Solution to BD's

Kicks

Fledgling Freddie
It's so blaringly obvious:

Change Lifetap to castable or remove healing pets. Overpoweredness gone while still being a strong class.

Why can't Mythic see this?? :(

Thegreatest

Fledgling Freddie
just reduce insta lifetap to 8sec timer and the range to 700 like most of the other insta dd's and that would be the BEST fix without gimping the class in pve but still making it a viable long and short range killer :touch:

Darksword

Can't get enough of FH
how about reducing heal pets effectivness so they heal half as much and reduce life transfered from however much at 50, 2 50% that way the class doesnt get 2 gimped, puts up a bit of a fight but still goes down 2 a decent player? <Shrug> imo mythic should just made cooler/funner chars than BDer/necro/animist

Thegreatest

Fledgling Freddie
The instant interrupt every 4 seconds is the problem...not how much the pets heal for, not how much you get life transferred back. Insta 4 seconds interrupt means casters can't stand a chance against you within 1500 range.

Amildin

Can't get enough of FH
no1 cares about casters... we tanks are teh key! :flame:

Nuc

Fledgling Freddie
Kicks said:

Change Lifetap to castable or remove healing pets. Overpoweredness gone while still being a strong class.

Cba reading the other reply's but dunno how you can think bd is strong with a castable specc lifetap that does way less dmg then any other baseline lifetap and removing healer pets then bd ( no joke etc ) would prolly be the most gimped class ever.. they got nothing at all then :p
Think before you make worthless threads like these ( and yes i know bds are overpowered in small fights but if your're gonna take their uber solo ability away they need something that makes em good in grps... as it is atm a BD run very fast oop while dd'ing + lifetapping and my chanter can kill waaaaaaaay faster + use much less dmg with dds )

Oh and btw try to compare a darkness specced SM to a BD if it got nerfed like that :p

SM would both deal way better dmg with lifetap , have aoe/pbaoe mezz (pbaoe having uber timer) they would have uber insta aoe dex/quick debuff ( wich is also very usefull ) + a pet that even when unbuffed intercepts damn many hits and is easy one of the best pets in the game...

Now tell me what you were thinking when you made this thread...

I've met a few BDs in RvR.. but they didn't last seconds wiht slam > backstyle. So they're only powerful in PvP, and the theres a simple solution to get rid of them on pvp.. chain them, what ever con they are.. chain them.

Don't let them in guilds, don't grp them and tell them to eat poo pie when they talk to ya.

Bahumat

FH is my second home
one thing casters have toruble with, teh commander he does like 4 dmg but intertupts.

let the bd stay as they are but with 2 healer pets and no commander. the bd cant just run and let commmander do the work then and will have low power from fights.

Sulphur

Fledgling Freddie
Actually a commie can rip down a caster quite effectively especially if he styles :/ (not to mentioned if hes buffed)

Kicks

Fledgling Freddie
Nuc said:
dunno how you can think bd is strong with a castable specc lifetap that does way less dmg then any other baseline lifetap and removing healer pets

Read my suggestion again, notice the word OR not AND but OR. Both these would cripple BD's but one or the other would do the job nicely.

What do you use lifetap for mainly? Interuption and health regen in melee. Intertuption can be done by your commander pet, and you already have two healers for melee.

What gives BD's the right to be stronger in melee than any tank class? They should suffer interupts like any other caster. I would remove the recast timer on it however so it could be chain casted.

I think that is a fair and deserved nerf tbh.

Irakaz

Fledgling Freddie
I have to say I do understand the trouble people have with BD's, but how many of you have actually played them?

I agree that changes need to be made on the BD but play the class before wading in. The BA DOT is laughable, the archer pets . . . enough said. Btw if you kill the commander then the other pets die, then the BD has his lifetap you argue. Ahh but the BD is wearing cloth armour, hmm not too strong.

1 on 1 a BD is tough but they strengths and weaknesses. It might be nice have 3 pets, but not so great when ur healer gets stuck in a wall, or runs into a pack of purps.

The BD is a unique character not just a 1 button spam exercise. I would urge people to play them and then bring their views. Personally i would like to see a nerf of the suppression spec with a longer timer for example, but with fixes to the buggs in the other spec lines to make them more viable.

Darksword

Can't get enough of FH
Sulphur said:
Just make healing pets and insta LT on different spec lines

i believe this is already planned with dark BDer getting healing pets but no lifetap, and supp gets caster pets and inst lifetap. i remember sum 1 telling me about it in guild. in my opinion this will make BDers so much more appealing as dakr BDer already gets str/con buff so 50 dark u will have pets able 2 take more dmg, with healer pets AND the sexy nukes from the dark line, i would personally love 2 play dark BDer then as it would b more fun having 2 balance pets agro in pve and ur nuke dmg, aswell as in pvp having uber nukes but being less viable in close quarter combat. if this is infact true, cant wait for that 2 happen :D:D

spongegob

Fledgling Freddie
Darksword said:
i believe this is already planned with dark BDer getting healing pets but no lifetap, and supp gets caster pets and inst lifetap. i remember sum 1 telling me about it in guild. in my opinion this will make BDers so much more appealing as dakr BDer already gets str/con buff so 50 dark u will have pets able 2 take more dmg, with healer pets AND the sexy nukes from the dark line, i would personally love 2 play dark BDer then as it would b more fun having 2 balance pets agro in pve and ur nuke dmg, aswell as in pvp having uber nukes but being less viable in close quarter combat. if this is infact true, cant wait for that 2 happen :D:D

that would be a really nice option btw :worthy:

Nuc

Fledgling Freddie
Cba reading it all again but you really should try a BD before you come up with all these ways to nerf em.. either of the nerfs you suggested would make em crap :p if they removed healers only they would need to replace em with something cuz the commander isnt great at all no matter what you say :p That would also result in most BDs losing most 1on1's ( prolly not my bd but most of the others wouldnt stand a chance against most classes cuz their heals would simply be outdmged too easy ) + the BD would still go oop very quick if you dd+debuff+lifetap on the same time wich is the only way u get a good dmg output..So basicly it would get soloed by most chars and be even more worthless in 8vs8 then it already is.

Deepfat

Fledgling Freddie
As for being useless in an 8v8 fight yes BDs as almost as bad as any character gets. The problem with Bds that folks have in general in reference to Camlann is the insane amount of damage it takes to kill one.

I think most people want (players of BDs and non players of BDs) is a situation where there's some more utility for the class in group at the expense of the uber soloing ability the class has. It's a fine line to walk and as we have to wait for our patches from US servers nothing seems to be changing. We can only watch and wait to some degree I guess...

Jardar

Fledgling Freddie
Bonedancer's arent that overpowered imo. There are many ways to take a down a BD, you just have to be a good player. Any good caster could nuke a bd to death before the pets even react.

But if they would nerf them, the only thing they needed to do would be to make lifetap 700 range. Should fix it!

Kicks

Fledgling Freddie
Jardar said:
Bonedancer's arent that overpowered imo. There are many ways to take a down a BD, you just have to be a good player. Any good caster could nuke a bd to death before the pets even react.

lol all the BD has to do is /face and lifetap, dead caster unless moc. Try fighting one.

I'm in favour of giving them more utility but atm 2 healers plus 4 sec insta lifetap is too much and needs to be dealt with either alongside or before more utility.

Bahumat

FH is my second home
if they had lifetap and no pets you would have a chance, if they only had pets you would have a chance.

the problem is they have good advantages and lots of them that work well together.

even a 6 second lifetap would be awkward to beat them, i say delete em and make a new char

a caster who can have 10 healer pets and legion as an offensive pet

Jardar

Fledgling Freddie
I have a level 50bd, and i constantly meet other bd's with my other level 50's... So i know all about BD's meit :)

Still think bd's are ok as they are atm... the only nerf that i could think of would be the 700 range on lifetap. If you remove anymore, they would get really owned.

Aldrian

Fledgling Freddie
Ive always wondered, why the hell is the INSTA 1500 range ? No other insta dmg spell in game is full castable dd range afaik.. Put it to 700 or something like others, you could still use it in melee etc like now but not interrupt normal casters at full range, bd's would still have the advantage with healer pets

Overdriven

Dumpster Fire of The South
Carminae said:
BD will be never nerfed :cheers:

Carminae, french Infiltrator.

I agree with you :/
They're overpowered and underpowered.

So they can lifetap... who cares. If you get a stun off on the BD it'll die before the pets react. - Backstyles hurt.

[I've tested this.. with fully dex buffed healer pets and all sheilds up.]

B

Ballad

Kicks said:

Sounds like a dark SM. :m00:

Eeben

Fledgling Freddie
Deepfat said:
As for being useless in an 8v8 fight yes BDs as almost as bad as any character gets.

What will u call a necro ? what can they do ? they can solo mobs ^^

OMG lets all make necro's :twak:

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom