So where's my damn email?

T

tris-

dunno what your version of 24 hours is but mine is a lot longer than this...

C

-chancer-

its been down most of the day now :(

wanted to play daoc an chill with a few beers tonight

S

svartmetall

It's going to take them 24 hours to send us our pwords, 8 days after they realised something was afoot?

S

svartmetall

Originally posted by -chancer-
its been down most of the day now :(

wanted to play daoc an chill with a few beers tonight
Yeah...it's my day off, I'm PAYING to play this fucking game, where's my game, GOA? My money goes to pay your salaries, so where's my fucking game?

S

squalion

Originally posted by svartmetall
Yeah...it's my day off, I'm PAYING to play this fucking game, where's my game, GOA? My money goes to pay your salaries, so where's my fucking game?

isntalled on ur pc :p, just not working atm :p

C

-chancer-

trust me you gettin pissed off with them aint gonna make them speed it up just think they were probably expectin to finish work at 5 go for a few beers them selves there still there workin behind the scences

T

tris-

your paying 30pence a day, which goa will give you back in sub time, your not losing out.

J

Jeron

So where's my damn email?

Hopefully they will have taken note of the amount of annoying, pointless, whiney crap you have posted today, and make sure it is sent out last

A

Acun

This shit reminds me of the early days ..when the big ddos attack remember?

S

svartmetall

Yes, I am, it's my DAY OFF, I want to play the game I pay to play now, not in 3 days' time.

Given that GOA have NEVER EVER replied to my RightNever queries, you'll understand if I'm less than hopeful when they say they might send me an email some day with a new password.

M

Meerclar

getting pissed off might not achieve anything but its our god given right as consumers to blow off steam about this whole screwed up situation.
blowing off steam here is our only immediate option due to the fact that anything sent to GOA wont be read by them for god knows how long and probably wont even warrant a reply from them.
its painfull to see so many ppl have already gotten their passwords and are back to "enjoying" the game they have paid for when like me you are still waiting for a new password.
i hope the next mmorpg i go for is better run than this shambles.

feeling less steamed now ;-)

S

svartmetall

Re: Re: So where's my damn email?

Originally posted by Jeron
Hopefully they will have taken note of the amount of annoying pointless, whiney crap you have posted today, and make sure it is sent out last
Show me an example of anything I say being 'pointless' or 'whiny'?

We pay to play this game. We cannot play it because, it seems, fairly basic security precautions have not been taken. You think this is OK?

S

svartmetall

Originally posted by Meerclar
getting pissed off might not achieve anything but its our god given right as consumers to blow off steam about this whole screwed up situation.
blowing off steam here is our only immediate option due to the fact that anything sent to GOA wont be read by them for god knows how long and probably wont even warrant a reply from them.
its painfull to see so many ppl have already gotten their passwords and are back to "enjoying" the game they have paid for when like me you are still waiting for a new password.
i hope the next mmorpg i go for is better run than this shambles.

feeling less steamed now ;-)
Exactly. It's an inevitable reaction to being denied what we are due.

C

Cyradix

I'm not pissed because they are doing this, I'm just a little pissed they are doing it without warning....

S

syri

Re: Re: Re: So where's my damn email?

Show me an example of anything I say being 'pointless' or 'whiny'?

We pay to play this game. We cannot play it because, it seems, fairly basic security precautions have not been taken. You think this is OK?
are you saying that goa and mythic should have made the game and the servers able to foresee EVERY possible wat in which they could be hacked??
that's simply not possible, you can only protect so much at launch, and then just fix issues as and when they become a problem. if nobody exploits something, nobody knows it's there....

M

Myddrin

You might find trying to guess your new password will pass the time - its challenging and fun. Also, with the brand new 'case sensitive feature' you are guaranteed hours of suspense.

Good luck!

B

brite

Originally posted by Myddrin
You might find trying to guess your new password will pass the time - its challenging and fun. Also, with the brand new 'case sensitive feature' you are guaranteed hours of suspense.

Good luck!

beats playing the game anyday

S

svartmetall

Originally posted by Myddrin

Good luck!
sNurglFLurgl666

...took me quite a while to work it out, you were right.

S

stunned

So that makes ppl who did not read the homepage and thus unaware of this, typing in wrong password and getting suspened.

Such brilliant thinking imo.

G

granny

Re: Re: Re: Re: So where's my damn email?

Originally posted by syri
are you saying that goa and mythic should have made the game and the servers able to foresee EVERY possible wat in which they could be hacked??
that's simply not possible, you can only protect so much at launch, and then just fix issues as and when they become a problem. if nobody exploits something, nobody knows it's there....

OK correct me if I'm wrong (a common occurrence) but didn't the people who perpetrated the entire random-epic-mobs-at-apk thing state they were doing it to highlight the security issues with daoc that they'd tried bringing to Mythic/GOA's attention but had been ignored?

Seems to me that it's us, the paying customers, who are now left getting a 2nd rate service as these self-same security holes are patched.

It's like GOA are trying to make us piss off to SWG....

T

tris-

some maths bod work out how many passwords can be made out of 9 characters from

1- 9
A-Z lower case
A-Z upper case

;)

O

old.Atrox

Originally posted by Acun
This shit reminds me of the early days ..when the big ddos attack remember?

ahh GOA's first Patch fuck up :D

S

skerit XP

The lowest security precautions ...

How the hell do you know what security they have ... unless, offcourse, you took a peek inside their computers... You're my prime suspect! :D

T

the_smurflord

The password is 8 characters long.

218,340,105,584,896 possible combinations

A

Aoln

my passwords been changed but no emails have been sent :eek:

A

Aoln

Originally posted by the_smurflord
The password is 8 characters long.

218,340,105,584,896 possible combinations