So who's going to Tor Anroc? (KEP clone)

Vepo

Fledgling Freddie
This will be a question that a lot of guilds will be asking; however I imagine a lot of guilds don't yet know about this news as they are probably still ingame playing :)

Soazak

Part of the furniture
Not me, I'm gonna be one of the selfish folk who prey everyone else moves so I don't have to risk jumping over to a server with about 200 people on it total.

Rayko

One of Freddy's beloved
staying for sure :) having loads of fun, and the waiting queues are still pretty much okay at the Order side... Longest I've had was like 20 min
Just roll Order tbh :p

dee777

Loyal Freddie
I wonder if any of the "OMGZOMGFIXTEHQEUUEUEUES!!!" guys will show up in this thread and declare that he of course will change servers to be part of the solution...

//edit: BTW, before anyone jumps to conclusions, I rerolled around day 2 or 3 of the SE headstart.

cHodAX

I am a FH squatter
Who is moving to the KEP clone?

My guild Lords of England is in heavy discussion with regards to moving or not, I am pretty sure we would move if we knew the clone was going to have a decent population but our fear is that most will risk staying on KEP and the clone will effectively be dead. Our guild chose KEP in the first place because we knew alot of old Prydwen guilds were going there and we were desperate to renew old friendships and rivalries but now it looks like that community is going to be further diluted with the server clone.

So, I thought I should make a thread to try and gauge the opinions of other KEP players but particularly other guilds. We will only move if we know others will be doing the same but more importantly other guilds in both factions, we want to be certain that there will be strong organised enemies to fight but also strong guilds in our own faction to call upon.

If any guild leaders are reading this I would love to hear your thoughts on the potential move. Thanks.

Kev

One of Freddy's beloved
Durka Durka will not be moving unless a significant portion of the community move. I am sure it will be a case of if we all move then the queue will move with us.

cHodAX

I am a FH squatter
Durka Durka will not be moving unless a significant portion of the community move. I am sure it will be a case of if we all move then the queue will move with us.

It won't Kev, the old Prydwen guilds don't even account for 1/2 of the population on KEP. That means a medium populated server if we all move and KEP remains full but with no queues, I just wish there was a way that we could all just decide to move and claim a server for ourselves.

Fafnir

Resident Freddy
It won't Kev, the old Prydwen guilds don't even account for 1/2 of the population on KEP. That means a medium populated server if we all move and KEP remains full but with no queues, I just wish there was a way that we could all just decide to move and claim a server for ourselves.
Well we all could. :)

ps. if you see Fafnir the Ironbreaker KEEEL the namestealer.

Muylaetrix

Can't get enough of FH
in the US, almost NOONE moved.

seems like everyone is going ... there are other people gone move.

and it really is a choice from move now because if you move in 1 week time, all the advancement you will have made since the moment the cloned will not be included on the new server.

Cadelin

Resident Freddy

I agree. Going on the evidence from US where very few people moved it would seem that if all the DaoC guilds that went 8 peaks for the organised RvR moved then it would be quite successful. No queues and decent rvr. I guess it really needs the leaders of just a few of the big rvr guilds to move and the rest will follow.

Prudil

One of Freddy's beloved
If the "#prydwen.war" and the "white rose" cooperation guilds would move as a unit then we know there would be a decent population on both sides. The new server would soon get the same reputation as Eight Peaks have atm - a competitive server. That alone would attract people and would result in a healthy population for the end game.

Soazak

Part of the furniture
I agree. Going on the evidence from US where very few people moved it would seem that if all the DaoC guilds that went 8 peaks for the organised RvR moved then it would be quite successful. No queues and decent rvr. I guess it really needs the leaders of just a few of the big rvr guilds to move and the rest will follow.

Similary on US though a very small handful moved, the big guilds stayed put and Skull throne has pretty much ended up with a nice high/high population, little or no queues. The clone on the other hand has low/low, people can't do scenarios as there are no people to fight against :(

Everyone i've talked to in game so far has said they're staying put, which I think will probably be the case, but all we need is a small handful of people to leave :flame:

the queues are not actually that bad as they are. I don't CTD myself, but it happens to guild m8s when we're queueing for a scenario :/

Killgorde

Loyal Freddie
If the "#prydwen.war" and the "white rose" cooperation guilds would move as a unit then we know there would be a decent population on both sides. The new server would soon get the same reputation as Eight Peaks have atm - a competitive server. That alone would attract people and would result in a healthy population for the end game.

The only concern is that if Prydwen and WR both jumped ship (WR alone has around 1500 involved) would that kill 8 Peaks and force a mass migration of "none ex-daoc" guilds? We could end up with the same situation reversed. It's a tough call.

Enli

Fledgling Freddie
The only concern is that if Prydwen and WR both jumped ship (WR alone has around 1500 involved) would that kill 8 Peaks and force a mass migration of "none ex-daoc" guilds? We could end up with the same situation reversed. It's a tough call.
diff server, less techn difficulties?

dee777

Loyal Freddie
The interesting part is that all of a sudden people seem to be ok with "huge queues"...

Soazak

Part of the furniture
The interesting part is that all of a sudden people seem to be ok with "huge queues"...

I think it's always been like this, just a minoirty that should very loud :)

The queues are not all that bad, a 300 queue takes around 30 minutes...but it's obviously proportional to the amount of CTDs,

2-3 hour queues was bad but expected at launch, now i've not seen one over 30 minutes. Perhaps it's just the times i log in, but I'm ok with it.

Vintersorg

Can't get enough of FH

The queues are not all that bad, a 300 queue takes around 30 minutes...but it's obviously proportional to the amount of CTDs,

2-3 hour queues was bad but expected at launch, now i've not seen one over 30 minutes. Perhaps it's just the times i log in, but I'm ok with it.

Lucky you...I've spent over an hour in queue last time I logged on K8P to play with some RL friends...

Maasu

Fledgling Freddie
Already moved personally, am on Eltharion with some real life mates while KEP calms down a bit.

Fafnir

Resident Freddy

Well when i'm off work i dont really mind the que, gives me time to do stuff in peace. But work days its a pain, takes 1/4-½ of my game time.

twix112

Fledgling Freddie
the queues isn't that bad... log in right when you get home and then start making dinner... if it's a queue you have time to eat without stress and it's not like the queues are 2h anymore, I haven't seen any long queues for a while max 45 min..

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom