Solo LW Tank Questions...

Danamyr

Fledgling Freddie
Can anyone give me an idea as to whether a Hero or Champion would be a better choice as a solo LW character and why?

Additionally, how does the LW line compare to the 2H line in terms of damage?

TIA.

Fuaip

Can't get enough of FH
Can anyone give me an idea as to whether a Hero or Champion would be a better choice as a solo LW character and why?

Additionally, how does the LW line compare to the 2H line in terms of damage?

TIA.

For solo LW i'd go for Champion. The debuffs makes up for the enemy attackspeed compared to yours and makes their HP come down to your level. The main difference between Heroes and Champions except the debuffs is the hitpoints. Heroes can get to 3.5k and Champions is most likely max 2.8k.

As said the debuffs makes up for the hits but why i would pick champion is the attack speed decrese debuffs.

And if you mean if the LW line is same damage as the 2H line, then yes. Not really a big difference.

censi

Can't get enough of FH
I think champs can strugle a little bit in the early days to a good old fashioned PA chain and dot spike grind. when you climb the RR's, get your rr5 get some of the OP timer RA's, you will quickly get to a stage where your pummelling the majority of opponents you meet.

Hero doesnt have the means to fuck your opponent over, no BL, no class debuffs. So its basically a bit of a donkey that can take a battering but can also deliver a battering.

aika

Can't get enough of FH
I'd say deffo champion, those debuffs are nasty :( the redcon haste debuff make me wanna cry irl :<

Tallen

Fledgling Freddie
Champ :)

Of the two Champs are better suited to be LW users while hero's are more defensive tanks with a LW option.

Danamyr

Fledgling Freddie
Thanks for the replies so far.

What would you do for spec?

50 LW is obvious, but how about Valor? To 50 or less?

I am considering 50 LW, 50 Valor and 28 Parry.

Dex is irrelevant AFAIK for LW users so Celt for the higher Qui or Firby for the Str?

aika

Can't get enough of FH
Thanks for the replies so far.

What would you do for spec?

50 LW is obvious, but how about Valor? To 50 or less?

I am considering 50 LW, 50 Valor and 28 Parry.

Dex is irrelevant AFAIK for LW users so Celt for the higher Qui or Firby for the Str?

Firby cant be a champ
celt for the looks, or shar for the STR
but... looks>all!

(luri for the females) :)

Raven

Happy Shopper Ray Mears
FH Subscriber
champs suffer from a lower weapon skill than a hero but have some nice debuffs Hero has RR9 ofc and you can spec more in parry. with a champ you have to spec in valour to make it even worth rolling a champ

being biased i would roll a hero, back in the day i loved playing a solo hero but tbh heavy tanks have had far to much love and have become pretty boring to play

roll a champ

Punishment

Resident Freddy
Champion for sure :D

Only issue is for solo do you spec :

50 Large Weapon 50 Valour 28 Parry
Or ...

50 Large Weapon 40 Valour 40 Parry
:D

aika

Can't get enough of FH
imo 50 valour and +11 parry in template... those debuffs are a killer.

Punishment

Resident Freddy
With 28+11+RR parry and Moparry3 you should be approaching Parry cap anyway which is 50%

Fuaip

Can't get enough of FH
Champion for sure :D

Only issue is for solo do you spec :

50 Large Weapon 50 Valour 28 Parry
Or ...

50 Large Weapon 40 Valour 40 Parry
:D

Bad idea. You'd really want that 10 shield for engage, especially with those new sick archer things if i've heard right. A small remix of those could be:

Most used except slam: 50LW, 50Valor, 27Parry and 10 Shield (0points left)

or parrystyle: 50LW, 41Parry, 39Valor, 10 Shield (12points left)

The last one is what i've been running for ages when solo, but with new patch and new +11parry temp im gonna try out the 50/50/27/10 spec, so gonna end up with 47parry and MoParry4 + red debuffs, as i would gúess it is the best spec for high RR's if they wanna solo.

With 28+11+RR parry and Moparry3 you should be approaching Parry cap anyway which is 50%

Are you sure about that? Is there maybe a way to test? :p

Danamyr

Fledgling Freddie
Are you sure about that? Is there maybe a way to test? :p

It's simple maths if it is the same formula for blocking. Base 25% chance (I think) to Parry, then 0.5% per point in Parry & RR with whatever you have in MoP on top.

Vodkafairy

Fledgling Freddie
red debuffs don't really have any advantage over yellow debuffs because of the way they are applied. they will have a little less resistrate and debuff 5 to 10 statpoints more per debuff (from 140ish to 150ish) but a lot higher powercost. dd is a nice dmg add though.

below 50 theres a stopping point at 42 (red end redux buff, but not really needed over yellow imo) and 40 (second best dd, capping s/c buff), then 39 which is most often used with 50lw/42s/39v

10 shield can be nice but if you are quick with the timers the archer won't get many shots in either way.

lw should always be 50 though, no doubt about that

for pure duels, 50/40/40 is probably the most effective spec, but for actual 'soloing' (ie: (moccing) casters and a load of other bullshit) slam is really valuable

Fuaip

Can't get enough of FH
for pure duels, 50/40/40 is probably the most effective spec, but for actual 'soloing' (ie: (moccing) casters and a load of other bullshit) slam is really valuable

Well, can't really agree at all about the slam is the most "valuable" for real soloing. Alot more than half of what you fight isn't casters, and maybe one of 10 fights you meet a MoCing caster. If you meet a MoCing caster, pop ST and if that isnt up just strafe and u can get him stunned with annihilation.
Problem with the slam spec is ofc that when slam duration is down, you are gonna take shitloads of damage, so if you fight some opponent with purge up, he will blow it as you are gonna hit him hard. So you got nothing to defend your self with, and unless you are gonna dump loads of timers you will die most of the fights if the enemy is any good.

Tuthmes

FH is my second home
50lw/50v/28p or 50lw/42s/39v

Can spec 50(blunt/blades)/42s/39v aswell and basically kill every melee'r out there, but when you come across a moc'ing caster, your fked 9/10.

Imgormiel

Part of the furniture
50lw/50v/28p or 50lw/42s/39v

Can spec 50(blunt/blades)/42s/39v aswell and basically kill every melee'r out there, but when you come across a moc'ing caster, your fked 9/10.

/wave Tutty!!!:england:

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom