Some old names, still playing?

Eroa

Banned
Derric, Artemis and Camillo are the true oldschool infils who just couldnt get enough of killing me in emain :(

November

Fledgling Freddie
Im not really that 'old school', but been around for a couple of years already :)

Oh.. And those screenies are great.. Brings back loads of memories seeing those groups and the graphics of the icons for spells for example. *Grins*

Cero

Fledgling Freddie
Dosferra said:
xD

khaaindings50.jpg

hahahah yeah remeber that day like yesterday =) I MISS ALL OLDSCHOOL GUYS!!!!

Nessaj

Fledgling Freddie
First of all I'm sorry for 'necromancing' (or what they call it for forums) an old thread, I hope people can bare with me.

The names posted just rings a bell for me since I'm from that era, to be honest though I'm surprised that someone remember me, I'm Marc Silvershot (I wanted to spell it with a K but the name was locked by the game) old Saracen Scout in Albion on Prydwen. I had an old IRL friend who used the same surname as well, Silvershot.

I used to run with a bunch of different crowds, The Chosen, The Crusaders, and hung out with a few from Servants of the old Lake (who I used to look up to!). Managed to learn my first bit of politics as well with handling our Alliance of about 5-7 guilds, I recall a fallout with some Phoenix Legion members that ended up in them leaving the alliance.

Reading what the OP wrote I too was also around 15 or so when playing, and yeah Albion even at that, we used to get stomped in general but as I also do recall GOA had fubared the release so when we started playing in Europe we had only had grey level 30 gear from Catacombs, since the rest wasn't itemized, even in greater numbers we couldn't do anything to defend our frontiers.

I've been reveling a bit in nostalgia lately thinking about the fun times in DAoC, which happens when reading about any MMO, thinking about how great it was to play back then, fight the epic keep wars, the tactical planning when we tried to do a prime time relic raid, group pvping in emain, stealth/ambushing groups at the border keeps, and the great community bond there was, not to mention how easy one could organize hundreds people to do something together.

In regards to the names mentioned I have to say that one midgard name will always ring out for me the most, Sinister, I recall the days of him stealthing past the border keep guards and farming people outside the level 30 instance catacombs, hilarious :)

With all the nostalgia I've been wondering though if anyone from the Prydwen era is still around at all, on the net at least, with their gaming gene in tact.

Nessaj

Fledgling Freddie
Thought I'd add a few names of old school people I remember :) Para Medic, Breeze Silverstar, Alizia, Bubble, Ghosty Boo, Jupitus, Windforce, Adelle, Kyra, Milithiel, DocWolfe, SoulFly Anarok, Ziera, Myshra, Arawn, Jadow, Revz.

civy

One of Freddy's beloved
A hole bunch of us who have done the mmo rounds have just returned to DAoC. It's starting to feel like home again. I'm just waiting for jamie to show me the dirt and I'll be back proper ;)

DavidH

Part of the furniture
Is there actually any action at all on Prydwen/Excal cluster anymore?

And question number two, how are the US servers doing? Been checking camelotherald a couple of times once in a while, and seems like theres always 1500-2000+ online, which to me sounds reasonable enough.

Jupitus

Old and short, no wonder I'm grumpy!
Staff member
FH Subscriber
Thought I'd add a few names of old school people I remember :) Para Medic, Breeze Silverstar, Alizia, Bubble, Ghosty Boo, Jupitus, Windforce, Adelle, Kyra, Milithiel, DocWolfe, SoulFly Anarok, Ziera, Myshra, Arawn, Jadow, Revz.

*waves*

Hey Marc, good to see ya :)

Cloudz

Fledgling Freddie
I havent been on this forum in years, Funny too see so many names I still reconise!! they still have the servers going? take the population is really bad? lol

censi

Can't get enough of FH
Does no one remember the overlord?

Am I still number 1 in the ranger charts?

CorNokZ

Currently a stay at home dad
We remember, but we stopped caring ages ago.. And everyone knows that Mastade was the true Overlord of Hibernia

Tuppe

Fledgling Freddie
hmm intresting, sometimes come read these boards and fine there still some posting going on :)

oh well, want to do some run in game, some day, and just look around where spend ~5y+ my life :)

still remember load of stuff how it was done, roads, weewolfs :D
few friends still play in US, guess 7th year going? oh well.
great game, great memories.

Thadius

Part of the furniture
hmm intresting, sometimes come read these boards and fine there still some posting going on :)

oh well, want to do some run in game, some day, and just look around where spend ~5y+ my life :)

still remember load of stuff how it was done, roads, weewolfs :D
few friends still play in US, guess 7th year going? oh well.
great game, great memories.

Just download the free trial, least it will get the urges out of your system :p

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom