SOE bought out now independent developer

Discussion in 'Role Playing Games' started by Ormorof, Feb 2, 2015.

1. Ormorof

Ormorof FH is my second home

2. BloodOmen

BloodOmen I am a FH squatter

Aye I just read it, interesting.. wonder what this means for Everquest Next and Everquest Next Landmark.

3. Raven

Raven Brrrrr!

Simplified into oblivion for console mouth breathers. Which is the way WoW is heading, I wouldn't be surprised if that gets released on consoles before long.

4. BloodOmen

BloodOmen I am a FH squatter

Well given how Everquest Next looked anyway it was already fairly evident it was going to consoles due to the dumbed down skill bar (6 skills I think it was)

5. Moriath

Moriath I am a FH squatter

It makes commercial sense to widen your game to the most amount of users. Unless you are subsidised by a hardware manufacturer.

6. Gwadien

Gwadien Uneducated Northern Cretin

This is being discussed alot over at PS2, apparently, one of the owners of this firm that took over is a HUGE Everquest fan, so whilst it may not look good for PS2 in particular, it might be brilliant for the company as a whole if they're looking to invest, rather than making money and selling it on.

7. Fefner

Fefner Can't get enough of FH

Playing H1Z1 atm and the devs have told us that more money and resources will be pumped into the game, weather it's true is another thing but they are releasing patches and fixes quite quickly.

8. Ctuchik

Ctuchik FH is my second home

Not independent in any way...

9. Ormorof

Ormorof FH is my second home

and they've already laid off a bunch of their staff, not a great start!

10. Ctuchik

Ctuchik FH is my second home

That's what happens when you let venture capital companies take over.