SOE looking to steal some of DayZ's fire... in MMO form

BloodOmen

I am a FH squatter
That's right, sandbox zombie MMO incoming from Sony, will be F2P. If Bohemia aren't already shitting themselves they should be, because on paper this sounds 100x better than DayZ.

SOE has just released more information on its upcoming F2P zombie MMO H1Z1. In a letter posted to Reddit just moments ago, President John Smedley explained his vision for the game. "It's a massively multiplayer game in which players fight for survival in a world where death is the only sure thing," he writes. Set in middle America with a distinct zombie flavor, the game will be a sandbox with a "deep crafting system" with which "players can build shelters out of resources in the world" and "work together to make amazing fortresses complete with weaponry to help defend against both the Infected and other players."

How is the game different from the multitudes of other kill-or-be-killed post-apoc zombie sandboxes already in existence? Smed says it's a persistent MMO with thousands of players and different rulesets, a strong economy, open looting in PvP, access to devs, an emphasis on "player ownership and building," and cool tech borrowed from PlanetSide 2. The studio plans to have a player-playable version within four to six weeks; it will fall under the $15 All Access Pass and have microtransactions but will not be P2W.

Have a look at the first released screenies below. The Game Talk Live stream is now over.

[Source: SOE press release]

http://massively.joystiq.com/2014/04/09/soes-h1z1-is-a-zombie-flavored-sandbox-after-all

old.Tohtori

FH is my second home
Damn, i know SOE stuff ain't for everyone, but this might be my wow killer :unsure:

BloodOmen

I am a FH squatter
I'm not holding my breath but SOE do have the potential to deliver, they have so many amazing resources at their disposal at the moment, to list but a few:

Planetside 2 engine (they did say they would use PS2 tech)
The whole voxel thing they're doing with EQN (imagine that in this?)
Financial resources
Talented developers

They have everything required to make an amazing game out of this... here's to hoping they can pull it off.

old.Tohtori

FH is my second home
Yeah and if it's atleast dayZ level of gameplay in an MMO setting then it should be atleast "fine". Mostly just want an Mumurbeger setting to kill zombies(i don't count dayZ etc as mmorpg).

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom