Solution to BD's

Bahumat

FH is my second home
necro's kill ppl as fast as mobs lmao how can so many ppl be so ignorant on necro's

ppl think necro's are poor for 1 reason....the ppl playi8hng them just pl ppl not fight ppl hence they have about 20rp. look on duskwave at the top necro's. there are a few good necro's on camlann and they always do really well. all the lvl 20's you see they dont know how to play them so they easy to beat

Hitokiri

Fledgling Freddie
hmm, guess not many here has a played a bd... they arent near as overpowered as u all say.
they have more than double the power use of any other class since u gotta use dark nuke + lifetap to do dmg and eve when ur doing that any other caster can outdmg u without any problems... not very hard to kill a bd either... they are a caster with a 4 sec lifeleech that doesnt even do much dmg...

DirtyKnacker

Fledgling Freddie
they are unbeatable by most melee classes if they have a clue, and rarely lose to a caster should they get within Lifetap distance.

On RvR servers they aint so bad, on PvP they are very overpowered, and really frustrating too :p

[Edit]Infact usualy the only chance to beat them as a caster is MoC or get in an early ae mezz. As a melee you just have to hope they dont know how to (well i wont mention it even though most know allready im not gonna teach any others it) render your melee useless :p

B

Ballad

Hitokiri said:
hmm, guess not many here has a played a bd... they arent near as overpowered as u all say.
they have more than double the power use of any other class since u gotta use dark nuke + lifetap to do dmg and eve when ur doing that any other caster can outdmg u without any problems... not very hard to kill a bd either... they are a caster with a 4 sec lifeleech that doesnt even do much dmg...
Ever logged on Camlann? :twak:

Your reply was kinda ignorant. At 50 only buffed assasins and bolters (and very skilled sorcs) can stand 1 vs 1 with a BD and _only_ if they get the jump.

---

The keyword is strafe. A strafing supp. BD with 2 healing pets spamming lifetap is almost unkillable making you miss your styles and 50% of your attacks. The taps and pets overheal the rest you damage and the commander chases you to Hell and back if you decide to run.

Most casters are just as easy to them; attack with the pets and spam lifetap (and ac debuff if needed) to interrupt their casting.

Mrburns (highest RR BD around) is known by whiping full PvP groups with his healer bot.

---

RvR, which is more or less about zerging or running with FotM setups, does not give rights to BD's. They're a non-groupfriendly farming/PL-bot class that's not needed in "oursavageswtfpwnyou4tw" RvR groups. Ofc it's easy to zerg a BD with numbers but try to face one alone and unbuffed. :puke:

[SS]Gamblor

Fledgling Freddie
Ballad said:
Ever logged on Camlann? :twak:

Your reply was kinda ignorant. At 50 only buffed assasins and bolters (and very skilled sorcs) can stand 1 vs 1 with a BD and _only_ if they get the jump.

umm i can take out a BD with my Friar , even if i get jumped
have done so several times.
yes they do strafe but hey haste makes it less of a problem =)

Fuzzy

Fledgling Freddie
Just a couple of little anti-straffing tricks that you should have figured out by now:
(1) Don't stick when somebody is straffing; use /face instead.
(2) Straff in the oposite direction to the once straffing on you.

Bahumat

FH is my second home
also run off a really high edge and watch the bd gets smashed to pieces....who cares if you die too

Taniko

Fledgling Freddie
[SS]Gamblor said:
umm i can take out a BD with my Friar , even if i get jumped
have done so several times.
yes they do strafe but hey haste makes it less of a problem =)
Haha, believe me at L50 with sc you won't be able to. Very very few melee classes can kill em. Mincers/Pali's(Ye, did it a few times when I critted on both slam and my ametysh slash) and other chars, that are avaible to do some kinda stunning thing

[SS]Gamblor

Fledgling Freddie
Taniko said:
Haha, believe me at L50 with sc you won't be able to. Very very few melee classes can kill em. Mincers/Pali's(Ye, did it a few times when I critted on both slam and my ametysh slash) and other chars, that are avaible to do some kinda stunning thing

I can and have .. read the post again .... :touch:

Bahumat

FH is my second home
if a mincer aoe mezz he has a chancxe......one pet always resists tho, also skalds can mezz 1 healer but a good bd once hit wont lifetap he will leg it as fast as he can, the pets get him full hp then the tank is knakered from sprinting.

B

Ballad

Hey... Our dane is right here. Killing a L50 requires fast and accurate damage and stun of somekind to have... yet very few classes can do it even with these components. My crush merc can do it sometimes, sometimes not. It's all about luck/lag/loot/l33tness tbh. :m00:

Taniko

Fledgling Freddie
Ballad said:
Hey... Our dane is right here. Killing a L50 requires fast and accurate damage and stun of somekind to have... yet very few classes can do it even with these components. My crush merc can do it sometimes, sometimes not. It's all about luck/lag/loot/l33tness tbh. :m00:
Yup.. Wether you do a very good crit on final blow, he accidently grabbed out for his brachwurst etc. But, IF they start hitting me with staff, and I block - I wtfpwn em. Brutalize ftw!

B

Ballad

Taniko said:
Yup.. Wether you do a very good crit on final blow, he accidently grabbed out for his brachwurst etc. But, IF they start hitting me with staff, and I block - I wtfpwn em. Brutalize ftw!
Replace their suppression line with staff spec IMO. :eek:

Moo

Fledgling Freddie
even just making it so that the lifetap was castable but not interruptable would help

would meant they gotta stand still to spam it instead of dancing around strafing melee and chasing people at 1500 range

B

Ballad

Moo said:
even just making it so that the lifetap was castable but not interruptable would help

would meant they gotta stand still to spam it instead of dancing around strafing melee and chasing people at 1500 range
Good point... or just make their lifetap an insta DD with same damage. That would help too... or remove their self buffs... or... anything... please. :(

Moo

Fledgling Freddie
when bds first came out it was like omfg they're so gonna get nerfed everyone could see that mythic was smoking crack when they thought of them.

never happened tho, and wont happen since the only place they show their overpoweredness really is in the rare 1v1 situations on rvr servers and ofc all the time on pvp servers.

But mythic has shown time and time again that it does not care about pvp servers :)

B

Ballad

Moo said:
when bds first came out it was like omfg they're so gonna get nerfed everyone could see that mythic was smoking crack when they thought of them.

never happened tho, and wont happen since the only place they show their overpoweredness really is in the rare 1v1 situations on rvr servers and ofc all the time on pvp servers.

But mythic has shown time and time again that it does not care about pvp servers :)
100% correct I'm afraid. :(

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom