Some info on 1.89 and further plans

Rhana

Fledgling Freddie
I slightly disagree with you, Andrilyn. To my knowlage, you cant pre-heal 4-5 bombers. 1 sec. the target is unhurt, the next he has taken 1.6k-2k of damage (counting on roughfly 400 in dam/bomber and 4-5 bombers). It's enough to kill a caster in a sec and a presumed DI will not kick in in that short time.

I base this on bouth playing RM and Cleric/heretic (DI on bouth and used to heal with bouth)

Besides that what you typed, I agree on most. low dex will have to be counted with aug dex I gues, like most sorc does anyway. they will have higher damage then most sorcs so I gues a Animists job in a group is to take out tanks with bombers, as the tanks can take more of a beating and therefor has more time to get heals, you need to hit them faster and more nasty then useally.

Flimgoblin

It's my birthday today!
Andrilyn said:
The LT is nice yes mainly due to it being energy damage and not alot of people cap that damage type in their temps but it's still the weakest LT out of all LT's and you have to spec for it unlike sorc/cabby one which is baseline and higher delve + HP return.

Last time I looked that was a baseline lifetap.... however the delve progression isn't as good as the Mage one because there's no level 50 spell.

Gahn

Resident Freddy
Flimgoblin said:
Last time I looked that was a baseline lifetap.... however the delve progression isn't as good as the Mage one because there's no level 50 spell.

Yeh Ani's one is baseline, which means higher variations and NEED to buy MoF 2 to put out of equations higher resists rates on top of that.

Andrilyn

Can't get enough of FH
Rhana said:
I slightly disagree with you, Andrilyn. To my knowlage, you cant pre-heal 4-5 bombers. 1 sec. the target is unhurt, the next he has taken 1.6k-2k of damage (counting on roughfly 400 in dam/bomber and 4-5 bombers). It's enough to kill a caster in a sec and a presumed DI will not kick in in that short time.

Well DI is based of a % of your groupmembers health so it will kick in unless the target gets 1 shot, I played both a Cleric(rr11) and an Animist(rr6) myself and never had problems pre-healing bomber damage unless I didn't saw them or it didnt get called on Vent, problem is if your DI + purge is down and another group gets a perfect mez off and casts 3-4 bombers + LT when 1st bomber hits, that will "insta" kill everything cept Armsmen and Warriors but that situation should never happen to a somewhat decent group anyway.
Not to mention an Animist is pretty high on the "to kill" list (about the same as theurg) so against a decent group they will (try to) interrupt/kill you as fast as possible or as long as possible, MoC will help with that but cut your damage down so your "spike" damage will be 25% less while Animist have to rely on that and it will be alot easier to heal that due to the delay in their main damage (bombers).

I am not saying they need to major boost animists but they need a boost in 8v8 (1750 range bombers or longer duration bombers (faster bombers would actually be a nerf in certian area's) but they mainly need some other utility other than shrooms and bombers, make the roots insta like every other caster has, a more viable RA list (BAoD perhaps), remove bombers as "pets" and make them a slow bolt type spell(however should be tested alot else it would be OP).
These are all not too major boosts and would not make Animists OP in open area's but will make them more viable.

Andrilyn

Can't get enough of FH
Flimgoblin said:

Yeah sorry your right about that but still the point remains that it's the weakest LT of all LT's in the game, personally I think the damage shouldn't be increased but the HP return should be atleast on par with cabby's and sorcs.

Rhana

Fledgling Freddie
I know that the DI kicks in at 75% of life, but how after a group member died of bombers (and no, wasnt out of range), I still had full DI, explane that to me pleas. This have hapend bouth to bombers and stealthers that have killed groupmembers very fast. The RA lsit looks about the same as for most casters (they got Negative Maelstrom that should be usefull in the right situations and as interupt in others). And I most sertanly dont think they should have that long range on bombers, it would unbalance them.

.. What are you talking about that other casters has insta root? I have played alot of caster classes, none of them had.

The life return, I gues, is on par with the cabbys and sorcs, the baseline version - like the Animists. how ever, cabbys and sorcs has spec LT that returns 80% life... So in that case, it would be better to give the Animists a spec LT.

Raven

Fuck the Tories!
FH Subscriber
some good stuff...but what? 2 years late?

pointless waste of time tbh

Flimgoblin

It's my birthday today!
Andrilyn said:
Yeah sorry your right about that but still the point remains that it's the weakest LT of all LT's in the game, personally I think the damage shouldn't be increased but the HP return should be atleast on par with cabby's and sorcs.

I'd rather see all the other lifetaps nerfed tbh :)

Manisch Depressiv

Part of the furniture
Andrilyn said:
Although the 2nd LoS check was needed (not only on Animist pets but on all pets) I do agree that Animists need alot of love(8v8, open area combat etc not siege) because at the already current state nobody is going to pick an Animist over an Eld or even a Chanter and with further nerfs it will just be the end of the class.

Think you have to blame the "nobodies" there.

Maeloch

Part of the furniture
Problem with changing animists to make em more competative in 8v8 and giving em more 'normal' spells like any other casters is, especially for peeps who 'moonlight' on em as alts like me, is alot of the fun playing the class is precisely because the are so different to a regular caster - the whole backloaded dps thing, trying to control a fight positioning turrets, pulling peeps into tanglers etc.

They aint the strongest 8v8 class, but everyone cant be and some poor sod has to be near the bottom...however imo they are lot of fun, a perfectly viable class - not properly broken ie necro - and can control a fight in this wierd delayed fashion like no other. Make em like normal casters and u destroy em. Like I kinda hint tho, it is easy for me to say as I don't play it as a main.

swords

Can't get enough of FH
Rhana said:

You can if you see the bombers inc to the target.

Rhana

Fledgling Freddie
Maeloch said:
Problem with changing animists to make em more competative in 8v8 and giving em more 'normal' spells like any other casters is, especially for peeps who 'moonlight' on em as alts like me, is alot of the fun playing the class is precisely because the are so different to a regular caster - the whole backloaded dps thing, trying to control a fight positioning turrets, pulling peeps into tanglers etc.

They aint the strongest 8v8 class, but everyone cant be and some poor sod has to be near the bottom...however imo they are lot of fun, a perfectly viable class - not properly broken ie necro - and can control a fight in this wierd delayed fashion like no other. Make em like normal casters and u destroy em. Like I kinda hint tho, it is easy for me to say as I don't play it as a main.

Hehe, you managed to get me have an itch for log on my lvl45 Ani with your post... And I havent had an itch for any toon on ToA cluster since I started play on Glaston. :)

Andrilyn

Can't get enough of FH
Rhana said:
I know that the DI kicks in at 75% of life, but how after a group member died of bombers (and no, wasnt out of range), I still had full DI, explane that to me pleas. This have hapend bouth to bombers and stealthers that have killed groupmembers very fast. The RA lsit looks about the same as for most casters (they got Negative Maelstrom that should be usefull in the right situations and as interupt in others). And I most sertanly dont think they should have that long range on bombers, it would unbalance them.

Never happend to me so can't say how it did happen, lag (so you got out of range without noticing) maybe?
NM RA is really crap but I was mainly looking for something that would make people actually pick an Animist for that RA and I never ever heard anyone say "Yes let's fill the last spot with an Ani as NM rox!".

Rhana said:
.. What are you talking about that other casters has insta root? I have played alot of caster classes, none of them had.

I mean you cast it and if it doesn't get resisted the target is rooted, Animists cast it and it takes up to 6+ sec to root a tank thats right next to you (not to mention if your in a fight and pre kite a tank and theres a SW down (yes Ani bombers get affected by SW) there's no way you will be able to root him with bomber roots ever).

Rhana said:
The life return, I gues, is on par with the cabbys and sorcs, the baseline version - like the Animists. how ever, cabbys and sorcs has spec LT that returns 80% life... So in that case, it would be better to give the Animists a spec LT.

Sorc's and Cabby's have a level 50 179d / 60% (Body) LT, Animist have a level 45 164d / 50% (Energy) LT, and I think most Animist wouldn't mind having to spec 50 Aboreal to get a 179d level 50 LT with 60% return.

Maeloch said:

Yeah I agree with you there Maeloch but the initial quote and the posts on VNboards/herald make it look like they are planning to heavily nerf the Animist class (not only shrooms) and seeing it's not exactly the most populair class in RvR (rather the opposit) at the moment does make me think that nerfing a class down that has such a unique play style will completely remove them from the RvR scene...

Davejohnson

Banned
there are alot of animists on avalon that are annoying and hurt like f**k.

it has some disadvantages compared to elds/chanters in 8vs8 fights, but generally i dont see any problem with an animists performance in rvr.

Rhana

Fledgling Freddie
Andrilyn said:
Never happend to me so can't say how it did happen, lag (so you got out of range without noticing) maybe?
NM RA is really crap but I was mainly looking for something that would make people actually pick an Animist for that RA and I never ever heard anyone say "Yes let's fill the last spot with an Ani as NM rox!".
Well, have happend to me when they standing next to me. I gues that I will have document it next time and right now it, and ask some questions if its supose to work this way.

Andrilyn said:
I mean you cast it and if it doesn't get resisted the target is rooted, Animists cast it and it takes up to 6+ sec to root a tank thats right next to you (not to mention if your in a fight and pre kite a tank and theres a SW down (yes Ani bombers get affected by SW) there's no way you will be able to root him with bomber roots ever).
Aha, well insta is a bit faster then normal casting, not to mention when you have to q-cast it. How ever, I agree that 6+ sec is a very long time to stand there and take the beating as a caster.

Andrilyn said:
Sorc's and Cabby's have a level 50 179d / 60% (Body) LT, Animist have a level 45 164d / 50% (Energy) LT, and I think most Animist wouldn't mind having to spec 50 Aboreal to get a 179d level 50 LT with 60% return.
I wonder why the reason is that they dont have a lvl 50 spell when most others has it in baseline.

islef

Loyal Freddie
I recently made an ani on avalon and i find it awesome fun to play as something else than my main.. problem is the class is pretty much shunned in hib grps.. when i do get grps it is awsome tho, had some very fun fights if the setup is caster heavy and you fight less organized grps of 8+. Snaring shrooms are simply pure ownage cause noone pays them any attention before the grp is extended over ½ a zone XD

DMG wise they are insane if you get free for just a bit, 4-5bombers, con debuff as the 1st hit and LT spammage.. never had an enemy live after that so far. My main problem is that it is squishy as hell, and you will get spotted the second the 1st bomber is away.

I think the class is fine for 8 vs 8 as it is tbh, just not favoured alot in hib setups since they are usually tank heavy or just has chanter/eld... damn fun class!

Rushie

Fledgling Freddie
swords said:
You can if you see the bombers inc to the target.

or if the target notices and yells at u "eeeek! lots of bombers inc, heal.. HEAL!!!!" :D

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom