Some Infil questions

liloe

It's my birthday today!
Ok, let's start off =) I wanna spec pierce btw: 50pierce, 39CD, 35st, 35env, 29CD (auto trained)

- What is a good main/offhand combo speed-wise? I mean not weapons, but what speed should they have? more than 4.0 mainhand? Is 3.4 or 3.5 offhand too slow?

- If I use GS mainhand, does it proc often or rather rare? Is it worth the proc at all?

- Is GoV or GSV the better torso? Proc-wise it seems to me that GoV is better, but maybe GSV procs are nice vs. archers? But then again, is that a reliable solution, cause the DoT proc will interrupt them aswell.

Maybe I come up with more, but that's it for a start =) And before you ask, it's not for Excalibur =))

mettrik

Fledgling Freddie
no expert, but changed mine to slash, found thrust very frustrating, can count on one hand the amount of time my low RR infil got a Df off,

Slash the way to go for more than one reason, Malice, battler, str= damage.

as for spec , depends on your playstyle, if u troll forums u will see lots of different opinions

Im 39 slash, 44 CS 37 stealth, 24 ish DW , 30 summit env (autoed)

was a thrust, and am a saracen need aug str now to make up slight loss.

bigchief

Fledgling Freddie
liloe said:
Ok, let's start off =) I wanna spec pierce btw: 50pierce, 39CD, 35st, 35env, 29CD (auto trained)

- What is a good main/offhand combo speed-wise? I mean not weapons, but what speed should they have? more than 4.0 mainhand? Is 3.4 or 3.5 offhand too slow?

- If I use GS mainhand, does it proc often or rather rare? Is it worth the proc at all?

- Is GoV or GSV the better torso? Proc-wise it seems to me that GoV is better, but maybe GSV procs are nice vs. archers? But then again, is that a reliable solution, cause the DoT proc will interrupt them aswell.

Maybe I come up with more, but that's it for a start =) And before you ask, it's not for Excalibur =))

well ... apart from thats a NS spec with 2 lots of cd ...

:p

Assuming you meant 50thrust 35stealth 39cs 35env 29dw lets answer the questions

#1. There are few 4.0 or slower mainhand thrusters. I would be looking for something in the region of 3.9 or slower mainhand though. 3.4/3.5 offhand is fine.

#2. GS is ok, proc rate isnt bad but using a fixed thrust mainhand weapon is bad, especially vs PD chars and mid stealthers which are 10%thrust resistant.

#3. With the inclusion of cl's GSV has been outmoded because of the 5%melee resists shout which does not stack with GSV. The stats, proc and caps are all better on GoV, especially for a thrust inf

liloe

It's my birthday today!
bigchief said:
well ... apart from thats a NS spec with 2 lots of cd ...

:p

ups =)) they say old habits are hard to loose =)

I don't mean to use a fixed mainhand though, cause I need to swich through lots of poisoned weapons anyways, getting the hang of it while playing a friends shade atm =)) It was just a general question about a good "normal dmg" mainhand weapon =)

I see the point with Malice, but I lived without it on ranger. The point is, when I use about 5 weapons per fight to re-apply poison I'm not counting on a malice proc to go off very often.

So ok, GoV as torso then, thought so, looks better anyways =)

Hm, ok I DO have a weapon question now =)) CW as offhand or CTD or the CTD summon weapon? Or something totally different? (Traitor???)

Commandment

Fledgling Freddie
liloe said:
ups =)) they say old habits are hard to loose =)

I don't mean to use a fixed mainhand though, cause I need to swich through lots of poisoned weapons anyways, getting the hang of it while playing a friends shade atm =)) It was just a general question about a good "normal dmg" mainhand weapon =)

I see the point with Malice, but I lived without it on ranger. The point is, when I use about 5 weapons per fight to re-apply poison I'm not counting on a malice proc to go off very often.

So ok, GoV as torso then, thought so, looks better anyways =)

Hm, ok I DO have a weapon question now =)) CW as offhand or CTD or the CTD summon weapon? Or something totally different? (Traitor???)
i personally wouldnt go traitors, cause of the low DPS.. you would build a nice temp with CW off hand and then a semi open mainhand temp with new lgms and what not..

trycorn

Fledgling Freddie
thrust ftw xD
Offhand rly depends on what u wanna go 4, if u wanna aim 4 a semi fixed spirit mh i would go 4 bladeshadow, if u want total free mh i would go 4 ctd / champ offhand totaly depending on the rest of the template rly what ever fits best. another great offhand is mephitic fang , allways nice to have ur target diseased all the time without haveing to reaply it xD

tbh i allways loved 50 thrust 44 crit 35 stealth 34 env 23 dw as a starter spec gives u alot more dmg on pa / bs2 + hamstering combo, but leaves u with low dw and if ur counting on a proc from offhand i wouldnt recomend it.

hope it helped

mettrik said:
no expert, but changed mine to slash, found thrust very frustrating, can count on one hand the amount of time my low RR infil got a Df off,
backup styleing ftw xD
i find myself leaveing out df load's of fight's, ppl i fight know i have df and will wait to purge so they will fight most of the fight with all poisons on, and if they purge before stun there's a huge change of me landing it and that will most time's win the fight

liloe

It's my birthday today!
Ok, my beta2 template now has capped str/dex, 86 con, 300hp, capped style dmg, 8% melee, 9% speed, gets 250qui.

I can swich my Mainhand as long as it's craftable or GS. Offhand is CW cause the dual caps simply fit in so well.

Now another question...I guess I'm gonna use thrust styles mainly then, so worth getting any +CS in my temp?

trycorn

Fledgling Freddie
liloe said:
Now another question...I guess I'm gonna use thrust styles mainly then, so worth getting any +CS in my temp?
only style i rly use from thrust is df :/ only style that seems worth it 4 me, else use garrot/ah and hamstering combo, so yes get + cs in temp and if ur speccing 50 thrust there isnt that much use 4 + in thrust when u get some rr's(if u dont use the styles that is)

Bridd

Fledgling Freddie
I think we are missing the entire point about slash v. thrust... with slash you only have to worry about one stat - strength entirely determines how hard u hit, where as with thrust how hard you hit = (str + dex)/2. What this effectively means is with slash you can build a temp based purely upon str only, forget about the dex, this has to mean, and imo it does mean, any slash temp is always going to be far superior to a thrust temp because you have a stat u just do not have to cater for.

Either way, if you really want an informed debate about this kind of thing, no disrespect to FH, you should be studying

http://vnboards.ign.com/board.asp?brd=20906

this is the VN board: Albion Rogue Proffesionals, where you can nit pick, debate, and out and out flame other shades about their stats and temps to your hearts content.

Take care

liloe

It's my birthday today!
but the problem is, US boards are full of nubbers :/ 80% of healer temps don`t use capped buff bonus, people neglect the wrong things and it`s generally full of trolls :(

I just post there for the counter tbh =))

But yer, seems the growth rate on CS styles is generally higher than on pierce styles, but then again it also seems that +CS only gives a good advantage on PA cap, so I'll have to see the differences in end usage on thrust vs. CS, cause garrote spamming takes lots of endu I guess?

bigchief

Fledgling Freddie
well the problem with VN is people like this

http://vnboards.ign.com/albion_rogue_professions/b20906/99730870/p1/?4

and the 2nd template in this one

http://vnboards.ign.com/albion_rogue_professions/b20906/99701353/p1/?9

Some people there just do not have the slightest clue at all .... including a lot of the people that spout off facts and stats about the game. Its quite funny in a way.

I only read the forum to keep an eye on any developments from US servers, as the general templates/chatter is rediculous.

liloe

It's my birthday today!
bigchief said:
well the problem with VN is people like this

http://vnboards.ign.com/albion_rogue_professions/b20906/99730870/p1/?4

and the 2nd template in this one

http://vnboards.ign.com/albion_rogue_professions/b20906/99701353/p1/?9

Some people there just do not have the slightest clue at all .... including a lot of the people that spout off facts and stats about the game. Its quite funny in a way.

I only read the forum to keep an eye on any developments from US servers, as the general templates/chatter is rediculous.

Can I PM you my temp without you laughing very loud? =))

Manisch Depressiv

Part of the furniture
Would that work for 50 DW/50 Slash (1.85, Champ/Malice afair)?

LOKI Build Report
Default Configuration:
Build Utility: 821.3
Useable Utility: 816.3
TOA Utility: 362.0

Statistics
STR:101/101 CON:101/101 DEX:15/80
QUI:67/80 INT:0/75 PIE:0/75
CHA:0/75 EMP:0/75
Hits:404/400
Power:0/25
AF:20/50

Resistances
Body: 24
Cold: 6
Heat: 28
Energy: 8
Matter: 20
Spirit: 21+5
Crush: 25+2
Slash: 25+3
Thrust: 26

Skills
Stealth: 11
Slash: 11
Thrust: 4
Dual Wield OR Critical Strike: 11
Staff: 4

Bonuses
Style Damage: 13
Melee Damage: 11
Melee Combat Speed: 10
Fatigue: 9

Oboy

Fledgling Freddie
Manisch Depressiv said:
Would that work for 50 DW/50 Slash (1.85, Champ/Malice afair)?
Heres mine for 1.85 (44 cs 44 dw spec)

think yours can be a bit better with a little tweak
this is in 2 versions one with crafted lw/malice and the other with ml10/malice for enemies with crush and thrust weapons

lw/malice:

Stats
Str: 103 Int: 0 Hits: 404
Con: 101 Pie: 0 Power: 0
Dex: 43 Cha: 0
Qui: 71 Emp: 0

Resists

Body: 24 Energy: 0 Crush: 17+2
Cold: 0 Matter: 16 Thrust: 16
Heat: 24 Spirit: 16+5 Slash: 26+3

Skills

2 Thrust

11 Stealth

11 Critical Strike

7 Dual Wield

11 Slash

Focus

Cap Increases

5 Dex

200 Hits

26 Str

25 Con

Other Bonuses

5 Fatigue

6 Melee Damage Bonus

51 AF Bonus

10 Melee Speed Bonus

11 Style Damage Bonus

ml10/malice:

Str: 103 Int: 0 Hits: 404
Con: 101 Pie: 0 Power: 0
Dex: 43 Cha: 0
Qui: 71 Emp: 0

Resists

Body: 24 Energy: 0 Crush: 25+2
Cold: 0 Matter: 16 Thrust: 23
Heat: 24 Spirit: 7+5 Slash: 26+3

Skills

2 Thrust

11 Stealth

11 Critical Strike

3 Dual Wield

10 Slash

Focus

Cap Increases

5 Dex

200 Hits

26 Str

25 Con

Other Bonuses

5 Fatigue

8 Melee Damage Bonus

10 Melee Speed Bonus

13 Style Damage Bonus

41 AF Bonus

some resists are abit low but planning to have bb resist and or cl resists up , and aom2 and em1 to be able to boost my magic resist with up to +25% secondary resists

i dont claim this template is better but its relative fair to get and dont use any extra artifacts that has to be leveled and i cba to tweak any more. My main goals are satisfied with this template, 101str/100con/40+dex(for evade cap)/~250 qui/400hits/okish resists/malice and battler in fixed slots so no problems with timers/allows for swaping of mh to boost resists and adopt dmg type/caped af with lw/caped melee spd/okish +dmg% wo using cw

if anyone want complete template i can send thrue PM

edit* artifacts: gov/malice/golm/som/battler in 2hslot, i know no rod but it dosnt fit my playstyle anyway(hello lame sl,pa, remedy,instawinnofun) *edit

bigchief

Fledgling Freddie
liloe said:
Can I PM you my temp without you laughing very loud? =))
The following errors occurred when this message was submitted:
  1. liloe has exceeded their stored private messages quota and can not accept further messages until they clear some space.
:E

so its here instead :p I won't post your msg because it had the link in it

consider the following.

vs many stealthers you won't use GS (because of PD and mid armour tables). So you will be using the LW's. Thats 8%dmg, 8%style, 5%melee speed. Thats not really that amazing.

Also ... you';re going 39cs, 50thrust or not ur going to use cs styles. Must get +cs on the template.

Also ( xd ) ... you're going for a 1.85 template. So why not a 1.85 spec? In 1.85 you get a style with a longer stun than dragonfang at only 15spec. So why not go wyrd spec, up CS and DW, lower thrust to 51mod and increase your dps without losing the stun?

Not sure if you looked at this page but I made a temp for a mate, I personally prefer it to yours. Can have your own opinion of course :) Resists are similar, can swap in GS nps, has same melee bonuses as yours but caps melee speed always. A little less hp but much better skills. Uses 1.85 armour too.

http://vnboards.ign.com/albion_rogue_professions/b20906/99695509/p1/?8

If you want to find me on an evening/weekend on irc feel free, can discuss things much easier there :)

liloe

It's my birthday today!
ok =) Problem solved and yes, you're 100% right about the melee speed, I totally overlooked this, how crap of me =))

Ok so in the end I might just make a temp with just a crafted mainhand and no arti there at all =)

Also you're right about the lvl 15 style vs. DF, just growth rate on DF is higher. My big issue was though, that if I use CS styles, won't garrote+followup be an end hog? I know it takes a good piece of end on the shade I play so I don't wanna get into trouble =)

Your 1.85 temp looks good though, but there are some really friggen tough items in there, so I'll have to check how to get them first.

bigchief

Fledgling Freddie
liloe said:
ok =) Problem solved and yes, you're 100% right about the melee speed, I totally overlooked this, how crap of me =))

Ok so in the end I might just make a temp with just a crafted mainhand and no arti there at all =)

Also you're right about the lvl 15 style vs. DF, just growth rate on DF is higher. My big issue was though, that if I use CS styles, won't garrote+followup be an end hog? I know it takes a good piece of end on the shade I play so I don't wanna get into trouble =)

Your 1.85 temp looks good though, but there are some really friggen tough items in there, so I'll have to check how to get them first.

DF isn't there for the damage, its there to stun. Yes the damage is ok, but the CS styles are much better. Once a target is stunned, use evade chain if you're fast (hasted :)), if not, use pincer. Low end, decent damage, abs debuffs the target!

Yes garotte/AH is an end hog but to be honest, how often do you go without evading? Evade chain is really low end and insane damage. CS styles are much better than thrust ones, in every way.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom