Some common sense please!

Moaning Myrtle

Fledgling Freddie
I am getting pretty frustrated with the number of ML raids that are failing at the moment, either at the outset because not enough people show up, or during for the same reason.

It's no secret that the population is falling all the time, and with the release of new MMORPGs this will only get worse.

Therefore, I'd like to appeal to everyone's common sense in the hope we can change things. There are simply far too many ML raids (in some cases the same ML will be ran within 2 or 3 days of each other), and in order for any effort to work this has to stop.

To ensure good attendance, couldn't we please make sure that each ML is ran no more frequently then once a month? That way the onus is on people to attend or they'll have to wait 4 weeks before their next opportunity, as well as ensuring sufficent numbers to result in a successful raid. With a months notice it also ought to be possible to make sure the raid doesn't clash with any real life commitments.

I'd like to read your genuine comments please. If you can think of a better way to acheive the same outcome then by all means post it for all to see.

Thanks for reading.

arl_dem

Fledgling Freddie
I partely agree

Generally I would agree with you.
But I remember a year ago I had to wait 3 months for a ML4-raid 'cause I just could not be online.
That was not because I don't wanted to, but I had dates, work or whatever which I could not miss.
And too few raids were organised.

At the moment there is only 1 ML-raid active.
I suggest to put (not a month) but 5 days (week) pause between 2 ML-raids.
this way, other raids can be held too without overlapping eachother.

Maybe it seems all have to be in a hurry lately, but it isn't.
People still choose what they want to do :)

Anyway, Rvr could use some help, but that seems to get better these last 2 weeks :D

Well, let's keep the stress of being late and waiting out of Albion, shall we :)

Greetz

Cabalist Calea

Demon2k3

One of Freddy's beloved
once a month is way to less, the raids sharaft is holding is planned, and in some time that i think to. Th reason there was such a mess this wednesday is thaqt shanessa also planned in a ml5 bg the same day.

A solution to this is if sharaft and shan could speak to eachother when they have to plan raids, maybe even run a ml rush together.

Javai

Fledgling Freddie
It would make sense not to have different ML raids clashing as there is probably not the population there was both in absolute terms and who need MLs.

But to limit how often they are run is impractical and unfair on the people who can't make certains days and times.

Since MLs were nerfed you dont need huge numbers for many of them anymore anyway and the ones you do tend to be run quite infrequently.

Moaning Myrtle

Fledgling Freddie
Javai said:
It would make sense not to have different ML raids clashing as there is probably not the population there was both in absolute terms and who need MLs.

But to limit how often they are run is impractical and unfair on the people who can't make certains days and times.

Since MLs were nerfed you dont need huge numbers for many of them anymore anyway and the ones you do tend to be run quite infrequently.

It ought to be about the greater good, anything else is just selfish IMHO. If people have a month's notice then they have 4 weeks to structure commitments around the raid, that isn't hard is it?

We had less then 2 FGs for last nights ML5, which really is a disgrace. This isn't just about last night though, I've seen a decline in attendance over the last 6 months. I can recall attending 3 of Shanessas ML9 raids and none of them were successful, in fact 2 didn't even leave the Haven.

I'd just like to see more raids succeed, but people have to want to change. If there's going to be the usual apathy then nothing will get any better and people will just get more frustrated and fed up, increasing the numbers quitting.

As a community we ought to be doing our part to retain the player base we have. You can play in chaos if you like, but I'd rather not!

Demon2k3

One of Freddy's beloved
Moaning Myrtle said:
It ought to be about the greater good, anything else is just selfish IMHO. If people have a month's notice then they have 4 weeks to structure commitments around the raid, that isn't hard is it?

We had less then 2 FGs for last nights ML5, which really is a disgrace. This isn't just about last night though, I've seen a decline in attendance over the last 6 months. I can recall attending 3 of Shanessas ML9 raids and none of them were successful, in fact 2 didn't even leave the Haven.

I'd just like to see more raids succeed, but people have to want to change. If there's going to be the usual apathy then nothing will get any better and people will just get more frustrated and fed up, increasing the numbers quitting.

As a community we ought to be doing our part to retain the player base we have. You can play in chaos if you like, but I'd rather not!

First of all the reason that raid only got 2fg was that it

1. was doublebooked with sharafts planned ml 3-4bg raid that day. wich btw had huge attendance.

2. It was a arti raid the same day to

And i think more people needed ml 3-4 bg steps before ml 5 bg steps. It's not apathy, it's priority.

Moaning Myrtle

Fledgling Freddie
Demon2k3 said:
First of all the reason that raid only got 2fg was that it

1. was doublebooked with sharafts planned ml 3-4bg raid that day. wich btw had huge attendance.

2. It was a arti raid the same day to

And i think more people needed ml 3-4 bg steps before ml 5 bg steps. It's not apathy, it's priority.

Fair points, all of which I can accept. Perhaps I just suck at picking which raids to attend? Who can say ;)

I am pleased ML3 and 4 were well attended, they were both successful hopefully?

Demon2k3

One of Freddy's beloved
Moaning Myrtle said:
Fair points, all of which I can accept. Perhaps I just suck at picking which raids to attend? Who can say ;)

I am pleased ML3 and 4 were well attended, they were both successful hopefully?

yes they were very sucessfull, even had a laugh when zerging fortress of storms. They went very smoothly.

leviathane

Part of the furniture
ssssh tbh, well lead raid of small people can be just as effective as a poorly lead raid of zergers, just requires ppl to not afk and actually put soem work in themselves. Personally I love all these ml rush's, means i can finally toa up some chars tht have been in the closet :)

rampant

Can't get enough of FH
lots of raids are good, what really needs to happen is that people who run raids shouldn't double book them :) - that means if someone has posted something that night - it is arrogant and selfish if another person comes along and tries to organise another one on the same day / same time..

IMO - raids should be done as frequently as people want to do them - not some strict calender of events. Dont forget that you can get shed-loads of mlxp or clxp by shepherding a group around an ml cl or arti raid.

Xajin

Fledgling Freddie
rampant said:
lots of raids are good, what really needs to happen is that people who run raids shouldn't double book them :) - that means if someone has posted something that night - it is arrogant and selfish if another person comes along and tries to organise another one on the same day / same time..

IMO - raids should be done as frequently as people want to do them - not some strict calender of events. Dont forget that you can get shed-loads of mlxp or clxp by shepherding a group around an ml cl or arti raid.

Well, in Sharafts ML1-2 he mentions he will make a ML raid each 2nd day, so he actually had the right to post a ML raid last wednesday. There'll also be one friday and sunday and so on... now it's said.

I think there has went something wrong in the communication about when to run ML raids between my guildmate Sharaft and Shanessa. I don't want to judge whos "fault" it really was, but I can say none of the two intended to be selfish and arrogant.

psyco

Fledgling Freddie
Xajin said:
Well, in Sharafts ML1-2 he mentions he will make a ML raid each 2nd day, so he actually had the right to post a ML raid last wednesday. There'll also be one friday and sunday and so on... now it's said.

actully, if you read the post, the weekends are free:p

and fyi ive been speaking with shan recently, about a week or 2 ago, he was telling me that he was planning a ml rush for this week, and from what i read on fh shaft was planning at the same time, i would find the post but im 2 lazy

Esselinithia

Fledgling Freddie
If PVE people who like raids for fun would be active, and would enjoy the game it would be easy to get enough people.

Javai

Fledgling Freddie
Moaning Myrtle said:

For some people yes it could be hard to rearrange some things. This is a GAME, for fun, real life commitments are likely to (and probably should) take priority.

Four weeks for a ML is a very long time to wait - the problem is not with frequency but with people choosing not to coordinate raids so that Ml3/4/5 all happen at the same time. Most will give priority in those circumstances to 3 or 4 as 5 is by far the easiest.

Darzil

Fledgling Freddie
Unfortunately some raid leaders tend not to check who else is running stuff.

I just stopped running them, as it wasn't worth the hassle of getting raid clashes all the time.

Darzil

Golena

Fledgling Freddie
There's very few ml steps that can't be completed by a full group these days.

What you need is less people thinking getting credit on an ML raid requires turning up then going afk..

I still do think there's slightly too many these days however.. The number of people still needing ML's is probably fairly small these days.

Sharaft

Fledgling Freddie
i gave a message a good time before shanessa laid out the BG raid that im having a rush now. And we do speak with eachother some times, we do. But its only something like.. "how many on ur raid today mate?" and so on hehe

and my raids havent been failing at all..

just a reminder for you that maybe forgot it but i did actually lead 18 tanks and healers through ML 6. Thats something xD

Corran

Part of the furniture
Mls been made absolutely pointless now days just like rest of PvE. Absolute no challenge left. Basically all can be done with a FG or less apart from what?

ML4.2? (Fortress of storms)

ML9.10 (can be done with 1fg just a slight mistake and it a long time to recover as you got to destory gens again)

Cant really think off any other thing that needs more then 1 decent fg to do it now. Maybe thats just me though!

And suggestion for once a month at most. So basically if someone runs on say a sunday, i cant attend because i have family commitments every sunday and cant get round them (People have a life outside game which take priority unless you are a sad little shit!), you want me to wait at least a month before can organise one myself. In this month people could have done the next couple raids i would have liked to attend but couldnt because i couldnt enter the dungeon (not so much a problem now but could be). So not only has a stupid idea like this prevented running raid to get one ml needed, it prevented getting other mls meaning you looking at least 5weeks before you get all the ones you missed. Im sure people be pleased with that.

Simple matter is, game has less people. Those that left dont roll so many alts as harder to set up pl groups etc. Therefore less people have toons that need mls. And ToA been out so long most poeple already done all there alts (example - Greaper had fully ML'd like 16 different toons many months ago). No matter how few raids you run, you will always have a lower attendance. All this means is putting in a bit more effort into the raid for each person that does attend. All got to do is try avoiding double bookings if can, but you got to remember a simple thing. Just because someone booked a ml8 raid when you doing a ml2 raid doesnt mean that those that go on ml8 would have attended your ML2 raid because in most cases they would have already done it etc etc.

Shannesa

Can't get enough of FH
Maddox and i run diffrent raids but sometimes whe manage doubble book i try look on forums but as many atther its human do manage do doubble book this weekend i run ml 9 6-7 amd 8 fore example i dont think he run any this weekend

Tilda

What happens if people have social lives and can't make 1 raid?
The days have passed where you would struggle to do ML4 if you didn't have 160 people.
Most ML's can be done with 3-4 balanced fg's. If one fails, surley that provices incentive for them to attend the next one?

psyco

Fledgling Freddie
Tilda said:
What happens if people have social lives and can't make 1 raid?

theres no rush... my guess is, if you have a buzy social lives there not really worryed about ml's cuase they dont really add anything, imo...

also they already are likely to have there main char ml10 anyway

Esselinithia

Fledgling Freddie
New players don't have mains, and the ML raids are even more important for them, due lack of xp groups, it is probably the first time they can make new friends, work in groups, etc.

Xajin

Fledgling Freddie
psyco said:
theres no rush... my guess is, if you have a buzy social lives there not really worryed about ml's cuase they dont really add anything, imo...

also they already are likely to have there main char ml10 anyway

don't really add anything?? Don't tell me FoP, ML9 convoker, Crystal titan, Speed warp, Banespike, bodyguard and etc. isn't anything :D

Another thing, even though I've been playing this game for roughly 5 years (since/in open beta phrase 3), then this is my 7th return to DAoC and 7th acc. I'm starting from scratch (again, haha!) so I don't got a ML10.

psyco

Fledgling Freddie
Xajin said:
don't really add anything?? Don't tell me FoP, ML9 convoker, Crystal titan, Speed warp, Banespike, bodyguard and etc. isn't anything :D

Another thing, even though I've been playing this game for roughly 5 years (since/in open beta phrase 3), then this is my 7th return to DAoC and 7th acc. I'm starting from scratch (again, haha!) so I don't got a ML10.

i said they dont really add anything, most ml's are ussless...

hehe, didn't you learn after the 2nd or 3rd time not to sell your accounts?

Moaning Myrtle

Fledgling Freddie
Esselinithia said:
New players don't have mains, and the ML raids are even more important for them, due lack of xp groups, it is probably the first time they can make new friends, work in groups, etc.

Get real - there are no new players and haven't been for a year at least. Everyone knows this.

Phule_Gubben

Fledgling Freddie
Moaning Myrtle said:
Get real - there are no new players and haven't been for a year at least. Everyone knows this.

Apparently you didn't know that.

Esselinithia

Fledgling Freddie
When I look around with /who for specific level ranges (mostly under level 20) I tend to find new players. Today I haven't logged in yet, so in this week I only checked 4 days but on the 4 other days, I found new players.

You know the guys who want their first glowie and happy to raid some level 10-20 area in catacombs for it :) Sadly Alb catacombs is far less promising for them than hib and mid catacombs...

rampant

Can't get enough of FH
Moaning Myrtle said:

WRONG!!!!

only this week - my brother and brother in law have just started playing (Hi stevo), both ex wow who want something with a bit more endplay

you need to get out a bit more and stop looking at daoc with those blinkers your wearing!!!!

Esselinithia

Fledgling Freddie
Hey, if they don't group with new players, don't group with casual players it is easy for them to assume only 1337 fg people exists :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom