replacing, other than that it seemed to be ok.

I think I'm going to go get someone to look at it at some point this week though; the back wheel felt a little bumpy on the way back, havent had a chance to ride it since, but I'm a little concerned there might be something there that isnt obvious, will have to see.

lol. My dad is a wagon driver and he said he helped a guy in a motorbike accident today. Not sure if it was you but weird eh.

Glad your ok!

rofl really? Was in a village near kings lynn in norfolk - if it was me he probably told you I was more pissed off about my trousers being ruined than anything else rofl, it was good of your dad to stop though! Seems like its not something everyone does!

Its a bit stupid really, I work about a mile or so from home, so I could walk in, probably should really, but I'm still mad about riding my bike, any excuse to get on it hehe, sometimes I'll just go out for a ride with no real destination, just pick a direction and see where I end up heh.

Seeing as its only a mile or so I only put a jacket on, rather than full leathers, its a bit of a risk, but it was a calculated one as its less than 5 minutes, so when I came off today wearing my suit trousers I was pretty lucky to walk away from it like I did I guess, still got a couple of impressive cuts on my knees though. My suit trousers are a loss though, two massive gaping holes where the knees are lol :( RIP!

old.Tohtori

FH is my second home
Since i know you can take things "cool", i'll say this: Maybe the guy in the car was death who just looked and went "Meh, not even close." :)

Glad you're ok.

Dukat

Resident Freddy
Since i know you can take things "cool", i'll say this: Maybe the guy in the car was death who just looked and went "Meh, not even close." :)

Glad you're ok.

rofl :D

Not sure, I've looked death in a face once or twice before, if that was him then he's put on a fair few pounds since the last time I saw him! :D

EDIT: Hang on a minute, the bish didnt come for me, he was after my trousers! The bastard! Next time I see him I'll mash him up big time!!

Lamp

Gold Star Holder!!
Only come off my motorbike once. Was driving down Parkhurst Road in North London (opposite Holloway Women's Prison...fnar fnar) when I braked over a patch of wet leaves. Nothing I could do to avoid the skid. Happened so quick. Luckily, was only going about 20 mph. Twisted a mirror, but was unhurt as in full protective gear. A cab driver behind me was veyr kind, helped me wheel the bike over to the side. Was more embarassed than anything else.

There is no explanation for why someone would stare at you mid-accident and drive off. Well there is. It rhymes with "hunts".

Glad to hear you're OK

What bike have you got by the way ?

Blackjack

Fledgling Freddie
When i was just alittle puppy, like 10 or so. I was about to bike home from a friends b-day party. When my pump, i had had on the back got caught in spokes, and i went flying. Knees, elbows, chin torn open, bleeding quite badly. A car breaks, rolls down its windows. Driver points, laughs out loud and drives off.

i have alot of those types of stories... And my family wonders why i hate people in general as much as i do ^^

Dukat

Resident Freddy
Only come off my motorbike once. Was driving down Parkhurst Road in North London (opposite Holloway Women's Prison...fnar fnar) when I braked over a patch of wet leaves. Nothing I could do to avoid the skid. Happened so quick. Luckily, was only going about 20 mph. Twisted a mirror, but was unhurt as in full protective gear. A cab driver behind me was veyr kind, helped me wheel the bike over to the side. Was more embarassed than anything else.

There is no explanation for why someone would stare at you mid-accident and drive off. Well there is. It rhymes with "hunts".

Glad to hear you're OK

What bike have you got by the way ?

Haha yea I was the same - really embarrased for the first few minutes, first thing was to get the bike up and out of the road so it didnt look so bad rofl, no idea why I cared really, kinda funny how it all works!

Only got a little CBR125, always driving it though, normallly I'd go into work and back again, then drive to the gym, or to the local sports center, been as far as middlesborough and milton keynes before, love the small country roads more than anything else.

Funny how I always seem to come off when I'm on an easy bit of road - last time it happened I was only going 5 or so mph lol, was about to stop, this time though it was a bit faster, twenty five or thirty-ish, cant get over how lucky I was though, even though my legs are killing at the moment hah.

I didnt see the stuff as I went over it, but when I was looking back at the road to see if I'd lost anything I noticed fairly big blobs of liquid that looked like it was fat or oil from the factory where I work. Not interested in claiming or anything as it was my own stupid fault not wearing leather trousers, normally I'd wear atleast jeans and a jacket, if not then full leather with all the proper padding and stuff.

When i was just alittle puppy, like 10 or so. I was about to bike home from a friends b-day party. When my pump, i had had on the back got caught in spokes, and i went flying. Knees, elbows, chin torn open, bleeding quite badly. A car breaks, rolls down its windows. Driver points, laughs out loud and drives off.

i have alot of those types of stories... And my family wonders why i hate people in general as much as i do ^^

Ouch, yea, I was spitting feathers just with what happened to me, had I of been you in that situation i think my head would've exploded lol.

Lamp

Gold Star Holder!!
Most important thing: if you come off your bike, and assuming its rideable and you're OK, get straight back on it. I know a couple of people who've come off, then taken weeks before they can get back on it. Gotta jump straight back on as if nothing happened (even if you have to drive like an OAP all the way home LOL)

Be safe

Naetha

Fledgling Freddie
Sorry to hear you had a prang - just be glad you can walk away from it :)

Case has put his bike away for the winter and I can't say I'm not a little relieved.

Don't give up though - I *so* wish I could still be riding (a bit hard when 8 months preggers though ;) )

Lamp

Gold Star Holder!!
I won't go out on the bike if the roads are icy or if there's thick fog. Other than that, winter weather doesn't bother me too much. Its all about layers.

Chronictank

FH is my second home
For all you know he was in shock and drove a mile or so before it registered to him what just happened
I guess you didnt hang about, but for all you knew he might have come back

Not entirely relevant in your case but the mentality is the same;
In all honesty after hearing a story from my uncle i am pretty wary of helping people out on the roads, he stopped to help a lad who looked like he broke down and ended up getting mugged.
Fortunately they didnt take his car but only his stuff and his car keys before driving off leaving him in the middle of the M4

Naetha

Fledgling Freddie
I won't go out on the bike if the roads are icy or if there's thick fog. Other than that, winter weather doesn't bother me too much. Its all about layers.

It's salty roads eating away at a brand new bike that worries me tbh (as well as my husband's safety of course :eek: )

And :wub: Blackjack ;)

Case

Fledgling Freddie
Get yourself some Draggin Jeans they`re kevlar lined and very comfortable just like normal jeans but if it happens again you won`t leave any skin on the road :D

Glad to hear your alright, and yes indeed lots of people out there are total cnuts not to mention the amount of awful drivers who shouldn`t even be on the road with a dangerous 2 ton piece of metal moving at speed.

Case

Fledgling Freddie
And yes my bike is away for the winter safe from scary salt eating away at my brand new kawasaki er-6f :)

Dukat

Resident Freddy
Most important thing: if you come off your bike, and assuming its rideable and you're OK, get straight back on it. I know a couple of people who've come off, then taken weeks before they can get back on it. Gotta jump straight back on as if nothing happened (even if you have to drive like an OAP all the way home LOL)

Be safe

Hehe yea, I was able to get back on alright, I drove it 3-4 meters then tested the brakes etc, then went home at a steady 20mph just incase the thing wanted to blow up or anything heh.

I'm not really worried about coming off as such, more annoyed at the cost and messing around finding replacements of anything that gets broken.

For all you know he was in shock and drove a mile or so before it registered to him what just happened
I guess you didnt hang about, but for all you knew he might have come back

I can half understand that mentality, but to be fair this was in a village, the road the guy was on doesnt actually continue on for a mile, it deadends in a housing estate, it was broad daylight and the guy saw me come off and nearly roll under his car lol, not likely to be mugging anyone for atleast a couple of hours after that tbh heh. Like I say, I can half understand it, just having it happen can make you wonder at people a bit.

Found out the name of the guy who helped me out though, going to get him a beer or something as a way of saying "cheers", I would've been alright if no one had of stopped, but I was a bit shaken and not thinking straight, so having someone stop and see if I was ok meant alot.

Lamp

Gold Star Holder!!
I'm not really worried about coming off as such, more annoyed at the cost and messing around finding replacements of anything that gets broken.

Totally the same. Such a pain in the arse having to sort out a busted m/bike.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom