Motoring So you've won the Euromillions...

DaGaffer

Down With That Sorta Thing
...and have a great deal more money than sense. Which of these environmentally friendly (LOL) hybrid hypercars will you be tooling around the Riveria in this summer?

McLaren P1?
maclaren p1.jpg

Porsche 918?
Porsche-918.jpg

Or (OMG I can't believe they've given it such a wanky name) La Ferrari?
laferrari.jpeg

Raven

Fuck the Tories!
FH Subscriber
The 918...but I would pull out whatever wanky engine they have put in it.

Gwadien

Uneducated Northern Cretin
I'd donate it all to charity

The McLaren... :p

Access Denied

It was like that when I got here...
None of the above!! Gimme a '67 Shelby GT500 and I'm in petrol head heaven.

Cerb

I am a FH squatter
The Porche is the only one of the three that has any style or class imo so I'd probably go with that.

Given the choice though I'd probably go with a DB5 (classy as fuck, looks gorgeous and you feel like bond) and a Merc SLR McLaren for when I wanted a bit of Oomph.

Aston-Martin-DB5-James-Bond-Edition-1964-Photo-18.jpg

mercedes-benz-mclaren-slr-722-04.jpg

TdC

Trem's hunky sex love muffin
I'd prolly buy a manky old land rover and spend the rest traveling the world. Or maybe an Alfa Romeo 4C or something classy like that.

DaGaffer

The Porche is the only one of the three that has any style or class imo so I'd probably go with that.

Given the choice though I'd probably go with a DB5 (classy as fuck, looks gorgeous and you feel like bond) and a Merc SLR McLaren for when I wanted a bit of Oomph.

mercedes-benz-mclaren-slr-722-04.jpg

So you talk about the Porsche being the only one with any class and then you say you'd like an SLR (vehicle of choice for boxers, gangsters and WAGS)? Does not compute.

I do find the comments about classics amusing. I used to work on classic car magazines, and our publishing director had a DB5. Beautiful to look at but absolutely appalling to drive. All old cars are the same.

I'd prolly buy a manky old land rover and spend the rest traveling the world. Or maybe an Alfa Romeo 4C or something classy like that.

Dude, the Euromillions this week is €40 million. Much as I like old Land Rovers and love the 4C (I really hope it doesn't suck), they'd barely make a dent in a month's interest.

Cerb

I am a FH squatter
So you talk about the Porsche being the only one with any class and then you say you'd like an SLR (vehicle of choice for boxers, gangsters and WAGS)? Does not compute.

I do find the comments about classics amusing. I used to work on classic car magazines, and our publishing director had a DB5. Beautiful to look at but absolutely appalling to drive. All old cars are the same.

Dude, the Euromillions this week is €40 million. Much as I like old Land Rovers and love the 4C (I really hope it doesn't suck), they'd barely make a dent in a month's interest.
I spose I was talking about on a "looks basis". I've never known anyone who has owned any of these cars so it's not like I know who drives what. On a purely aesthetic basis I think that the Porche looks like the only one of those three with any class. I've heard on top gear (which is where any and all of the little car knowledge I have coems from) that the SLR is fun to drive, and I think it looks nice so I'd go with that.

I have heard that classic and muscle cars drive like mules (I can't even imagine driving without power steering tbh), but I've just always thought they looked really beautiful, and it may turn out that I'd hate to drive one, but I'd love to eventually buy a project car ala - http://boston.craigslist.org/gbs/cto/3595214256.html and try to learn while doing while working on it.

Scouse

Giant Thundercunt
FH Subscriber
*cough*

Edit:
I "did the maths" and if you won £40m and wanged it in a bank account at 4% interest, that interest alone would buy you 266 of them every year.

Or a new one every working day of the year :)

Olgaline

FH is my second home
I'd start by:

1 - building a heated garage
2 - Pick out 6-7 Cars (from a little errand car, a propper sports car, a classic, a highway cruiser, the family wagon - to a big ass suv)
3 - build from that

Gray

FH is my second home
Should i win the Lottery i probably wouldn't buy it on a Supercar, just look what happened with that moron at Man City who couldn't control his car. I'd rather enjoy my millions than either be dead or having someone elses death on my conscience ;)

So, give me a Volvo or something!

TdC

Trem's hunky sex love muffin

sorry Gaff cars don't give me the raging horn any more, and I only like a very limited set of them (two Alfa Romeo's, most of the Porsche 911's from between mmmm 1980 and 1986, and the older landrovers. Also the old Beatles. And the Citroen Rally Raid. AND EVERY SINGLE UNIMOG!!!!14) but that's it.

What I'd really do with that amout of dosh is this: last time I was in NZ there was a station for sale. A squillion hectares of land, a lake and part of a river, some hills and a bit of a mountain. iirc it was up for something like 16M Kiwi funny money. I'd buy that and go live on it. Get some mountain bikes. Invite my mates round. Travel the world when I get bored. Maybe collect Unimogs in my spare time.

Olgaline

FH is my second home
If you love cars enough to merrit buying a super car, why would you be willing to settle for just one car ?
unless it's about showing off ? in that case - blow away! ;)

Himse

FH is my second home
If I won say 100m, i'd bank £90m and spend £10m on a house/cars/stupid holiday.

Then just live on 90m for the rest of my life doing whatever I wanted, I wouldn't buy property or anything, I'd just stay in awesome places / fly first class etc.

Olgaline

FH is my second home
First class is overrated :/ - it's nice, but no where near worth the mullar
A private jet however.... ... ..... ....

Himse

FH is my second home
Too much money lol, you have to be pretty well off to have a private jet, they cost like what, £30m? alone, let alone fuel, landing taxes etc etc..

caLLous

I am a FH squatter
FH Subscriber
I would get a Honda NSX, it was always my favourite car growing up. And then something ridiculous and German with a big dirty AMG engine in it because they sound fanfuckingtastic. Something like the new SLS Black.

Edmond

Is now wearing thermals.....Brrrrr
Out of those 3, i'd have the P1 cos i think its sexy as hell, but i would probably opt for an Aston at the end of the day.

But it wouldn't be an everyday car, for that i'd get something simple like an RS3

DaGaffer

I wouldn't actually buy a Hypercar either. A 911 or similar would do, couple of family cars and something for track days. If it was the really big Euromillions (100m+), I'd be more interested in buying an Explorer Yacht.

Wazzerphuk

FH is my second home
I would get a Honda NSX, it was always my favourite car growing up. And then something ridiculous and German with a big dirty AMG engine in it because they sound fanfuckingtastic. Something like the new SLS Black.

NSX's are almost as attractive as Fiat Multiplas.

DaGaffer

sorry Gaff cars don't give me the raging horn any more, and I only like a very limited set of them (two Alfa Romeo's, most of the Porsche 911's from between mmmm 1980 and 1986, and the older landrovers. Also the old Beatles. And the Citroen Rally Raid. AND EVERY SINGLE UNIMOG!!!!14) but that's it.

What I'd really do with that amout of dosh is this: last time I was in NZ there was a station for sale. A squillion hectares of land, a lake and part of a river, some hills and a bit of a mountain. iirc it was up for something like 16M Kiwi funny money. I'd buy that and go live on it. Get some mountain bikes. Invite my mates round. Travel the world when I get bored. Maybe collect Unimogs in my spare time.

Never fancied being a farmer, but with views like this from your kitchen window, might be worth it.
Hunter Valley Station - Lake Hawea - nzFarms.png

CorNokZ

Currently a stay at home dad
A classic Morgan. I spent three weeks in Cannes last summer, walking up and down the Riviera every day seeing Lambos, McLarens, Ferraris, Mercedeses, BMWs, Porsches, Audi R8s and what not. The one car that stood out and made me drool was an old classic Morgan. Everyone turned their head when it came gliding down the street. Got some sweet pictures of it somewhere

I'd much rather have a classic, almost impossible to get, car than a new modern one which anyone with cash can just ring up the manufacturer and order

Raven

Fuck the Tories!
FH Subscriber
A mates dad used to be high up the food chain at Morgan, awful cars really...the newer ones anyway.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom