So whats your first impressions of Avalon?

Calmin

Fledgling Freddie
Curious to hear from the new groups that started running in the last couple of weeks what their first impressions of 8v8 on lyo-ava are?

Dont be shy you know who you are! :)

Cromcruaich

Can't get enough of FH
Had a rocky start with people not being able to make it, also pain filling spots when some of group missing (but that will change in time). Bit of aclimatisation needed to get used to the sheer volume of people, and to trust those lag indicators - ie when you feel that lag, go with your gut instinct and kite off before the 2 3fg trains come and mow you down, but after really good session lastnight it's slowly looking like the hard work will pay off and the move was the only thing possible for fg warefare. Also the sheer amount of activity is great.

Only downside is that it looks like hell to solo on anything but invisibles and casters - had a bash at it with thane and was very frustrating - popped on by groups of 6 stealthers, mowed down by 2fg's on stick, not a single other soloer out there - just end up leeching stuff with castables while trying to follow the zerg around - which aint much fun. Not tried solo zone yet - doubt will be able to compete as inexperienced ra group specced thane.

Oh and it wasnt GG1 who ganked you at fins lastnight - was gahns group! GG1 is beyond reproach and pure as the driven snow. honest guv. :)

swords

Can't get enough of FH
Not used to playing a tank group but we've ran 3 nights and won a few fights vs higher RR groups so its not like we totally suck atm :)

Calmin

Fledgling Freddie
Captain Crom fear not we survived as luckily another group of hibs was nearby to fend off the evil Gahn and co!

There was only 4 of us actively playing and 2 were in ROGs so it would have been 50-50 versus NFD GG2 :)

Glad to hear you guys are making progress...even though we've got some RR over you guys on the really tough nights in the 8v8 zone quite often we lose solidly for an hour and start QQing on vent, only to beat a really good group and cheer wildly about how much we rock....exactly the reason we came here really so we're happy as lambs really!

And yes soloing doesnt exist really other than in the solo zone, i wanted to roll a friar on lyonesse but having witnessed the zerg i didnt bother!

But your alliance is massive like ours so when everyones templated you'll have alliance pugs out 24/7 for the times when your set groups arent running.....good way of finding decent reps too obviously. (not you coo coo!)

Gahn

Resident Freddy
Gahn's group pfft we were just 5 bored of pve ^^

Gahn

Resident Freddy
Nerf you landing Side Stun on me Gahn! (I was on Uonz, the Luri chanter).

Luckily I got inside tho ;)

It's skillz :p Shame that Nib was shouting "get back" like an eagle on vent and so i heard my % of fuck offs for that -.-

Rushie

Fledgling Freddie
its quite tough to begin with, every grp we came across had a lot of rr10-rr12 players in it. personally i found it quite funny that u get about 2-3 of them insta moc when u drop ur 1st BL and not even in melee range yet and this was when we were a rr1 grp vs rr11 grps.

i couldnt imagine having to do that if we were on our alb grp vs such low rr grps, in fact id be pretty dissapointed if thats what it took to win.

charmangle

Fledgling Freddie
its quite tough to begin with, every grp we came across had a lot of rr10-rr12 players in it.

Hehe, can only agree...
We ran for the first time with our fg yesterday...(not entirely ready yet, still some important MLs and small template things left), but close enough and we needed the break for rvr!:)

Was rocking fun though we only sniffed at the mid bridge area of agra 2 times and got run over by a complete Mid Herra group both times!:)

But found some lower groups between beno/eras, and a couple of zergs that mowed us down without slowing down on their way to eras!;)

From now on well be running 20.00-24.00 every monday/thursday. (Bah unfortunatly we start with 2 people beeing off this thursday and 1 the comming monday, but with some luck we have some reps in guild/alliance. Shike is soon ready with his template I think!)

Btw, just checking so I know if we got this right, most fgs run Agra for fg action?

Rules in agra are, standard no adding, strange no strafing, and thats it? Any "resting = no attack" rule or something like that?

Rules in Irvr areas = "if you are there you zerg" and zerg = "no rule" OR ?

