Solaris (2002) *Spoilers*

N

nath

Has anyone seen this film?

Just finished watching it, have to say really enjoyed it. You don't get many interesting slow paced explorative science fiction films nowadays. All seem to be focused on special effects and action.

The most glaringly obvious comparison to make is to 2001: A Space Odyssey. There are a lot of similarities, it has to be said, but I don't think that's a bad thing. It's nice to see a film that tries to make you think, something that requires a bit of effort on the viewers part, rather than being a completely passive affair like so many films nowadays.

What I got from it was that it was about memory, grief, consciousness and perhaps religion or maybe just afterlife. I dunno, I've just finished watching about 10mins ago so I'm not entirely sure what I make of it but it's very refreshing to see such a modern film be made in such an old fashioned "work it out yourself" kinda way.

Anyway, it's becoming more and more obvious that I have absolutely no idea what I'm talking about so I'll stop gibbering on. Any ideas on this film, spout them here.

C

.Cask

It built up and built up and built up... but nothing happened. And then I realised it wasn't building up it was just boring and slow all the way through.

Really did not enjoy watching it one bit. Mindless violence all the way :)

N

nath

I presume you didn't like 2001 much then..

And you didn't think much of the twist of him finding out he was one of the phantoms himself? If that's actually what happened..

S

Slider_

I liked it but i did think they were trying to be to much like 2001-2010 Tho as you say not a bad thing they just didnt quite pull it off.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom