So when can I expect to subscribe?

T

Teh Fonz!!1

Was clicking subscribe all night in the hope I could get to the actual subscription page rather than the 'We are busy - come back later' page.

Tried it early this morning, I even tried it at 5 o'clock in the morning. Still nothing, it was busy (?!)

When do you think someone like me can just subscribe without having to wait for anyone else clogging up my subscription server?

Later this afternoon?

Tonight?

Tomorrow?

Saturday?

Do I have to pay for the days I've been unable to play?

Why do GOA have a highly used subscription page that contains 564 Gigabytes of pretty pictures that never correctly load anyway? (Seriously, just give us a text based one - please)

G

Gravity

dont worry - i have been trying to login to register a new account since 7am - i have tried to access the page over 200 times now (212 to be precise) and keep getting the "momentarily unavailable" message - every once in a while i will get the first page of signup to appear, i fill it in and click on the next arrow and i get dumped back to the momentarily unavailable screen again

talk about sodding frustrating :m00:

F

Flimgoblin

well all the doleys/students/sick-day folks will still be hammering the server from last night.

And its 9am so people will be getting up.

I'm hoping lunchtime myself.

E

Envenom2

ive accessed the subscription page 10 times in the last hour lol maybe instead of camping the subs page fuck off to bed wake up later and maybe you will get in and maybe not until then shut it!

J

Javai

All I can say is keep trying it - I managed to register 2 accounts last night (about 12.30) by persevering.

T

Thorgald

saw something about being able to activate within the game.. anyone knows how?

O

old.Biffsmash

The idiots should of anticipated the problem and improved the server to ensure it worked so people can signup and play the game they paid for.

Yet another cock up from the idiots at GOA with big brains

M

Mirhen Morkir

I clicked refresh on my browser window for an hour last night until i finally got the login box, then i clicked refresh on the login for 45 minutes until i got my account page up, then clicked refresh for 15 minutes to validate the SI key ....

The message is, it's all pure luck atm :D

E

elath

Originally posted by Thorgald

Its the account bottun on the main server selection gump....however it takes you to the same webpage as doing it manually 80(

T

Teh Fonz!!1

Well it's not actually via the game, it's on the page where you choose the server you want to play on.

So far I've managed to get the 'insert username/password' screen twice, both times I entered my details and pressed the button it timed out on me :(

I'm at work at the moment so won't be able to play it till way later tonight so I'm not too bothered, would be nice to know it's over and done with though.

Originally posted by Envenom2
ive accessed the subscription page 10 times in the last hour lol maybe instead of camping the subs page fuck off to bed wake up later and maybe you will get in and maybe not until then shut it!

I can't go to bed mate, I'm at work, paying for your dole money probably.

O

old.Biffsmash

the subscription page should work, period, I mean, its not even as though a lot of people play this game, 200,000 people and maybe the server should complain, but the tiny amount of people who play this.. pffft

/sarcasm on
Please form an orderly single file queue to the subscription page, 1 at a time, no pushing
/sarcasm off

grrr

:puke:

M

Mirhen Morkir

Shame only 80 people can connect to the subscription pages at any one time

T

Thorgald

soooo.. ok..... if it isnt from within the game.. why does kemor say so?? :)

im getting EXTREAMLY frustrated here!! :(

E

Envenom2

im actually on a 2 weeks holiday from work atm fonz started on wensday kthx ^^

A

Archeon

I'm just settling with playing the old client in 1.57, i can patch to SI later (knowing my luck i won't be able to run it properly so i'l probably be using the old client anyway :))

R

Ragnarok1978

Sub pages been down for me at least 2 hrs (Since I go tmy copy, heh).

Annoying as hell.

I

ironclaw

Well, I had same problem with being dumped after putting in pasword etc. This was due to them not wanting game password but subscription password - though it does not say you have failed to give correct password of course.

I managed to activate SI (I think - can't get back to check) but seem not to be being logged into SI version - no new races on character screen.

J

Jerjerod

*presses Ctrl v*
*clicks arrow*
'We are busy - come back later'
*clicks back twice*
*clicks on password box*
*presses Ctrl v*
*clicks arrow*
*clicks back twice*
*clicks on password box*
*presses Ctrl v*
*clicks arrow*
*clicks back twice*
*clicks on password box*
*presses Ctrl v*
*clicks arrow*
*clicks back twice*
*clicks on password box*...............................................

just out of interest Envenom2 why in gods name would you want to acces the subs page 10 times in one hour?! do you have 10 accounts?! what the hell is wrong with you....

T

Thorgald

i havent been able to get in toi the sub pages since they released SI... thats like 12 hiurs now.. :(

S

Slinker

is it your subscription PW it wants ? hate to get that far and mess it up putting the wrong PW in . Thanks

T

Tilda

the activation page is limited to 80 users at one time so that their payment system dosnt crash.

personally i would rather have to wait a bit in a queue and eventally get activated than for everybody to try and activate their payment system to crash and for it not to be avaliable for a day or so.

The 80 person limit proves they have thought about it enought to do this to stop it all crashing.

Tilda

N

-Nxs-

Originally posted by Teh Fonz!!1
Was clicking subscribe all night in the hope I could get to the actual subscription page rather than the 'We are busy - come back later' page.

Tried it early this morning, I even tried it at 5 o'clock in the morning. Still nothing, it was busy (?!)

When do you think someone like me can just subscribe without having to wait for anyone else clogging up my subscription server?

Later this afternoon?

Tonight?

Tomorrow?

Saturday?

Do I have to pay for the days I've been unable to play?

Why do GOA have a highly used subscription page that contains 564 Gigabytes of pretty pictures that never correctly load anyway? (Seriously, just give us a text based one - please)

I kinda did a sneaky thing last night, we know that the subs page will only allow 80 concurrent connections. so I just loaded up urm quite a few browsers to the account page and did a refresh on each one when it failed.

Within 10 minutes i was past the "username/password" screen, and i have to say browsing was alot quicker then - maybe its on a seperate server/pipe once your in. This was around 23.00 GMT last night when the subs page was at its worse, so keep trying you'll get in.

X

Xandax

On some wierd plane of exsiting - I'm actually content to not getting SI untill tomorrow. Then there is a slim to none chance that the supp. page can be accessed (hey - it is still a chance)

A

Alrindel

I had a feeling this was going to happen, so as soon as I got my SI box from the shop yesterday morning, I went straight to the web site and registered my SI CD-KEY to my account before the mad rush.

It's no consolation to the people who are upset and frustrated now because they can't play, but at least we won't ever have to go through this again... unless there's another expansion. :rolleyes:

F

Flimgoblin

Re: Re: So when can I expect to subscribe?

Originally posted by -Nxs-

I kinda did a sneaky thing last night, we know that the subs page will only allow 80 concurrent connections. so I just loaded up urm quite a few browsers to the account page and did a refresh on each one when it failed.

aha it's your fault I can't get in ;)

E

elath

soooo.. ok..... if it isnt from within the game.. why does kemor say so?? :)

im getting EXTREAMLY frustrated here!! :(

You can do it from within the game.....start your SI executable - fill in your original daoc key - swift patch - psswd screen comes up - fill it in but for server/char choose "no thank you" - agree to the rules - the main server choice gump comes up - at the top is a new bit that says active addons - it will currently say none - next to this is a button that says activate addon (or something similar). However - clicking this will take you to the same web page that you can get to manually from main GOA webpage - it wont let you in any faster. However you will get a 2mb patch out of the way :)

H

healer_mcheal

and on top of that i can get to the pwd screen easly, but i lost my Sub pwd due to a format:rolleyes: so waiting on an answer from goa if they will giv me it back lol

I

ironsoldier

activated but no SI

I managed to activate SI, but still no features in the game.

Reinstalled twice now, and still no luck.

O

old.Plebo

Re: activated but no SI

Originally posted by ironsoldier
I managed to activate SI, but still no features in the game.

Reinstalled twice now, and still no luck.

are you running the new SI executable, or your old DAoC executable. If you run the old one you'll just run the old game, but patched to 1.57.

You need to run SI to activate the new SI characters, etc.

Users who are viewing this thread