/Charmangle

ps. Nice to know what the consensus are over here before hand!:) ds.

Littles

Loyal Freddie
In an ideal world i want a server with a population more than pryd/excal and less than avalon/lyon. The sheer numbers on avalon are just insane. Id also like a 8v8 zone for the people who have a job.

While im having a moan, if your reading GMs could you please remove all towers from the game. Thanks

Calmin

Fledgling Freddie
Hehe, can only agree...
We ran for the first time with our fg yesterday...(not entirely ready yet, still some important MLs and small template things left), but close enough and we needed the break for rvr!:)

Was rocking fun though we only sniffed at the mid bridge area of agra 2 times and got run over by a complete Mid Herra group both times!:)

But found some lower groups between beno/eras, and a couple of zergs that mowed us down without slowing down on their way to eras!;)

From now on well be running 20.00-24.00 every monday/thursday. (Bah unfortunatly we start with 2 people beeing off this thursday and 1 the comming monday, but with some luck we have some reps in guild/alliance. Shike is soon ready with his template I think!)

Btw, just checking so I know if we got this right, most fgs run Agra for fg action?

Rules in agra are, standard no adding, strange no strafing, and thats it? Any "resting = no attack" rule or something like that?

Rules in Irvr areas = "if you are there you zerg" and zerg = "no rule" OR ?

/Charmangle

ps. Nice to know what the consensus are over here before hand!:) ds.

Glad to hear you guys are almost ready....

The 8v8 zone moves regularly normally from Agramon to breifine....to find out where it is and to sign your group up go to lyoava-8vs8 on irc.

As for the rules yes its no adding on fights, no attacking a resting group, that seems to include groups that sit on inc (usually cause they have an LD or something). No strafing to avoid tank styles / melee hits.....And tanks cant strafe MOCing / QC casters, although going for side stuns seems to be ok.

Poon

One of Freddy's beloved
Finding it hard to figure out what the shite most people are saying ^^

Me and Rulke on there mainly pl'ing toons atm

Brohanith

Loyal Freddie
Being part of Calmin's setgrp, I'm enjoying the fgrvr and the danish spam on vent atm (just not that idiot song Ben!). Now that we're switching to tank setup we should last longer than we do now, cus most grps we encounter simply seem to play on survivability. And losing our 2 fluffy luris means its all over. Tho now I'll probably have to actually do something usefull on BM :(

PuGs in the daytime are getting more and more interesting. Seems there's usually enough alliance people on to form a nice pug. And if not, there's always plenty of germans that would like to join and have adapted to our "ventrillo". (most don't even know what it is, st0pid TS)
Whenever I have an afternoon off, god bless uni, my firby m8y Isle is always on to start a grp with and being the only hib grp out at that time, there's plenty to fight.

All and all, gifv more cluster grps to fight and I'll even survive the bloody danish song Ben keeps playing on vent. :twak:

Calmin

Fledgling Freddie
Dont blame me for that song, its Danish blame them for writing it!

And it will continue to be used as punishment over vent for blatant stupidity! :)

islef

Loyal Freddie
Lovin it!
Early it is even quite good action solo'ing on my BM, after labby, had tons of nice fights on agramon and when it gets zergy you can always start a little alliance pug..

My only lament is that we are not as active as a fg as i could wish due to our rl obligations etc, but i hope this changes.. luckily a few of the alliance guilds let my noob arse rep in their grps from time to time..

In short awesome.. log in.. insta action in one form or another.

swords

Can't get enough of FH
Alot of RR11 Avalonian clerics too... these Germans do love the shoulder pads :worthy:

charmangle

Fledgling Freddie
YAAARRRR!! another avalonian to slap around :p
Hehe yea Ill be rpfodder for ya till I ding rr7 then Im comming back with a vengance!:)

Alot of RR11 Avalonian clerics too... these Germans do love the shoulder pads :worthy:
You wouldnt believe the amount of Troll Shamans there are, running around in groups on high rr!:)

/Charmangle

Coldbeard

Part of the furniture
First impression:

ZERGY! Ridiculous amount of players, everywhere!

also

More rr12 characters playing than there are people online on UK cluster.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom